Chapter 95

Madisons pov.
"I remember you guys. You were looking for me, weren't you." I say.
I brush the dirt off my clothes.
"You think you can kill our men and then get away with it? Not a chance cupcake." The familar man spits.
I remember when I went on a run with Paul and Steve. We were attacked randomly by these men and both Paul and Steve were killed.
"I was hoping I wouldn't come across you again, but this world seems to be getting smaller isn't it." I say dryly.
"Your damn right it is. You killed two of our people and if you don't hand yourself over we will kill two of yours." The man threatens.
I laugh at him to rub it in that we have the upper hand.
"Two guys against all of us? You must be in a suicide mission." I smirk.
"What makes you think we're alone? We could have men pointing guns at each of your heads just waiting for y'all to make a wrong move." The other man says that makes us uneasy and squirming to know if our lives are at steak. I look above me at the shop roofs and quickly scan them looking for anyone. Carl steps infront of me, sheilding me.
"Aww how cute, you got a little boy toy to protect you." The man snickers.
I step forward ready to punch him but Lukes stong arms wrap around me like an iron cage stopping me from taking another step.
"Say that again and i'll knock your teeth into the back of your throat." I threaten. I relax slightly and Luke lets go of me but stands beside me.
"What are your names?" Rick asks.
"Matt." The annoying one says.
The man that Glenn and Michonne has speeks up also.
"The name is Eathon." He sneers.
"What do you want with Madison?" Michonne asks.
"I already said she killed two of our people." Matt explains.
"You killed two of ours." I point out.
"Hold on, when was this?" Glenn asks.
"Back when I went on the run with Paul and Steve." I tell him.
"We only want to avenge our friends." Eathon explains. Daryl shakes his head.
"Not a chance." He says in sync with Beth.
"Thats too bad." Matt mumbles before headbutting Daryl and lunging at me but I quickly side-stepped away while loading my bow. I aim at his face.
"Not another move!" I scream. He freezes and Daryl kicks him in the side knocking him over and pointing a gun to his head. It's only now when he's right infront of me that I notice how clean his clothes are. He barely has any scars or dirt on him. His black beard is well trimed and his hair is kept tidy. His friend is the same. I doubt they are worried about their hair and beards in a walker infested world unless they had somewhere safe, somewhere they didn't have to worry about walkers, somewhere that was shielded from danger. Somewhere that I want.
"Your not from outside. Let me guess, went on a run? Because your too clean to live out here..... Where are you from?" I ask strictly. I get no reply. "Rick, they're too dangerous to leave here. They know where we're from they'll find us and attack. But they've got the answers to our questions and if they really do have a safe camp it means they have food, clothes, weapons, ammo and maybe more." Michonne says. Rick nods his head and grabs the ropes from the back of the truck. He quickly approches Matt and knocks him out with a violent kick to the head, Eathon panics when he sees he's Ricks next victim and Rick knocks him out to. He ties them up, ductapes their mouths and blindfolds them before we load them into the back of the truck. We load our bags in also and hop in, driving away from the town and back to the hospital.
*******************************
It feels like hours have passed and we're still on the road home. I'm getting bored and impatient again and i've already cleaned my arrows twice. The bordom of doing nothing is eatting away at me.
My stomach growls and thats when I realise I havn't eaten all day. Beth who is sitting beside me hands me something. An apple. I can't help but laugh a little.
"The tables really have turned. I was the one sneeking them to you." I say.
"Just here to return the favour. I got your back." She tells me.
I smile. Then I have an idea.
"Hey you wanna see something but you can't tell Abbie." I say she holds her baby finger out for me to pinky promise. I do. I pull out Abbies necklace from my bag and show her.
"Oh my god! It's so pretty. She'll be so excited. I was talking to her. She's a funny kid. She's got a good sence of humour." She laughs.
"I have no idea where she got it from." I say laughing aswel.
I move the jewel in the charm back and forth watching it twinkle. I put it back in the bag and Beth goes and talks to her brother-in-law. Luke squats beside me and smiles. I raise my eyebow.
"You know that your temper hasn't changed since you were little. You used to get mad at the simplest things. You still do. But you need to control your temper Mads or it'll get you killed." He says. "Yeah I guess." I whisper. Carl sits the otherside of me now and he hold my hand. I look through the front of the truck and the windshield showed me how dark it was outside. I felt drained. I yawned and layed my head on Carls shoulder. Hopefully sleep will pass the time.
*******************************
"Hey Mads." Carl whispers shaking me slightly. I groan and try to open my eyes but i'm too tired. I feel a hand brush a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Come on Mads, we're here." He says again. It feels like so much effort to just open my mouth and talk.
"I don't wanna get up, i'm tired." I moan. I know I have to get up but i'm playing it out. I hear Carl chuckle and them all of a sudden i'm not on the ground anymore. I'm being carried by Carl. His arms secure my back and under my knees as my head rests on his chest. I smile as he carried me inside. My bow is cradled by me on my stomach. I know its late and after cerfew hour because when we go inside its silent. After some time i'm layed down on a bed. "Thank you." I whisper and I get a kiss in responce. Although I am uncomfortable with my shoes on and my arrows on my back. As if he read my mind he sits on the bed and lifts my legs so my feet lay on his lap. His fingers untie my shoes and slowly take them off. He lifts me to take my arrows off my back. Just as I think he's finished I feel my top lift above my head and another one replace it, only longer. I remember once when I told him I liked sleeping in long shirts and this is definately his shirt, I can smell the familar scent. My jeans are slipped off and the blanckets are layed over me. I hear him walk away and I frown.
"Carl?"
"Yeah?"
"Please stay."
"Where else would I sleep, i'm in my room." He teases.
The blanckets are pulled back and he lies beside me, pulling me close.
"I love you."
"I love you too Mads.
My hair is brushed out of my face.
"Mads?"
"Yeah?"
"I'll always stay with you."
I smile and kiss his bare chest before drifting to sleep again.