CHAPTER 25: SICK

Yoongi's hard earned success
was literally on the line and
there's nothing he could do to stop it.
__________________

Probably because Yoongi has been busy this entire week did he fail to notice in Hoseok's behavior.

Well he did take notice of Hoseok's illness only after they'd done their meeting with Lim Denis.

To be honest, Yoongi too didn't like the man. The aura he gave was a cunning one. Plus the way he acted rudely towards Hoseok annoyed him.

Yoongi put him back to his place instantly, making it clear to him that Hoseok was his husband, and he dared not treat him anyhow.

There was a look of realization and ... was it anger? In the older man's eye. He probably wasn't informed that Hoseok was married.

He remained quiet and awestruck throughout the entire conference, stealing dirty glances at Hoseok every few chances he got.

Hoseok was aware of this, and it made him feel disgusted. He so badly wanted to get as far away as possible from the man.

He was so thankful for Yoongi being by his side all the time, making sure he was less uncomfortable.

However, he still felt sick. Hell he'd been feeling sick from the moment Yoongi mentioned the man's name. And it looked like he wouldn't be able to hide it anymore. Especially now that the said man was in the same room with him.

-

"You've been feeling off since the conference meeting, you're sure you good?" Yoongi asked the younger, igniting the keys, ready to drive off into the road.

Working hours was just over, and they were making their way home.

"Yeah, I'm good." Hoseok answered, gaze stuck outside the window.

Yoongi didn't buy that. He knew something was wrong.

"Is it Mr Lim? I know he's an asshole. You don't have to worry about him. He wouldn't be in your way most of the time." Yoongi spoke assuringly, unaware of the fact that the old man was already in his way even before Yoongi knew him.

Hoseok gave a sad smile, gaze still stuck outside the window, nodding his head to Yoongi's promise.

'If only he knew.' Hoseok thought to himself.

Hoseok was so deep in thought that he didn't realize they'd reached home. Even Yoongi's habit of snapping his fingers in front of him didn't work this time until Yoongi practically yelled out his name.

"HOSEOK!!"

The way the younger flinched was way too alarming for Yoongi. "What's the matter? You've been spacing out a lot recently."

Hoseok gave his signature thin lip smile. He seems to always do that when he wanted to find an excuse. "There's nothing wrong, I'm fine." He said, taking off his seatbelt, about to open the door.

Yoongi grabbed his arm, pulling him back in. Hoseok yanked it away, surprising Yoongi.

"I said I'm fine!"

He said with a snarky tone before making his way out of the car, leaving a rather speechless Yoongi behind.

Now Yoongi wasn't sure how to react to that. Normally, old Yoongi would have gotten angry immediately, but right now he wasn't, nor was anything close to that. He was worried.

He got out of the car, slamming the door shut. He went after the younger, but for unknown reasons Hoseok was too fast. Probably because he knew Yoongi was coming after him. He was trying his possible best to avoid the elder, and it was working.

Yoongi ended up not catching up with him and Hoseok went straight to his room, slamming his door shot.

The tension in the mansion suddenly became thin, even a blunt knife could cut through it. Everyone felt it.

Yoongi wondered what could have gone wrong to make the Younger react that way. He decided to remain quiet, pretending not to give much thought to it. Maybe he was just feeling tired and needed some rest.

Dinner time was ready, and Yoongi ordered the maid to give Hoseok his food. What the maid said next might or might not have triggered Yoongi to do something to the situation.

"Sir I think Hoseok sir is not feeling too well."

Yoongi stopped eating, hard gaze moving to the old woman. "What do you mean? He seem fine to me."

"Recently, whenever I go to wake him up in the morning, he always seem too week. One time he even fell and I had to help him up-..."

Yoongi got up from his seat, his demeanor suddenly changing, scaring the innocent woman. "If this have been happening since, why didn't you tell me?"

"I- I'm sorry sir. He told me he was alright and begged me not to bother telling you. I'm really sorry." The woman begged, head bowed.

Yoongi headed straight to Hoseok's room. He didn't bother knocking as he was too immersed on what was on his mind than letting the younger know he was there.

He knew the younger had a habit of not securing his lock even though Yoongi had warned him several times to always lock it, for security reasons.

On getting inside, he was met with a shivering and sweaty Hoseok deep asleep. He still had his office clothes on, making him even more uncomfortable.

Yoongi signed heavily, moving towards the younger. He placed his palm on his forehead and... 'oh boi! Was he burning?!' Yoongi removed his hand, quickly othering one of the maids behind him to bring a clean towel and a bowl of cold water.

Knowing him to be a deep sleeper already, Yoongi didn't bother waking him up, instead, carefully guiding him up. He sat behind him, making his back rest on his chest.

He was breathing heavily, so heavily someone would think he was on his deathbed. Yoongi wondered how long he'd been keeping this. He was thankful that the maid informed him this sooner. He wandered what could have happened if it went any farther than this.

He was about to unbotten his shirt, when he realized they weren't alone. The maids were in the room too. So he dismissed them, othering them to stay nearby in case anything was needed

Although he had no problem with them being in the room with him. It was best that way afterall so Hoseok wouldn't think otherwise when he woke up. But the main issue were the bruises on his arms. He doubted if Hoseok would want them to see it.

He also hoped they hadn't seen it.

Right?!

They haven't seen it. right?!?!

.
.
.

Here you go guys. Please don't forget to vote