Chapter 118

Madisons pov.

"Sit!" Deanna orders, pointing to the chair in her sitting room.
"Hand them over. I dont trust you. Maybe I wouldn't mind if it was just me here but my sons are here." She says looking at my bow and arrows. I sit in the chair and watch her as she sets up the camera again.

"Don't you think if I wanted you dead I would have killed you already. Or your kids." I say.
"Well, they're not kids anymore."
"Who is a kid anymore?" I ask
"That's not what I meant. They're older now, in they're twenties." She explains.
"Guess they're the lucky ones." I say sarcastically.

I think of the pain, torture, blood and tears that Abbie, Nick, Ben, Luke, Beth, Carl and I have gone through, even Judith and we haven't even completed our childhood She sighs loudly.
"Stop trying to distract me, hand them over." She scolds.

I sigh as I pass them over to her and she puts them on a coffee table behind the couch that holds multiple pictures of her family and friends. She messes with the camera some more before a green blinking light flashes in my direction. She sits down opposite to me.

"Madison Smith, I'm sure Rick has given you your warning?" She asks.
"Yes." I answer bluntly.
"Then tell me why did you disturb the peace in the community?"
"I......I'm still adjusting." I use the excuse. Its not a lie, but its not exactly the truth either.

"Rick told me that you've been handling things badly after the death of you sister." She speeks softly.
I hear my own sharp intake of breath.
"Rick has no right to talk about that." I say between gritted teeth.
I haven't talked about her death in a long time and I planned to keep it that way because the pain pinches my heart harshly. Instead, I stay silent. She pinches the bridge of her nose and sighs.

"Mrs. Smith, I don't want to excile you but if we can't co-operate together then I'm afraid we must. Do you want that?"
"No...but you do. You want me to go, right? Can't say I blame you. I've caused a mess already ...but you can't send me away because if you do then you'll lose Rick and the rest of the group will follow, and you need Rick here. Thats the reason you haven't." I snap.

I stand up from my seat and march from the room, grabbing my bow and arrows along the way. I pace towards the door, but her yelling stops me.
"I have no problem kicking you out, even if the rest follow you. Those people are your family, I get that, but these people are mine, so I'll do what it takes to keep them safe and so help me god if you put one foot outside that door you can consider yourself exciled." She yells.
My hand pauses at the door handle.

Carl's pov.

After walking away from Mads and looking back at her my head spins with multiple synarios. Once she's out of view I sprint back to the house and burst through the door Daryl, Carol, Judith and dad are the only ones in the house.
"Carl? Whats wrong?" Dad asks.
"W-where is everyone?." I pant after running. He looks worried and he passes Judith over to Carol and stands up to stand next to me.
"They went to check out the community. Carl, where's Mads?" He asks looking towards the door.
"I need to talk to you alone." I say leading him into the room that Mads slept in last night.

"Carl, stop messing around. Wheres Madison? Is she okay?"
"Dad, what the hell is going on? She was just... we were talking... then next thing I know she's going psycho so Deanna came out and now.... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT DON'T I KNOW!" I shout confused.

I drop my hat onto the bed and then pull at my hair.
"Carl, you're not making any sense. Where is Madison? Is she hurt?" He stops me.
"No. She's not hurt, but so much has happened and I just realised I don't know the half of it." I say sitting on the bed. Dad relaxes and sits next to me. He rubs his temples slowly.