Chapter 117

Madisons pov.
"I'm Ron." He says.
I stay silent but keep my bow aimed to his chest. I recognised him the minute I saw him. He was the guy who was starring at me when I walked through those gates the first time. My hair was crazy and I was covered in blood and so, naturally he looked at me like I had ten heads.

Our heads snap towards the sound of a bang that comes from the roof. There must be a second floor to this house. Ron rushes towards me and pushes the bow away from him. I release the string but the arrow only crashes to the ground. He has me backed up against the cabinet and puts his finger to my lips.
"Get off me. What the f-"
"Shut up! You have to be quiet. If my dad hears you, your dead." He explains. I take his word and remain silent but I slap his hand away from my face.
"Why did you come here? This is breaking and entering. You could be exciled." He says sternly.
I catch him looking towards the window so he knows how I got in here he just doesnt know why.
"I need medicine. I had pancreatitis a while back and I think the sympthoms are coming back." I say to him.
We suddenly hear a creek in the floorboards above us and then footsteps.
"Quick you have to leave. If my dad see's you he'll flip out. Quick go!" He whispers harshly, ushering me to the window. I throw my bow and arrows out first and then climb out retrieving them after. I look back in the window and Ron appears again, handing me a small white tub.
"This is what you need. Read the tub carefully it will tell you when to take them. Now Go quickly!" He whispers and then he disappears. I put the tub in my seath of arrows and I walk away from the windows.
"Got what you need?" Rick asks when I reach him.
"Yeah. Lets go back to the others." I suggest quickly and he nods.
******************************

When we get back everyone is still in the sitting room and now Maggie is awake. I grab Ricks hand gently and give a small squeeze to thank him before letting go quickly. I walk towards Maggie and Glenn and realise there having one of those weird, cringy, couple talks. I shudder and slowly back away. I back up so far I bump into someone.
"Oh sorry I was-" I cut myself off when I saw it was Luke. I look away and don't spend anytime pretending to care so I just walk away from him and dodge him when he tries to grab my arm to pull me back and talk to him.

Not happening. Not after our last 'talk.'
I look for Beth because i'm a crazy, emotional, freak in need of support and I need her help but when I look at her she's so happy playing with Judith that I can't make myself interrupt. It feels like im a trouble to everyone.

I feel someone tip my shouder and I turn to find Carl rocking back and forth on his heels.
"So Aaron said 'explore' and i'm already going crazy in here."
"You and me both. Yeah, lets get out of here." I say desperately.

We leave the house and walk along the small street that has people jogging or walking their dogs or even children younger than me play catch.
"Are you freaked out by this to?" I ask.
"Well given the fact that I havn't seen another living person for a long time or just casually walking their dog, which by the way I didn't even think existed anymore, then yeah... it freaks me out." He chuckles.
"Yeah me too. Judiths getting big now, she needs to stop growing." I say.
A smile plays on his lips and I can see how proud he is of her.
"Yeah I know. I can't believe it either."
"You have the same eyes." I say looking at his ocean blue ones.
"We have our moms eyes. Thats what people always told me." He explains.
I just nod, not wanting to bring up any sensitive subjects right now.
"Are you okay Mads?" He whispers.
I look at him to make sure he really said those words, it was so quiet and sure enough he was looking back at me, waiting for an answer.
"How did you know?" I croak.
"I know you. I know somethings wrong and if its still bothering you then you havn't told anyone. You can tell me. I wont tell anyone. I promise." He murmurs. I just continue to look at him debating if I should or not tell him.
"Im afraid if I tell you, you'll get mad." I admit. He raises an eyebrow.
"Is it about me?"
"No."
"Then why would I be mad? Just tell me." He whispers softly.
"Luke and I had a fight. Like a big fight and I don't think we can come back from it." I sigh.
"You and Luke? No, theres no way. You guys have been best friends since.... well practicaly since the womb." He objects. I chuckle at his choice of words.
"Yeah we've had our fair share of arguments over the years, but this time it was different. I just can't see it ever going back to the way it was." I say blinking back tears. I dont want sympathy especialy not from Carl.

"Must of been a big fight.... you cried yourself to sleep, didn't you?" He mumbles. My eyes widen at his responce. "Your face was pale and your eyes were red and puffy this morning when you woke up." He explains. I let a long breath out.
"It was that obvious?" I ask.
"Only if you spend as long as I do starring at how perfect you are."
It takes me a few seconds to believe that he actually said those words and I turn my head away so he wont see the small smile on my lips.
"I don't understand why I would be mad at that or at you." He adds.
I try to say this in a way that everything won't blow up or that I won't admit my feelings for Carl.
"Well everyones seen that I havn't been myself lately. I've just been trying to deal with a lot of stuff. Losing Abbie .... I just don't really know how to come back from that. And then me and you...."
"What about us ?" he presses eagerly.
"When I finished things with you... everything hurt more. I've been trying to take Beth's advice and start to focus on myself but I never did. Not ever. I always had someone to look out for. My mom, brothers, Abbie, you.... but now thats all gone and im lost and Luke used that against me." I say in a hushed voice so that I know it wont crack and betray me.
"How?" Carl says through clenched teeth. I look at him and his jaw is tensed and his hands are in tight fists.
"He kissed me... and I think he was planning on going further with it."
He stops dead on his feet and I stop to looking back at him. He stares daggers at me. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut, but i'm Madison and I don't know what that means.
"What makes you say that." He spits.
"We were on a bed." I croak.
"A bed? WHAT THE FUCK MADS?"
"Shut up Carl! People are starring. I can't get in anymore trouble here." I say. His eyebrows furrow but he's still fuming. I look around at the people on the street starring at us.
"I COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHO'S STARRING MADS!! and what the hell is that supposed to mean?" He shouts.
"Please just sush Carl, your gonna get me in trouble. If you calm down I can explain everything." I plead.
"Stop saying that! What does it even mean? You just got here you couldn't have gotten into any trouble." He says calmer now.
"Come on. This isn't the place." I say ushering him away from listening ears. I look at a group of girls across the street that point and laugh at me but I just flip them off. I have my hands on Carls shoulders guiding him away but it wasn't long until I hear my name being called out.
"Madison Smith!" I already know who's voice that is. I turn slowly and so does Carl. I look up to see Deanna with her arms crossed along her chest, standing a distance away. The people on this street are getting a good show today. I look to Carl and then back to her.
"I'll need you to come with me." She calls. I sigh in defeat.
"Oh shit." I mumble.
"Whats going on?" Carl whispers to me. I turn to face him quickly.
"I have to go but you can't touch Luke. You wont. Got it? Tell your dad what happened. He doesn't know about the fight with Luke, but you need to tell him when you get home and then he  can answer some of your questions.... he's gonna fucking kill me." I sigh at the end. Carl looks so confused but I just grab his shoulders and spin him around. "Go. Now." I whisper and give him a slight push on his back to get him to start walking. When he does he looks back at me a few times but I just walk up to Deanna's side, ignoring the group of girls in the short skirts and holding ipods, who are still laughing at me.
"You really have a way of finding trouble. You know that." She remarks when I reach her
"Trust me Deanna, you got it all wrong. I don't try to find trouble, trouble finds me."