Chapter 81

MADISONS POV.
I carry all the bags on my back and ram my shoulder three times into the door before falling into the small hall that leads to Dawns office. I limp into her office and fuck the bags on the ground. She takes in my bloody state and picks up her walkie talkie. "Shes back." She says. I throw my bow on the ground and pull out my knife ramming dawn into the wall. I hold the knife to her throat. Everyone busts into the office.
"Back off!" I shout over my shoulder and everyone stops.
"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" I yell
"What? Where is Paul and Steve."
"Dont act like you don't know bitch"
Rick pulls me back, he pulls me completely off the ground and puts me down in front of Daryl.
"What the hell was that Madison?" He yells and I only get angrier.
"What happened to your head... And your arms." Carl asks noting the glass.
"Ask her!" I yell.
"I don't know what your talking about,
WHERE ARE PAUL AND STEVE?" She screams.
"THEY'RE DEAD DAWN. Some guys came in and attacked us. Killed both of them. I had to drive the freaking ambulance home so I wouldn't get a fucking bullet in my head." I yell.
Everyone freaks out and while they're distracted and yelling I slip past Daryl and Rick and bodyslam Dawn into the wall putting the knife back to her throat. She pulls her gun out and points it to my head. Everyone starts screaming at her to stop.
"YOU DID THIS. YOU PUT THOSE MEN UP TO KILL ME!" I scream.
"No I didn't. Paul and Steve were my friends." She tells me.
"You mean your inner circle?" I whisper in her ear so only she can hear.
"I know shit about you and your secrets that nobody else knows because your men are dead. So I suggest you lower you gun before I blab." I whisper.
She lowers her gun and everyone relaxes. I put my knife away and shove her one last time.
I pluck a piece of glass from my arm and wince.
"I'm gonna get my head stitched up and this shit outa my arm and when I come back me and you are gonna talk. Alone" I demand
I walk to the door and turn to close it leaving everyone arguing inside.
"Ps I crashed the ambulance."

"Is it done." I ask Alex as I look in the mirror at my stitch on my head.
"Yup." She sighs.
"Look Madison, your a really good kid. I've grown fond of you. Your my friend. And I can't lose anymore people so will you do me a favour and not get yourself killed." She whispers. I had never seen this side of her. She was usually a humorous and bubbily person.
I nod my head.
"You watch your back kid. Dawn may like you but don't think for a second she wouldn't kill you. She's ruthless."
"Thanks Alex but i'm not scared. If anyone should be scared it'll be her if she hurts any of my family.... I'm ruthless too." I smirk and leave the room.

I open the door and slam it shut. I sit in the chair opposite her desk.
"Your family are worried about you. Don't you want to see them before we talk?" She asks.
"Nope." I say popping on the 'P'
"Ok then, wjat do you want? How do you know about the inner circle?" She asks and I smirk.
"I get what I want when I put my mind to it. It wasn't too hard getting it out of your boys. Just let'em ramble."
"Why are you here Madison?" She sighs
"I want in." I demand.
"Not sure what your talking about."
"Sure you do. Both your men from your inner circle were killed. You got new space available. I'm here to take those places." I say.
"Nope. Nah uh. Not happening."
"Why not?"
"Because you don't even know what it is. All you know is I have an inner circle. Look your a fighter. I get it and I know your brave enough but your a kid, your not strong enough." She states.
"Out of two 40 year old men to go out and protect me today I was the only one to make it back. They didn't do shit to protect me. I killed two guys back there so I could get back and I drove and crashed a freaking ambulance and let me tell you, Its not the first time i've killed." I tell her and shock crosses her face. She's considering it.
"I'm sorry. It's not worth the risk. You don't know what the inner circle is for." She smirks and stands, about to leave.
"What about those pretty jail cells downstairs." I ask already knowing I got this. She instantly sits back down.
"That floor is guarded twenty-four seven so that nobody gets in. How do you know about that." She asks.
"Like I said, I get what I want when I put my mind to it." I smirk.
"Yeah, there are cells downstairs." She admits.
"What are they for?"
"I told you people get punished." She remarks coldly.
"But i've never seen anybody come or go in or out of that place." I say.
"Its done in secret. Nobody comes out. The people who go in never come out. Well apart from if they're dead." She explains and my face screws up.
"God your sick. You keep people in there until death because they broke one of you stupid fuckin rules." I yell.
I think to my history. I spent my life locked up because of a mistake my mom made. I know what these people are going through. I don't approve.
"These people are killers, rapists, people who broke the rules and have to pay the price that they made on innocent people."
"Could've made that clearer before." I say "i want to help" i say.
"You just got a new job a month ago Madison. Your pushing it."
"You already know your giving me the job otherwise you wouldn't have told me all that stuff. I won't tell anybody. I just need this. I feel more in my element fighting people." I say.
"Fine you start tomorrow. You start as a guard to the prisoners. If they yell or ask for food you beat them. Got it?"
I nod knowing I wouldn't do it unless they are looking for it.
"You start tomorrow. I'll create a cover story so your family dont get suspicious and ask questions."
I nod and gather my things I leave and I make my way to my room to talk to Carl.