Chapter 62

Madison's pov.
I can hear things before I see them. My eyes are still shut, letting the darkness consume me. The ringing in my ears slowly becomes an actual sound. I can hear somebody moving around and chating "com'on Mads! Wake up! Come on!"
Am I asleep? I don't think I am.
It sounds like Daryls voice.
Daryl!
Thats when memories come back to me. The blood, coughing, Daryl being there but not being able to do anything and then I fell. Thats all I can remember. I feel my breaths accelerate and suddenly I shoot up into a sitting position, gasping for air. My eyes wide open and alert, but everything is fuzzy and doesn't make sence. I feel a hand in my back helping me.
"Woah! Easy there. You just fainted, better take your time or you'll go out again." A rough voice tells me
"Daryl?" I ask confused.
"Right here." He answers waving his hand to me. I look over at him. At first I see two fuzzy Daryls until slowly I see one and then he's not so fuzzy anymore.
"Here, I got you some water." A cup is handed to me.
I gulp it down. I didn't realise how thirsty I was until now.
"I'm fine." I say before he asks
"Good. So do you wanna tell me what the hell just happened?" He asks angrily. I frown.
"I think it's pretty obvious what just happened, I mean didn't you see or did you fall asleep?" I say.
"Oh I saw alright. You gave me a heart attack. You fell to the floor and started vomiting blood. Care to explain?"
I chuckle once "rough day."
"No, I want a serious answer for a serious situation." He demands.
"It's been happening for a few weeks now. Since the whole bullet to the side of the head incident. It wasn't that bad until a few days ago, and now it's even worse as you have just seen." I say while using a cloth to wipe away blood on my mouth.
"Why didn't you tell anyone?" He asks.
"It wouldn't have mattered. We don't have the kind of medication to help me.... To save me. I used to think it was a cold, but it's obvious now that i've come down with something serious."
He nods thinking about this.
"What are your symptoms?" He asks.
"Pounding head, fainting, vomiting blood and...." I hault.
"And what?" He pushes.
"I don't know how to explain it. It's my stomach. It kills me. It feels like its being ripped to shreds. I've been tortured all my life, I know how bad pain can get. But this, this is different. It's nearly unbearable. I've wanted nothing more than to curl up into a ball and wait for the pain to go away, but it never does. So I just have to pretend i'm okay and keep walking with the group." I admit.
"We'll get you help." He amends.
"Daryl, theres nothing anyone can do and you know it. We don't have that kind of medication. You have to promise me you won't tell anyone."
"No. I'm not promising shit." He exclaims.
"Please Daryl. Theres no point in scaring people over something we can't control. It's just the way things are. You can't tell anyone. Promise me that this stays between me and you only." I press
He sighs "yeah, fine, whatever." He mumbles.
I sigh in relief. "How long was I out?"
"Not that long about five minutes."
I nod and look around for my bow and arrows I must have dropped them.
I get up slowly and my head spins causing me to stumble but Daryl catches me. He hands me what I was looking for and sits me back down on the bed.
Bed?
I look around to see that he must have carried me into a room in the hotel. I'm sitting on a queen sized bed with bedside lockers each side and a huge drawer infront of me that holds a flat screen T.V. The room is painted a greeny-blue colour and has a black border for effect. I stand up again and walk out into the hall and sling my bag of arrows on my back.
"So how are we getting out of here it's barracaded with millions of walkers?" I ask.
"I have only one idea but your not gonna like it." He admits
"Try me." I challenge.
He walks out into the hall and grabs two dead walkers and drags them into the room. He takes out a machete and starts to gut open the walker.
"Daryl! WHAT THE HELL!" I shout. What is he doing? He's officially gone crazy.
"Told you that you wouldn't like it. Go grab the bed sheets from the room next door." He orders and I do as i'm told and come back with the bed sheets.
The blood from the walker has stained the cream carpet.
Its a shame, it was such a pretty room
"Ok! You ready?" Daryl says while brushing his hands off his trousers. I hesitantly nod, not knowing what i'm getting myself into.
He grabs one sheet from me and wraps it around me tying it in place he then puts on plastic gloves that he must have found in the bathroom or closets. He starts to put the walkers guts on me and I gasp.
"What the fuck are you doing?" I gag.
"Stay still, trust me!" Is all he says.
He continues to rub guts on the sheet and letting me rub it onto the places where he decided I should do it myself.
Im covered in guts from head to toe.
"Now my turn. Lets be quick. We don't have all day." He states.
I rub in the guts from the walker all over the sheet that Daryl is wearing and soon he is fully covered in it and the smell is making us both gag.
"What now?" I ask.
"Now we leave. Go out the back door. That door isn't barracaded but the block is overrun" he explains.
"Go outside? With the walkers? Do you want to get killed?" I ask angrily.
"They recognise humans by their smell and if we smell like the dead then we don't have a problem. Just don't draw attention." He tells me. The puzzle pieces finally fit together.
The walkers won't recognise us. They won't know we're human.
"Perfect! Lets go then!" I say excitedly already feeling the adrenaline pulsing through my veins.