Chapter 92

MADISONS POV.
"We need some people to stay up here with Beth so that nobody will get her." I say. We are still in my room.
Obviously Maggie, Glenn and Carol stayed with Beth. I walk over to Beth and pull her away from the group slightly. "Did you destroy it." I ask her.
"Yeah the tape is in multiple pieces in the bin right now." She chuckles.
"Why do I have a feeling that you enjoyed destroying it just a little too much." I laugh.
"I'd be lying if I said I didn't" she admits. We walk back and Luke puts his hand on my shoulder. I nearly fall into his arms when my head spins. Everywhere hurts after Dawns fist encountered my face.
"I think we need to get you cleaned up. Your dripping blood and it's kinda creepy." He tells me. I nod and smile to him in thanks. He supports my waist and brings me across to Carls room.
"I nicked Rosita's first aid kit, I hope she won't mind?" He asks. I sit on the bed, sudden tiredness occuring.
"I doubt it, we have free restock here." I say pressing the painful parts on my face. Luke gives me a disapproving look and grabs my hand pulling it away from my face. He puts water in a bucket and grabs a cloth. He begins wiping away the blood on my face. The cold water is refreshing. I close my eyes and just let him do what he does. I feel so tired but I know we still have hours ahead of us. It's quite for minutes.
"Madison?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you ok?" He whispers.
"I've been better." I admit.
Carl walks into the room.
"Whats going on?" He asks with a strange hint of something in his voice. I can't put my finger on it. Is he jealous?
"He's gonna stitch my face." I explain.
"Here let me do that." Carl says while taking the cloth off Luke while he sets up the equipment from the first aid kit.
Carl dabs the cloth on my face and eventually leaves it on my forehead. I can't help but sigh in relief.
"You okay?" He asks brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Mmmhhhh." I sigh half asleep.
"You should get some sleep. You took a beating today." He whispers.
"No, No way. I got us in this mess so i'm gonna get us out of it." I mumble.
He sighs "always so stubborn."
"Thats me!" I chuckle.
Luke injects me with something and in a few minutes I lose feeling in my face. It's completely numb. I should feel the pinching pain of the needle but it doesn't come. I just feel a slight tug as the needle works its magic.
Thank god for Luke!!!
Luke has a very concentrated look on his face and he clenches his jaw making it look more pronounced. He's very attractive, i'd be lying if I said he wasn't. But im Carls and Carl is mine. I love Carl so much if anything happened I don't know if I'd be able to cope. Carl looks stressed as his eyebrows knit together and I want to smooth out the crease on his worried forehead.
"Whats wrong?" I ask Carl.
"Nothing.... Its just. You look so beaten Mads. I can't remember seeing you like this since...." He falls silent.
"Since the traincarts." I finish.
"Yeah. I just wish I was there to prevent you from getting hurt." He sighs.
"Hurt? Carl you saved me from being killed. She had a gun to my head. You saved me." I tell him.
Luke shifts uncomfortably and I take the hint to quit talking to Carl as if Luke wasn't right in front of us.
"Almost done..... There. Good as new... Kinda.... Not really, you still look a mess." He jokes.
"Shut up." I chuckle and punch his shoulder.
I get up slowly and Carl locks our hands together as we walk into my room. Abbie walks over to me.
"Maddie, are you ok?"
"Healthy as a horse." I say.
"All the horses are dead now Maddie." She points out.
"Hey i'm still standing on two legs. Aren't I?" I joke but Abbie doesn't find it funny. She anxiously twirls her barbies hair around her finger.
"Yeah but so are the dead, Maddie" she mumbles. My heart drops to my stomach. I unlock Carl and my hands and squat down to her eye level.
"Hey, i'm right here. Okay? I'm fine. Nothing to worry about. Okay?" I say. She nods and she wraps her arms around me. I hug her back.
"I love you Maddie."
"I love you too Abbie."

"Okay Mads we need to go. Can you get us the weapons?" Rick interupts.
"Yeah, grab some bags or anything we can use to get as much weapons as possible." I say.
"I'm coming." Abbie says while putting her Barbie in her bag. I get the same nervous pit in my stomach as I do everytime she asks to do something dangerous with us. But she's strong. Shes 10 next week. She's learning her ways with us. I nod my head. We leave the room and go downstairs I lead them to bottom floor but I go down first as discussed.
"Madison what are you doing here. Your shift is over?" Lauren ask, because she's been down here all day. She has no clue what happened today.
I hit her clean in the face and push her on the ground, kicking her head once harshly to knock her out. When the second man comes to see whats wrong Rick and Daryl get to him before he got to me. They knock him out in seconds.
"This way." I say leading them down the hall.
"Check them all. Theres stuff in every room." I say.
"Every room?" Michonnes jaw drops.
"Yeah, get searching." I say taking a room of my own and loading the small equipment into my bag first until I come across my gun and dagger. I put my dagger in my waistband and my gun in my holster. I leave the room when I have everything and my bag is really big and really heavy.
"Guyys. I think I found our stuff." Abbie tells us as everyone fills the room and come out with the weapons we first came in with.

We go back upstairs to my room and we pile everything on both beds and the ground. Carol, Maggie, Glenn and Beth can't believe the amount of weapons and ammo thats here.
"Won't Dawn see everything we've done in the cameras."  Glenn asks.
"Nah, me and Beth took care of that." I say and she smirks.
"Okay? I won't ask. We need to talk to Dawn. Only a few of us. The rest stays here. "
"Well i'm definately going. She bashed my face in, its only fair if I return the favour." I thrill trying to contain my excitement. I can see her blood on my hands already and I don't even care. I hate her.
"And if anyones killing her I call dibs." I smile.

Myself, Carl, Luke, Rick, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl and Michonne go downstairs and into Dawns office meeting Abraham, Rosita, Tara, Eugine and Tyreese. Dawn sits slumped in a corner as Abraham stands tall and proud with Dawns handgun pointed to her.
"Looks like the shoes on the other foot." I laugh at her and she ignores me.
"What? Cat got your tounge?" I mimic her words from earlier and she grimces.
"I see you got your face fixed up." She smirks.
"Yeah, but i'm afraid I won't be able to say the same about you in a few minutes." I say walking forward but Carl pulls me back and whispers
"Not yet." In my ear.
"So Maggie? I'm guessing you've finally got to see your baby sis?" She asks.
"Yeah. I have actualy. It was a good reunion. You missed the party." Maggie teases.
"Hope you saved me some cake." She sneers.
"Oh Madison has something special saved for you." She smirks and Dawns face drops.
"Go on kill me. You'll never be able to run this place like I did." She shouts.
"Your right. We'll do it ten times better than you did." Rick states.
"I am surprised, I must admit, at you Luke. You were a good man, loyal, strong. I didn't peg you for a traiter." She presses.
"Madison is my family. Which means these people are my family. And i'll always put family before anything or anyone else." He tells her calmly.
She sighs. "So what are you gonna do with me?" She asks.
"We were planning on killing you, but-"
"Rick!" I moan in annoyance.
"What?"
"You promised me I could kill her." I whine. He laughs and pats my shoulder
"All in good time Mads."
"But for now we're gonna put you in the cells on the bottom floor and we will take everything from you." He tells her and her face stays unmoving.
"And now you gonna call everyone to an assembly tomorrow in the canteen. We will tell them we run this place now. So do it. On the inter-com."
She presses a button on the small microphone on her desk and her voice is heard in the halls and room.

'No shifts in the morning. Everyone gather in the canteen for an early assembly at 9:30am. Be there'

"Now what?" She asks.
"Now we're gonna take shifts minding you. While the rest of us go to sleep. I'll take the first shift." Daryl says.
"Me too. I'll stay with you." Abraham adds.
Everyone files out of Dawns office apart from me. I saunter a little closer to Dawn but then turn to look at her desk. I sit on her big chair and twirl around on it.
"I could get used to this." I laugh.
Dawns face flares red and she spits on my feet. Like proper spits.
I sigh. "Oh hunny, don't make this worse than it has to be." I smirk.
I lift myself out of her chair and unplug her lamp on her table. I swing the wire in my hand and intimidate her, walking closer to her. I get impatient intimidating so I grab the end of the lamp and smash it against her head. Blood rolls down her face. She barely looks conscious. But Rick said to keep her alive.
"I had to get at least one hit in there." I say and Abraham laughs.
"Damn girl, you a lethal little thing, arn't ya." He chuckles.
I do a little bow and say.
"Don't ever expect anything less"
"Not even in my dreams." He promises.
I open her file drawer and take all of our records including Beths. I leave Daryl and Abrahams on the table so they can have a look at them. Then I walk to the door.
"Have a little look through that file cabnet. You'd be surprised what you come across." I say before closing the door. I put the files in my bag and I go to close the door but a small banging noise distracts me. I walk towards the familar room I was in this morning. I open the door and shove away the walker that attacks me. I pull my dagger out and wait for the walker to get off the ground before putting a knife in its skull. It drops to the ground. I forgot to do something with the dead man after I suffocated him. I thought Dawn would find him first. His face burns into my eyes and mind and it bothers me more now than it did earlier. I find the stretcher from earlier and put him on it, not bothering with the bag. I wheel him down the corridor to the elevator and I tilt the stretcher up until his body slides off. I wheel the stretcher back with no emotion. I feel like a walker myself. I wonder what kind of monster am I. If i'm any better then the dead that roams this earth? I go back to my room which has been cleared with the weapons. Carol and Abbie must have hid them. Abbie and my bed are pushed together to make a massive bed. Maggie, Beth and Abbie walk in.
"We're gonna slumber together." Abbie squeels, seen as its her first girls night, sleepover. To be fair it's mine too. We all hop in the bed and just suddenly fall asleep without meaning to. Its been a long day but somehow I thing tomorrow will be longer.