CHAPTER 60: SLOWLY PROGRESSING

He feared his uncle more than
anything and his presence
alone made him nauseous.
_______________

It's been two days, and still, no progress on finding Hoseok.

Yoongi felt like his whole world has crumbled. And It was affecting everybody.

With the help of his dad, they were able to get trusted legal authorities involved. However, Yoongi and Jiwoo didn't want it public, so it was a secret mission.

Jiwoo was able to give a few informations on what she could remember, for she herself was made unconscious when they kidnapped her.

She was still in Japan when it happened. It was on Sunday evening, the same day Yoongi had gifted Hoseok his new phone with his new number. She was in her room resting, when she got a text message from an unsaved number.

It turned out it was Hoseok texting her about his new phone. She called him and the spoke for a while.

Not long after they bid themselves good night did the kidnappers barge into her house, like they've been waiting for this moment. She was knocked out into darkness in an instant, not even having the chance to react.

The next time she woke up, she saw that they were in a truck, driving along some bushy road. She dared herself to look out the window and could only see trees, nothing else, not a single sign of demarcation that could tell her where she was.

She heard voices, coming from the drivers seat. Through concentrated hearing, she figured out that they'll be three of them.

They went on driving for hours before the truck stopped, she heard footsteps coming towards the back of the truck and she immediately pretended to be unconscious.

Shortly after, the large door opened. She couldn't see his face, but she could tell he was the one that knocked her out from the familiar cologne.

"She's still down." She heard the man say. As he came closer to her, lightly kicking her leg.

"Alright then!" She heard another male voice say. "We're almost there tho, in less than two hours, we should be in the Korean border."

Korea? They were taking her back to Korea!

The man left her alone once again, making his way back to the front of the truck. She got up after a few minutes, straining her ears to the metal barrier that separated her from them.

"Have you sent his number to them?" She heard a voice say as the engine began to roar.

"Yeah, they should be getting Hoseok soon. His shouldn't be that hard." Another voice said.

Now she knew who was behind all this. It was definitely her parents, with uncle Denis being the ring leader. She needed to get out of here as quick as possible and make sure Hoseok was ok.

Unfortunately, she was late.

Already planning her escape, she waited till they reached Korea before making any actions. Taking note of her surroundings, she could tell they were very close to the border.

Another important thing she needed was her phone, but it was with them. She'd have to be sleek to be able to get it back.

She wasn't sure what time it was, but she knew the day had passed, it was a Monday now. Probably around eleven in the morning.

That means they hadn't slept throughout the night, they'd probably be tired by now.

A few more minutes passed and she could here joyful shouts as they now crossed the border. She could tell they were really tired for they wouldn't stop talking about how much rest they'd take once they settled.

Another hour went by, and the truck eventually came to a stop. She looked through the crack of the door and could see that they were in a village.

"What happened." A tired voice asked.

"I dunno, it seems the fuel is finished." Another tired voice said, trying to start the engine again.

"Since we're close by, why not us just take some rest and continue our journey later. It won't kill to relax a little." The third voice persuaded, already yawning.

And without hesitation, the rest agreed. She heard them get out of the truck, making their way to a small house nearby.

The moment the last figure disappeared, Jiwoo sprung into action. She could remember the man not locking the back of the truck the last time he came to check on her. Or he forgot to.

How careless of them.

Quietly making her way out of the truck, she tiptoed to the front, hoping to see her phone there, and there it was. Sitting carelessly on the headboard.

Not wasting any more time, she picked it and sprinted towards the opposite direction. Thankfully, she was on a simple clothing of black sweatpant an a big white T- shirt that was now badly stained with her blood. So she didn't have to worry about taking off anything.

"I guess they were able to get Hoseok's new number from my phone, cause I was the first and only one he called after he got his new phone." Jiwoo signed sadly.

"The police man who'd been jotting down all that she'd said droped his pen, signing. Don't worry miss. We'll help you find your brother soon. He tried to assure.

-

Yoongi did everything he could to get Hoseok back. Although, it seems slow, but he knew he was progressing.

Their plans seemed to be working now.

Lea was the first person to be arrested. She was caught trying to smuggle illegal substances out of the country.

Hoseok's parents were caught next while trying to flee to china, and locked up in the police custody. But they were refusing to utter a word.

However, they blew out their cover when they realized Denis had planned their arrest. They felt betrayed.

Although, things were beginning to go smoothly, they still had a hard time finding Hoseok and Denis.

This angered Yoongi even further, as his determination to kill the man grew stronger every passing day.

The only person that knew what he was capable of doing was his mum, and she could do nothing but force Yoongi to stay at home, restricting his movements, while the police did their things.

He fought with his mum because of that, but he knew she was right, she was just trying to protect him.

.
.
.

Here you go guys. Don't forget to vote