Edward Cullen x Reader Part 1

(((A/n: this is a cross over with legacies, only years later )))

(Y/n's intro)

My father once told me that music wasn't an activity that consisted of noise and patterns, but an instrument that humans created to express what the composer felt from the heart when words abandoned us.
That there was a reason that music is more powerful than words can ever describe it and that it is far mightier than the sword 🗡️ or the pen 🖋️. Because music not only cuts deeper than any blade imaginable, but it opens doors in the darkness when times are tough and when the composer seems to only complicate through song.

(Y/n Pov)

Which leads me to why I'm walking through the crowded hallways, my head down, eyes lasered focused on the floor. Heading to the one place I call Sanctuary in this purgatory of teenage hormones called Forks High School.
I could easily navigate the halls full of students with my eyes closed because I had one special tool up my sleeve that also helped me keep bellow everyone's radar these days.
I could hear everyone mentally chatting like how everyone verbally speaks during the lunch hour and you can hear all their conversations going on around you if you remained silent.
Mike caught a glimpse of me as I turned and he called out.
"Y/n hey how you-".
He saw I didn't change my speed or indicate that I heard him, which was why he cut himself off as thought sadly.
'She didn't hear me'.
Eric was beside him so he wacked Mike upside the head as he said aloud.
"Dude.
Leave her alone, can't you see she wants to get to class, education is important you know".
Eric was shacking his head as he thought.
'Hopefully Charlie will scare Mike away so I have a shot'.
Mike then said humping at Eric.
"Yeah, but she's involved with school activities like track and pep rallies yet she never talks to anyone".
'Shes been here a Year, it's kind of odd'.
Erics voice was still in hearing rang as I walk walking away.
"Girls will be girls dude".

I rushed into the empty music room, my chest felt like it was being weighed down by rocks and my throat felt like it was caught in a vice-like grip which made it hard to breathe as I fought the tears that were fighting to escape when I heard what Eric thought and said.
When I made it to the stage podium, I dropped my backpack on it carefully and held onto the podium as I left out a silent verbal cry when I could hear it in my own head, the scream I exhaled the night of the accident a year ago.
A scream that haunts me.
Dad always said that a composer's ability to hear nosie others can't is a gift that helps make great musicians become legends.
Now, the gift was a terrible curse.
Because I couldn't escape that night, and escape the reality I might never see my father again.
Because the police said his body went missing  at the accident site, and he was declared Dead while I was F***** unconscious in the hospital.
I spent two weeks alone in my own house waking up hoping he would just walk through the door and smile saying 'I'm home baby girl'.
When I got back to my old school all I got was pity and constant reminders and apologies expressed by my peer for the loss I suffered.
It just made the notion that I'm alone in this world without my father all the more harder to stomach.
I know what your thinking, what about my mom? Why couldn't I live with her?
I wish I could if I knew where she is.
The thing was Dad said she was in hiding, all I have of her was a picture.
He said that I look just like her while I was growing up.
That he said she wanted to be there with us, but she didn't want to risk my safety.
But my dad always thought ahead in case something happened to him, his old class mate Charlie swan. I called him Uncle Charlie because he was family despite us not being biologically related. When Charlie headed about what happened, he drove all the way to California to come and take me home.
I just needed to get away from California.
Now here I am, one year later in my junior year, hiding away in the music auditorium.
I got my breathing under control as I fought the tears and sat in the empty room.
I didn't have classes until April because I spent the past two weeks, tirelessly completely half of a spring semester's worth of work because the nightmares started again.
Now I could spend my time here, in the auditorium meant to be the stage for forks highs band to practice for school events.
Now it was my safe haven from the constant reminders of what I have to live with outside the double doors.
Once my tears were no longer pushing to realise from my eyes, I took shallow breaths while covering my eyes.
Focusing on something that could take my mind off the minds of the memories of my fellow students thoughts back at my old school.
They were all thinking about my dad, sad that he died but some were thinking he didn't die and that he left me behind at the accident sight.
I clasped my hands around one another when I thought back that night, my father would ever leave me.
'No way my dad would leave me, not while he was pulling me out of the car while bleeding out'.