Chapter 66

CARL'S POV.
I climb down from the roof first and then I turn to help Madison. She winces with every movement she makes. She looks like she will throw up any minute now. On the last step I lift her by her waist and put her on the ground so the slight drop wouldn't hurt her. She slings her arrows on her back and loads her bow with one without effort.
I take my knife out and begin to take down the walkers. I hear arrows whizzing around and the others have joined us. I hear Michonne with her katana, Daryl with his cross bow and the rest of us with our knives. The walkers come at us quickly. The darkness makes it hard to see. I see two walkers come either side of me and I know I can't get both. I kill the first on my right side and turn to my left but the walker has already grabbed me. Before I can even lift my knife an arrow goes through its head and the walker falls to the ground. I look up to see Madison had shot it.
How many times has this girl saved my life?
She continues on shooting and I pick up her arrow and use it as a knife, driving it into walkers heads. Most of them are gone now I look around for more only to see little Abbie wrestling with a walker thats practically on top of her. It bends down to her, its teeth showing. Abbie fumbles for her knife that she dropped but the walker grabs her hand and brings it to its mouth.

Suddenly Madison rips the walker off of Abbie and flings it on the ground. Abbie rubs her arm. She's not bitten or scratched she was just hurt. Madison takes out her mothers knife and ends the walkers already dead life.
Dad and Glen rush over to her and pick her off the ground.
I run up to her. "You okay?" I ask.
She nods a little but she sways too much. She looks..... Not herself.
"Oh..." She whispers loud enough for us all to hear. She collapses to the ground and her whole body starts to shake, blood escapes her mouth.
"WHATS HAPPENING!" Abbie shouts.
"A seisure, I think." Maggie cries.
Dad picks her up off the ground carrying her trembling body.
"Do something." I shout to Maggie.
I see my dad holding back tears. I know he loves Madison like family.
"Please.... Help us!" He pleads to Maggie, or anyone.
"I can't theres noting I can do." She cries hysterically.
Madisons eyes roll back into her head and she trembles harder.
"SHE'S DYING!" Abbie screams.
Michonne picks Abbie up and sits her on her waist like a baby would. Abbie cries into her shoulder as Michonne just cries.
Even Judith starts to wail in Thyrese's arms.
"THE HOSPITAL!" I yell.
"Theres noting there Carl." Glen speaks.
"Well, if anybody else has a better idea i'm all ears." I spit.
Everybody looks around and then runs to the ambulance. Daryl throws open the doors and places Madison on the gurney. Abraham and Rosita hop in the front and drive quickly down the road.
Madisons seisure has finally stoped and her unconscious body just lies on the gurney. I bring my ear to her chest. I hear a faint heartbeat.
"Stay with me baby." I whisper in her ear. I lift her slightly to take her arrows off her back. I'm too scared and shocked to cry right now and I think Abbie is the same. She just holds her sisters hand and mumbles something to herself.
We arrive at the 'hospital' and instead of hopping the fence Abraham drives straight through it, wasting no time.
Gabriel opens the doors and we push the gurney to the front door. Gabriel is trying to keep Judith quiet and the rest of us are ready to fire down the door.
Before we have time to shoot one bullet the hospital doors are flung open. Men and woman dressed in a blue uniform grab the gurney and push it inside. We follow them and Madison. The people in uniform which I presume are doctors start screaming for someone.
"DAWN!" They kept shouting. They ran over to a reception desk and hit a few buttons. In no time at all, lights flooded the whole reception.
Madison wasn't playin around when she said there was electricity.
Madison is pushed through a set of swinging doors and we are about to follow when we are blocked by a group of people with heavy machinery.
"LOCK THE DOORS!" The woman in front commands.
"Weapons on the ground.... NOW!" She orders.
We hesitate but we have no other choice, they've already taken Madison. We put our weapons down.
"My name is Dawn. I'm in charge here. That girl you brought in is on the verge of death. It would be a miracle to save her." A woman with brown hair and chrystal blue eyes tells us. She's dressed in a cops uniform.
"Do you know whats wrong with her?" Maggie asks.
"Mostly, yes. She's under observation."
"So whats wrong with her?" Daryl pushes for more information.
"That information is clasified at the moment." She states.
"Classified? She's our family." Michonne shouts outraged.
"Well, we will discuss it later. Are you staying?" She asks raising her weapons.
"What?" Dad asks.
"Are. You. Staying?" She spits iritated.
"You have one of our people, of course we're staying."
"Come with me." She orders walking down a hall opposite to the direction Madison is in. Gabriel passes Judith to me and she plays with the collar of my shirt.
"But Madis-" i start.
"You will see the girl again. Dead or alive im not sure." She rushes. She leads us down a lit hallway and into an office.
"This is my office. We're to discuss you staying. We are very strict on rules."
"Rules?" Abraham questions.
"Yes rules, you know those things we follow in order to stay alive. Those rules." Dawn rolls her eyes.
"What happens if they're broken." I ask harshly.
Dawn walks close to me staightening my hat and fixing Judiths dress in a calmly fashion that its threatening.
"You don't want to break the rules son. If they are broken you and those who have also broken them will suffer a terrible punishment." She states, sitting down behind her desk.
"What punishments?" Dad asks.
"Follow the rules and you won't have to find out." She amends.
A walkie talkie buzzes and she presses a small button on it. She presses a finger to her ear concentrating on whoever is talking through her earpiece.
"We have news about the girl." She says.