Chapter 80

CARL'S POV.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LET HER GO?" Dad yells.
"She is literally bay shit crazy, we all know that, we all seen that. So, I let her out for some air. She's with two of my guys. She can take care of herself." Dawn argues.

"She shouldn't be going outside in the first place because she's bat s- ... She's just a kid for crying out loud!" Maggie yells.
"Look, just tell me where she is and I'll go get her myself." I say.
Dawn responds by rolling her eyes and sighing loudly. "Oh my god! There's no point! She's been gone for 45 minutes, she'll be back in 15 minutes."

Her lack of giving a single shit is threading on my last nerve and I don't know how much longer I'll contain myself.
"I don't care." The words slip lowly from my teeth.
She turns to face me slowly.
"I'm in charge here and I'm telling you that you do not have my permission to leave this hospital."

"Why did you let her go? Why can't we leave too? " Sasha spits.
"I have my reasons, but I'm under no obligation to explain them to you. Leave now! As soon as she's back, which will be very soon, I will let you know. And if she hasn't calmed down, then you can deal with her. " She explains.

"We don't know what's wrong? She won't tell us." Glenn tells her.
"I know." Abbie's small voice startles me, though she speaks calmly.
We all look at her, waiting for her answer.

She shakes her head and looks at the ground as she speaks, she almost looks guilty, like she's telling a secret that's not hers to tell.
"I wasn't sure at first, I mean, I suspected but it hasn't happened in so long. I just thought after all this time-" her shoulders slump and she brushed back the hair in her face in frustration.

"She sees people sometimes. Or at least she thinks she does. She talks to them too, I've heard her before. It was a long time ago, first with dad and then Ben. I guess now, without mom and Nick..."
There's a pause before dad speaks.
"Have you heard her speaking to them? Your mother and Nick?"

Abbie looks up again, but through her lashes as she shakes her head.
"No, but I know she sees them. She's frantic, she can't sit still and her eyes are always scanning the room. It's like she's looking for them or something."

The silence is loud and deafening and I'm almost too stunned to fully register Abbies words. Madison has been in hell and she couldn't tell me, or anyone for that matter.

"That's fucked up." Daryl finally breaks the silence.
"Hey!" Maggie scolds but Daryl jut shrugs.
"We can get her help." Dawn suggests.
"How?" I ask.
Dawn shrugs. "I don't know, we don't really have a great psychiatric ward. We could just sedate her until she calms or some form of medication?"
"What ? No!" Glen protests. "That's messed up. You can't just drug a person against their will just to make your life easier."

"Yes, I can. If she's a danger to herself or any of my people here." She retorts.  
"No. We're not sedating her. She won't want medication. We just need to keep an eye on her."

Dawn looks at us in disbelief before raising her hands up in surrender and letting them fall limp against her lap.
"Fine. Have it your way. Now, for real, get out!"
We all leave the tiny office and Dawn shuts the door after saying.
"I'll call you when she's back."

MADISON'S POV.
Pauls body lies on the ground with blood weeping from his head. Bullets whizz around the room and I don't know if it's the attackers or Steve's shitty- aimed bullets. I duck to the ground, out of view of the window where the shots were coming from.

I grab all of Paul's belongings and his shotgun and crawl over to a large closet. I use it as a shield and aim the shotgun outside using the scope to see the men's faces. I see a man with a black beard and a shotgun in his hand. He is big build and I pray to whatever god there is that I don't have to come face to face with him.
"There's four of them left." Steve yells.

"I aim and find another guy wearing a bandana. I shoot him with a head shot before realizing they're running towards us.
"They're coming! Come on!" Steve yells and we quickly gather our stuff. We run out the back door, leaving Paul behind. I run with the gun instead of my bow, which is strapped onto my back. I run and shove walkers out of my way. I use my knife to put some down when they get too close.

As we sprint down an ally-way to find our way back to the ambulance, I pat my pocket checking if the keys are there. They are. We run as fast as we can given all the supplies we are carrying in our bags.

We return to the main road where I can see the ambulance just a few feet ahead. I look behind me to see the three men behind us. A bullet whizzes past my head and I duck. I'm nearly at the ambulance when I hear Steve cry out. I look behind me to see him on the ground with a gunshot in his leg.
"Come on. Get up. You have to get up or they'll kill us both." I scream.
I toss my bags into the ambulance and see Steve get to his feet. He puts his bag into the ambulance while I aim at our attackers. I shoot one man down and aim at the other who's gun has gone off with a bang.I look over to Steve who is dead on the ground.
"NOOO! Oh shit." I scream. I give up trying to kill them because i'm they're next victim. I hop in the ambulance and take out the keys putting them in the ignition.
What the hell am I doing? I don't know how to drive.
I turn the key and press down on the first pedal my feet find. The ambulance goes flying forward. I push the pedal down and floor it. I swerve all over the road and see bullets go through the doors in the back making me scream. I push the pedal harder and adjust the mirror so I can see out behind me. The men are too far back they don't have a car to catch up to me. I keep the speed and drive my way out of the city
Thank the lord this ambulance is automatic i'd be fucked using gears.
I drive until I reach the hospital and slow down I turn the corner to park the car behind the hospital. Except I don't know how to drive a fucking car so instead of pulling the brakes the car speeds up and i'm rammed into a brick wall at the back. The front window smashes and I feel glass stick into me. Hitting my head off the steering wheel I feel a wet hot substance trickle down my forehead. I grabbed all the bags and crawl back towards the hospitals back door.
Keep goin Madison because if Dawn put you up to this your gonna fucking kill her.