CHAPTER 39: "FORGIVE ME"

"I'll take my leave now.
I don't need your permission
anyway to find myself a new job.
I'll do it myself."
_________

Hoseok began making his way towards the door, unaware of the elder coming towards him. He opened the door about to leave when...

"Hoseok please listen to me!"  Yoongi begged, immediately slamming the door shut, blocking the younger from moving out, his broad frame hovering above the younger.

Hoseok's reaction pained Yoongi to the core.

He flinched, quickly blocking his face with his arm afraid that Yoongi was going to hit him.

They remained in the same spot for a few seconds, before Yoongi apologized, taking a step away from the younger. He still somehow blocked the door, making sure the younger wouldn't be able to leave until he hears him out.

"Okay, I'll let you have whatever job you want, but please, can you... can you listen to me, just this once. Yoongi begged so desperately.

Hoseok slowly dropped his hands, having his full attention on the elder, nervously dusting away non existent creases on his shirt.

No one could tell the fireworks that were going through his mind with the close proximity he was with Yoongi right now.

"C- can you step back a little?" His tiny voice spoke.

"Sorry." Yoongi apologized once again, taking another step away from him.

Silence loomed in the air for a long time as Hoseok waited for the elder to say something.

Yoongi on the other hand was having tons of battles in his head on what to say, or even where to start from.

"I love you." Was all he could blurt out after the long awaited silence.

Hoseok's brow furrowed.

"Please don't doubt it." Yoongi continued. "I know it's going to take a while to gain those trust back. And I promise to gain them back no matter how much it takes me...

"Please... give me a chance, and I promise not to let you regret any of your actions.

You're not a property, neither are you just a thing I brought from the market. You're my husband. And that was declared on the altar on the day of our wedding. Whatever money I gave to your parents was just an agreement, it has nothing to do with our marriage..."

"...please..." Yoongi went down on his knee. Something he'd never done before.

This took Hoseok by surprise. He quickly knelt down with the elder, trying to help him up.

"Wh- what are you doing Hyung?!" Hoseok's alarmed voice rang.

Yoongi seemed persistent, not wanting to get up from his knees. He smiled sadly at the younger. "I'm doing all that it takes to gain you back."

"Okay! Okay! I've heard you. I'll give you another chance... Please don't make me regret it. But please, I need you to get up right now. It's really making me uncomfortable." Hoseok begged.

Yoongi listened this time. He got up on his feet, assisting the younger up.

"Thank you. You don't know how happy I am right now. And I promise not to make you regret any decision you've made.

They went again into another century of silence , reminiscing in each other's thought.

"So... can I hug you?" Yoongi dared himself to ask.

"No!" Hoseok answered almost immediately.

Ouch! That was straight forward.

"Okay ... sorry." He was trying to make a conversation, but it seems like the younger wasn't interested.

"If you don't want to work with me anymore, I- I can help you find a job somewhere else, maybe in another company, if you're fine with that."

"I don't want to work in an office!" Hoseok pointed out, his tone firm. "at least not now or anytime soon, I need to clear things off my head, those papers give me headaches."

'Fuck you Min Yoongi, you caused all these.' Yoongi cursed under his breath.

"A- alright. Just let me know whatever you want. I can help you find whatever job you like."

"Alright, thank you." Hoseok said genuinely, bowing. "Can I leave now?"

"Yeah sure" Yoongi said, moving away from the door.

Hoseok bowed again, already opening the door knob when Yoongi's voice startled him.

"Wait!"

Hoseok signed heavily, releasing the door knob.

"What now?" His tone sounded tired.

"Um... sorry." Yoongi smiled sheepishly, scratching his nape. "I- I wanted to know if I should still leave your seat vacant. Maybe you would return some day." He sounded oh so nervous. This was strange. Hoseok had never witnessed Yoongi this nervous.

Hoseok gaze unconsciously moved towards the glass wall that divided his and Yoongi's office. It was blurred now so he couldn't see through it. Sometimes he wondered if Yoongi had a remote control that could make the wall transparent.

'If only he knew.'

"I- you don't have to keep it vacant for me. I don't know when or if I might return. You can give it to whoever deserves it better."

'Oh no sweetheart, you're the only one that deserve that seat.'  Yoongi wished to say.

"Alright then, The ground is always open. You can come whenever you want." Was what he said instead.

Hoseok finally took his leave, after getting stopped by Yoongi numerous times. He was relieved that he was able to leave now.

He took the bus home. Yoongi's house of course. Yoongi offered to drive him home, but he insisted that he go alone.

As he say by the window of the bus, his mind shifted to all that had happened previously. Honestly, he was surprised he could talk that way to the elder. His sister would be proud of him if she found out. He thought, smiling to himself.

He somewhat felt relieved. Like some of his burdens has been lifted off his shoulder. He didn't know how the future would be, and hoped it would be better.

His only burden now were his parents... and uncle Denis ... and ... Lea? He wasn't sure why she was a part of his burden, but knowing now that she was his cousin added to his reasons.

He just hoped things would go back to how it was, and Yoongi wouldn't have to find out anything. He feared how Yoongi might react if he found out about the truth about him.

If only he knew ...

.
.
.

Another update guys. Please don't forget to vote