CHAPTER 71: THE VOICES

Yoongi nodded placing a peck on his forehead.
"I won't be. I promise." He answered.
______________________

"Arise! Sunshine." Yoongi's early morning deep raspy voice sang into Hoseok's ear, causing a shiver from the younger.

Hoseok hummed, still deep in his sleep, pressing his back further into the elder's chest.

Yoongi smiled, combing his fingers through his hair.

"You've gotta wake up, sweetheart. It's noon already." He whispered again, this time, turning the younger around so they were facing each other. He rolled over, hovering on top of the lazily sleeping younger, placing light pecks on his face.

Hoseok groaned, trying to shift away from the elder's kiss attack, all to no avail.

"If you don't wake up now, I won't stop kissing you." Yoongi husked into his ear, chuckling as he watched the younger open his eyes, little fist hitting his chest.

"Get off me." Hoseok groaned, attempting to push the elder off of him.

Yoongi listened, getting up from the bed, not failing to pull the lazy younger up with him.

"C'mon, let's find something to eat and look for something fun to do." He chirped, dragging the younger with him out of the room with him.

And down the stairs they went, hand in hand, into the kitchen, in search of something simple to eat.

Yoongi caught sight of the uncompleted dishes they'd left undone the night before, when the electricity decided to fail them.

Deciding that ordering some food would be a better idea, he gently pushed Hoseok out of the kitchen, leading him to the sitting room.

Hoseok frowned, straining his neck to look at Yoongi who was behind him, large hands on both of his shoulders.

"What? Is something wrong." He queried, as soon as Yoongi changed their direction from the kitchen to the sitting room.

"Nope, just thought we could order something to eat instead. I'm too lazy to cook right now."

"I can coo-."

"Hell no!" Yoongi exclaimed, interrupting Hoseok mid sentence. "Are you forgetting the the time you made some cookies for me, back at the café"

Hoseok frowned, red blush beginning to paint his cheek as the memories from that faithful day came flooding into his mind. "I didn't say I can bake! Baking is different from cooking!!" He emphasized, trying to defend himself

"They both require the same thing tho, you almost burnt down the cafe that day." Yoongi teased, picking his phone to make an order.

Hoseok huffed, giving up already on trying to argue with the elder. There was no use. Especially when he knew Yoongi was right, he wasn't the best option in the kitchen, and he himself was aware of it.

Few minutes passed with them bickering about nothing in particular, before their order arrived.

Thanking the dispatch rider, Yoongi collected their meal, spreading them all out on the table, before calling Hoseok to join him.

-

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" Yoongi queried, noticing the younger just staring down at his meal, poking the food with his chopsticks every few minutes.

Yoongi noticed he hadn't even touched the food while he himself was almost emptying his plate.

Hoseok looked up, surprised gaze meeting Yoongi's. He quickly looked away, back at his food.

He was nervous , Yoongi could pretty much tell. He probably wasn't expecting Yoongi to notice him not eating.

He was obviously nervous.

Yoongi's brow furrowed, waiting for him to say something.

Hoseok gave his thin lip smile, shaking his head. "There's nothing wrong. The food is good. I'm just ... n- not hungry?" He tested, stealing a quick glance at the elder, hoping he'll not pester him further.

The slight frown on Yoongi's face told him he wasn't buying that. He's been using that excuse a lot recently, Yoongi was obviously not going to believe his lie.

Hoseok signed, picking his chopsticks. "I'll eat. Okay? You don't have to worry."

Yoongi's gaze didn't leave him as he watched him slowly take a small portion, bringing it close to his mouth. His fingers were shaking. It was pretty obvious he wasn't going to eat it.

Hoseok signed, dropping the chopsticks. Frustration clearly written on his face.

"They won't stop!" He whined, tears pressing the corner of his eyes.

Understanding what the younger was implying pretty easily, Yoongi wasted no time in getting up from his seat, making his way towards the younger.

He sat next to him, pulling him to his embrace.

They stayed quiet for a while before Yoongi spoke. "How about you start with just little. Hmm?"

Hoseok shook his head, withdrawing from the elder's embrace. "They won't stop." He repeated, his voice in a whisper, eyes shut closed as he tried to distract himself from the taunting voices.

Yoongi signed, combing his fingers through the younger's hair. He felt stupid, and mad At himself for not realizing this sooner. He knew Hoseok not to be a great eater, but it never occurred to him that it wasn't the case until now.

Whatever lies that monster had fed him during his abduction were now the voices taunting him, telling him things that weren't true.

"Those voices aren't real sweetheart." Yoongi tried to assure. "They're all lies."

Hoseok remained quiet, instead, going back to resting his head on the elder's chest. That seem to be the only thing that was comforting to him right now.

Deciding that doing something else could help distract the younger, Yoongi, decided that they spent the day outside. It was a hot afternoon, so they chose to go for a swim.

Hoseok seemed reluctant. "I can't swim." He tried to persuade, hoping the elder wouldn't pester him.

But Yoongi was persistent. "Don't worry, I can teach you." He responded, dragging the younger with him towards the closet.

Picking up a simple black swim short for himself, he picked out a pastel blue short for the younger, his favorite colour. Looked like he'd planned this ahead.

In a few minutes, Yoongi was ready.

Making his way to the swimming arena of the large beach house, he settled himself in the pool.

Hoseok kept staring at himself in the mirror. He didn't like the way he looked, and he was damn sure Yoongi too wouldn't.

'Told ya? You're so ugly, you deserve those ugly bruises and even more. You should have just ended your life a long time ago, and save Yoongi the stress of having to-..."

"Sweetheart?" Hoseok's taunting mind got cut off by Yoongi's voice who was surprisingly behind him, staring back at him in the mirror.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi queried, noticing the uneasy expression on the younger's face.

"How did you get here?" Hoseok chose to ask instead, not attempting to hide his surprise at how he hadn't noticed the elder come in.

.
.
.

Here you go guys. Don't forget to vote.
My exam is finally over. I can update frequently now.