Chapter 110

Carls pov.
I wake up to the sound of the barn door opening and I instinctively pull my gun out. When I look around I realise everyone else does too. Madison walks in first blocking the view of someone as Maggie walks behind.
"Guys this is Aaron. He has something to tell us." Maggie tells us, as the man steps out from behind madison, but instead of a warming welcome my dad rips off his backpack, tossing it to me and then he shoves him to the ground onto his knees. He lifts his knee to harshly connect with Aarons head. Aarons body quickly falls to the ground, unconscious.
"What the hell Rick! He didnt even say a word and you decide that its nap time. He could save us Rick!" Madison argues.
"He could kill us!" my dad spits back just as harshly as she did.
"You don't know that," she whispers.
Dad just ends up ignoring her and nodding to me to look through his backpack. I find a flaregun, but no other weapons. That worries me because if he only has a flare it means he has friends close by who have better machinery than he does.
I continue to rummage through his bag only to come across small amounts of food and water. I hear him waking up and groaning while I open the front pouch to his bag.
"Well, thats some strenght you got there. You must know that I mean you no harm" I hear him say and my dad is quick to respond.
"Do you expect us to believe that?"
"Well I would, because if I really wanted you dead dont you think I would have killed Madison and Maggie while I had them alone." I stiffen at his words and I stop what Im  doing to glare at him while I feel my blood boil at the thought of him even thinking of hurting Mads or Maggie or any of my family. But Aaron doesnt stop there. He continues.
"Dont you think I could have shot the doors down last night and let the herd devour you. No. Im a friend. I've been watching you. Analysing you. I know enough about you all seperately. Like you Rick, you were like a milaitary man or a cop, something like that, my bet is a cop considering your son wears a sherriff hat on his head. Carl? isnt it. And lets not forget little Judith." He rambles.
I tence at his words and look at Judith who is still asleep on the small pile of hay.
I look to my dad who has grabbed Aaron by his throat.
"How do you know who we are and so much about us." he spits.
"I told you, I was watching you. For nearly a week now. I know you sepreately but together your strong and a family. You guys are the kind of people that Alexandria needs."
Alexandria?
I keep listening as I resume looking through his bag until I come across some photos.
"Whos Alexandria?" Sasha asks.
"Not a who, its my town. I've lived there since this all started. We've got plenty of food and water. We have children, pets, electricity, homes.... but most importantly walls. We've got walls so big that nothing and nobody can get in or out without our say so." He explains
"Your making this hard to picture and believe." Michonne questions and thats when I speek up and raise the photos up.
"I guess you were gonna use these to convince us."
Everyone turns to me and I walk forward to dad to show him. I stand next to Maggie and for a brief second I make eye contact with Mads but I quickly shoot my glance elsewhere. She looked so tired, she looks like she hasnt slept in ages. Her eyes are too dull and shes still covered in blood and dirt, more than the rest of us. Her eyes hasn't had the same light in them as they used to. Its left since the moment she pulled that walker off Abbie. I know that her little sister is all that is on her mind now, so much now that shes seeing her. I sneek a look at Madison whos face is as pale as snow as she avoids looking in the back corner of the barn. I know she sees her. I clear my throat gaining no attention from anyone apart from the one that I intended to recieve attention from. Madisons chocolate eyes bour into mine and I silently shake my head to reassure her that nobody is there. I see her shoulders slump slightly as she relaxs. She must have caught onto what I was saying.
By the time I've turned back to the conversation with Aaron everyone has already decided to drive to Alexandria tonight with Aaron.
*****************************
Madisons pov.
I duck into the car along with Michonne, Aaron and Rick and Glenn who sits in the front. I sit in the back with Michonne, Aaron wedged in the middle of us. The others are in another car behind us and we use a walkie talkie to keep in contact.
"I've told you a million times already. We cant use this road. We havnt cleared it." Aaron argues with Rick as he drives forward.
"If we go your way, we fall into your trap so we'll take our chances." He fires back. I place my bow between my legs and I place my arrows on my lap. I look straight down at my feet and nowhere else in fear that i'll see her again. Last time Carl was there to keep me sane, otherwise I would have started screaming again. We havn't talked since we ended things. I dont want it to be like this but im so afraid to care for anyone else and having them taken from me but also I cant concentrate on any other emotions other than loss, fear, grief but worst of all I feel lost.
I feel someones hand on my shoulder and I look up to see its Aaron. I shrug it off but he still speaks
"Are you okay?"
"Im fine." I grumble.
"OH SHIT!" I hear Rick and Glenn shout to the front. I peer out the windscreen to see a huge herd of walkers charging towards our car. If we stop now we are stuck and they'll eventually break through the glass and get us. We have no choice but to ram through them at a faster speed. I hold onto the door and the back of Aarons seat to stay in position as the belts are broken. I hear the bodies hitting the car and I feel the sickening crunching of the bodies beneath us. We keep going forward even when blood covers every window and we cant see. The car eventually gets stuck and cant move any further. Glenn rolls down his window and tells us we have a little time to try pull the limbs out of the engine or from the wheels. Michonne and I get out while Rick shoots the closer walkers and Glenn stays with Aaron so he doesnt try to bolt. I toss my arrows around my back and I fit my right arm and my head through my bow so it sits on my chest. Michonne and I pull limbs out from all areas of the car especially the bonnet. I wipe the screen to clean it of blood so we can see out again.
"Where did the others go?" Rick shouts over to us.
"I think they got away." Michonne answers.
I'm busy pulling arms and other limbs I cant indentify out of the bonnet when Rick and Glenn shout to get back in the car. Michonne gets in and I make my way to the other side to open the door, my hand rests on the handle until a bright red light shoots high into the air. Its a flare. It reminds me of Aarons one and that this could be his friends. Suddenly the door is shoved open and it hits me sending me back onto the ground as the walkers get closer. I vaguely see Aaron run into the woods and Glenn following him. Michonne hops out of the car as does Rick because the walkers are too close. Rick helps me up and we run the same direction as Aaron and Glenn but when we go in they are nowhere to be seen. Except for the walkers that come from all sides. I pull out my bow and load it with an arrow. I shoot many walkers that come too close. I follow the footsteps of Rick and Michonne as we scream for Glenn. We cant find him anywhere and my heart pounds at the thought of losing someone else but mostly at the thought of having to tell Maggie.
"GLENN!!!!" I scream.
Out of nowhere my arm is grabbed  and chopping teeth are too close to my skin. I look up to see the rotting face of a walker thats soon nowhere to be seen as Michonne uses her katana to take it clean off. As the walkers body goes down it takes the sleeve of my shirt with it. Now there is a huge rip in it. Rick grabs me by my shoulder and pushes me forward away from the walkers. We run further into the woods. Its a little clearer but I feel like we're still being followed or watched. I see someone step out from behind the tree. Small and fragile she stands with her blond hair braided. She keeps apearing, though I know shes not real.
I look to Rick and Michonne who are still near but looking away from me. Searching for Glenn.
"You shouldn't be here." I say to my sister.
"I know." she replies just as sweetly as she used to.
"Then why are you?" I question.
"Because I've missed you. And your missing me. Your lost. I see that. Rick sees it. Carl. Maggie. Beth. They all do.
But you could have avoided it all, if you kept your promise." she says plainly.
"Abbie please dont!" I plead.
"please what? please dont remind you of the promise you broke to me. That you would keep me safe? BUT YOU DIDNT!! IM DEAD AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" She screams louder.
"STOP IT. YOUR NOT REAL! NOTHING ABOUT YOU IS REAL!" I scream now gaining the attention of Rick and Michonne.
"Im dead. Thats real. Its your fault. Thats true and real. You broke Carls heart. Thats real. Your a mess and your NOTHING! Thats real." she says smooth.
This is my imagination, she wouldnt say this to me, but I cant help but note everything she said was true. I feel the tears flowing down my face now and Rick spins me around.
"She's not here Mads. Calm. Breath. Shes not here." he reassures me.
"Yes because shes dead. Because its my fault." I say dryly.
"Not true. It was nobodys fault. It just happened." he tries to reason.
I just look behind me but this time she isnt my sister shes a rotting, snapping, growling monster. I dont realise im on the ground pushing my self back until Rick picks me up. As soon as he does I grab my arrow and load it and launch it at her head. She drops to the ground and disappears. My head becomes clearer and Rick and Michonne look at me like I have 10 heads as my arrow lies on the ground feet away from us. They just saw me screaming and shooting at nothing. I take deep breaths to calm myself down and then we here shouting and Glenn runs through the trees, picking my arrow up as he goes. Aaron is quickly on his tail, shouting equally as loud.
"Go! GO! Go!" they scream as we run with them. I look behind me to see the herd again and I understand the reason for their screaming. We run until our feet hurt and we end up on a road. We see another flare sent into the air and we take that as our signal that the others are safe. We follow the direction of the flare and we find a large shed. When we arrive. Maggie runs to Glenn, Carl runs to Rick and Rosita runs to Michonne and whispers something to Aaron that sends him sprinting inside. Michonne follows after a hug from Carl. I stand there looking at everybody and its the first time i've realised I have nobody anymore. I have nobody to run to me because all my family are dead because I couldnt protect them when I promised them I would. The Abbie I saw today wasnt my Abbie, she wasnt the sweet loving Abbie that i've been holding on to for the past few days but that didnt make her words any less true.
Im nothing.
I quickly walk inside alone and sit in the far corner of the shed to cry by myself. Nobody will notice and nobody will care because I'm nothing and I have nothing left. I've lost everything, including myself.