✨*Modern* Male Esmeralda x Reader ✨

***Requested by Dreamykawaii***

(Y/n's Intro)

My mother once said that love sees not with the mind, but with the heart. That it makes us blind to logical reasoning and all that you'll think about is them.
She told me that when I'll meet the one, everything will change. They'll inspire you to do your best, challenge you to think outside the box, motivate you through your struggles, support you through the good times and the bad, and accept you for who you truly are.
And I believed her, I believed that there was someone out there meant for me.
But when I saw what love did to my mother when my father broke her heart.
I vowed to never fall in love, because love leaves us defenseless against a deep gut wrenching pain that isn't brought on by a sword.

(Y/n's Pov)

I was a little girl when my parent's divorced. The people in their place were reflections of the happy loving couple they once were.
They put on a brave face and tried to make it work for my benefit, but in the end, they realized they didn't love each other as much as they did when they first met.
But my father would always be my mother's first love.
It was clear in the pain I saw in her eyes everyday since their divorce. It made me angry at the man I once looked up do, how he could leave such a deep and painful wound everytime she see him.
It probably didn't make it any better that I was a constant reminder of the good time during the first few years of her first marriage.
She knew I felt I was the cause of her pain because she said that I was the reason she never gave up. Inspiring her to not let what she went through define her.
Encouraging her to go back out into the world, because if you guys knew half of what my mother went through you'll know that out of hundreds of people, she deserved to be happy.
I can't say that I was a happy camper the moment I woke up to the sound of the dreadful sound coming from a taxi cab in dire need of restoration.
'I know that sound'.
I shot up from resting my cheek on the leather seats of the ubar with my favorite green apple pillow that smelled like winter candy apples from bath and body works.
"Move your rusted bucket of bolts out of the street.
(My ubar driver, and old highschool friend Anna yelled at the cabie driver pulling out from picking up a client of the side of the cobblestone roads. Apparently the driver of the Paris taxi in front of us was having car issues.
The engine must have given out the exact time he was merging into the traffic.)
And while you're at it get a new paint job".
A lot of people behind us honked their horns and began complaining as I unbuckled my seat belt.
"I'll be right back Anna".
I told her as I grabbed my spare parts bag and exited with her calling out to me.
"Y/n be careful"!
A lot of people began yelling at me to get out of the street as I walked towards the taxi.
From what I could see the driver was a Gypsy and a female, the job market is tough on women, more on Gypsy women.
I said, smiling politely to her in French, holding the part he would need to get her engine back on track until he gets to a repair shop.
"Bonjour mademoiselle, je m'appelle Y/n L/n. Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît ouvrir le capot ? Cela ressemble à quelque chose de déconnecté de l'échappement de votre moteur".
She held her hand up and nodded, popping the hood and said.
"Oui mademoiselle, merci".

The minute I took to analyse the situation I saw that there was more than one problem. I wiped my forehead, collecting the red hair that stuck thanks to the atmosphere of Anna's car before she turned on the ace.
Gathering all eight inches of my hair and putting it into a messy mzke shift bun.
'no way is one part going to keep him going in order to make it to the next workshop after dropping off his client.
I immediately went to work on the engine, pulling spare parts, tools and mild adhesive's from my bag, rarely eipping my forehead. Everyone remained quiet and I could feel all the eyes of everyone on the street on the back of my neck.
I smiled when I put the final piece into place and I stood up, stretching and cracking my back, the suspense of everyone holding their breath could be heard in the silence.
I then said to the cabie wiping my forehead and grabbing the last clean rag from my bag and began sipping my hands.
"Essayez-le maintenant".
The cabie nodded as I gathered my stuff, the moment the engine roared with life like it did when it first rolled off the lot, brought relief. Instead of sounding like a mangled canary.