Chapter 1

MADISON'S POV.

It's dark. It's always dark inside the train carts except for the smallest amount of light that slips under the door. The door is locked, like it's always been for the past eight years. The only time it's open is when they come to get us, to drag us out. These men, they have us locked in the traincart for a reason, a stupid reason. It's so they can torture us, so they can beat us, so they can .... Do stuff to us, for their own sick amusement. As I said, it's been like this for eight years.

It's quiet apart from the small sobs that are coming from my little sister, Abbie, as she holds my mothers hand until she wakes up. She blacked out about twenty minutes ago, from the pain I assume. I can't help but feel sorry for Abbie, she was only a few months old when we were taken here. She's nine now and she practically lived her whole life in utter fear. I love her so much, she's the reason I'm still here and anything happened to her .... I can't even think about that. Nothing will happen to her she will live. I'm sure of that, I'll make sure of that.

"Madison...Why hasn't she woken up ? It's been too long." she crys quietly
We all know that if the men hear her they will come in, just to make her life ten times worse. Although I can't see how it could get any worse.

I look over to my older brother, Nick, he just shrugs. He has no more idea than I do about whats going on.
" I don't know Abbie. She'll wake up soon, but for now, come here" I tell her as she wraps her arms around me and crys quietly into my arm. I lift her to my right side so she's not as close to the door, which could open up at any minute, but if I was closer maybe they'd take me instead of her.

I sometimes hear this strange moaning sound from outside but as usual it's suddenly cut off with a loud thud as if a body had hit the ground. I hear the sound again and it too being cut off. I quietly crawl over to the right side of the traincart where there's a hole just small enough for one eye to look through and thats when I see a rotting body on the ground with a knife in it's head. I freeze, not knowing what to do until a hand comes down and takes the knife out of the dead bodys head. I gasp, knowing that the men are right outside our cart and crawl quickly back to Abbie.

Then, theres suddenly a massive BOOM as someone hits the cart door and Abbie lets out a terrified, high-pitched scream, so loud that the other side of the world could've heard it.

Great now she's done it.

The door loudly slides open and two men walk inside. One man is standing at the door with a gun in his hand incase we try anything "funny" the other saunters in and looks at us all and without hesitation grabs me by the arm and hauls me out.