CHAPTER 72: PRANK GONE WRONG.

"How did you get here?"
Hoseok chose to ask instead,
not attempting to hide his surprise
at how he hadn't noticed the elder
come in.
_____________________

Yoongi shrugged his shoulders, snaking his arms around the younger's waist, his nose instinctively burying into his hair. "You seemed really spaced out. You probably didn't notice when I came in." He answered.

Hoseok hummed in response, realizing how spaced out he must have been to not notice the elder's presence.

"Mind telling me what the problem is?" Yoongi continued, gaze meeting the younger's through the mirror.

"Do you think I'm ugly?" Hoseok blurted out, uncertain gaze staring at the elder in the mirror.

The frown that appeared on Yoongi's face told Hoseok Yoongi didn't like the question.

"No." Yoongi pointed out sternly,his frown still not leaving his face as he studied the younger.

Hoseok signed heavily, his gaze going back to his bruised chest. Yoongi followed is gaze, realizing pretty easily what the younger was implying.

He spun the younger around, his back now facing the mirror so he wouldn't have any reason to think ugly of himself.

"If you're thinking of those scars... don't." Yoongi pointed out sternly, yet with a soft expression. "They're a part of your past now you shouldn't be thinking about them anymore. Instead, enjoy the present and make yourself a clearer future. You're beautiful the way you are and everyone around can prove it. Whatever lies those monsters had fed you aren't true."

Hoseok closed his eyes, head resting on the elder's chest, not entirely giving in to the elder's statement.

Did he still see himself as ugly?

Yes

Was he feeling guilty for not believing any of Yoongi's words?

Also yes.

He knew the elder was sincere, but in Hoseok's pov, no one in their sane mind would look at him and not grimace at those ugly scars.

Maybe Yoongi still found him attractive in other ways, but he obviously didn't find himself attractive.

Attempting to lighten the mood, he decided to change the topic. But it came out wrong.

"I feel like I'm getting fat these days tho, I think I should loose some more weight." He chuckled lightly, not giving much thought to what held that statement.

Yoongi's frown which hadn't left his face deepened. Placing his finger beneath the younger's chin, he raised his head up, their gaze locking.

"Sweetheart you aren't gaining any weight. You're literally almost ten years older than yoobin, yet he weighs more than you. You need to eat a lot instead, it's really unhealthy to starve yourself. And even if you're fat, I don't care, I still love you regardless." Yoongi stated matter of factly, slowly leaning in to capture the younger's lips in a soft kiss.

.
.
.

"I told you I can't swim! I swear to god if I drown, you're going with me!!" Hoseok playfully whined endlessly as a laughing Yoongi dragged him towards the water.

"Don't worry, you're not going to drown. Your super hero is here to save you." Yoongi boasted admist chuckles, eventually succeeding I'm pulling Hoseok with him into the water.

The water was not as deep, as Hoseok had thought it to be, relieving his fear of drowning a little bit. He was still scared shitless, but at least, he could feel the blue ground beneath his feet and the water was up to his chest.

This was the first time he'd ever thought of being in a pool talk less of swimming or even learning how to swim. He was never given the opportunity to.

Yoongi snapped his fingers in front of the younger, bringing him out of his thought.

"See? You didn't drown. The water isn't even that deep." Yoongi laughed, splashing some water at the younger.

Hoseok snickered, wiping the water off his face. " I'm not drowning because I haven't taken another step since I got in. I'm sure as hell I'll be clutching for my dear life if I decide to move." He retorted playfully, splashing some water back at the elder.

This resulted in a water splashing war between the two. Being the stronger and more experienced one, Yoongi obviously won.

Both male decided to take some rest, sitting at the edge of the pull, rambling about nothing in particular, with Yoongi doing most of the talking.

Hoseok was spaced out once again, and Yoongi was quick to notice.

"Earth to you princess!" Yoongi's playful voice rang into his ear, earning a shrieky flinch from the younger, his angry glare boring at Yoongi after. This resulted in a fit of laughter from the elder, seeing the cute annoyed expression of the younger.

Hoseok wasn't going to let that slide. Getting up from the edge of the pool where he'd been sitting,  he went behind the elder, who was still laughing, too distracted to notice the younger behind him who had a mischievous grin on his face.

A surprised yelp left Yoongi's lips when he felt himself being pushed into the pool. A loud splash following after as his body collided with the water, the clear liquid, swallowing him in completely.

"Serves you right!" Hoseok laughed, clapping his hands excitedly. " That's for scaring me!" He continued laughing, taking his sit back at the edge of the pull.

Hoseok's smile was slowly leaving his lips when he didn't notice yoongi swim back to the top.

"Yoongi?" He called out,  panic slowly starting to kick in.

There was no response, fueling Hoseok's anxiety.

"Hyung stop playing, come out now." Hoseok tried again, hoping it was just one of the elder's pranks to get back at him.

Still no response. Hoseok was in full on panic by now.

Not thinking twice, Hoseok jumped into the pool in search of the elder, forgetting completely that he was at the deep section of the pool, the part where his feet could hardly touched the ground unless he was on his tipie toes,and the water reaching up to his chin regardless. Only Yoongi could swim up to this section since he knew how to swim, but Hoseok couldn't.

Hoseok was at the verge of tears by now as he began splashing around shouting the elder's name, not caring about the fact that he was literally almost drowning.

.
.
.

Here you go guys, don't forget to vote.