Chapter 91

Madisons pov.
"What do you mean 'it was all for me'?" Maggie asks confused. She brushes my hair out of my face.
"I think she hit you really hard." She amends.
"Im not crazy, well, yeah ok, I am. But I know this is real. Please just believe me. I tried to keep her safe for you." I whisper.
Maggie looks so confused but she kisses my forehead and nods 'ok'
"Help her up." Glenn orders.
Carl and Rick put my arms over their shoulders and they supported my weight holding my waist. They bring me up to our floor.
"Now what?" Sasha ask.
"Now follow me." I say limping towards my room. I knock on the door.
"Its me Madison. You can open the door, the others are here." I say.
A few seconds pass until the door clicks and I push it open.

MAGGIE'S POV.
A beaten Madison opens up the door to her room. I walk in first to find the beautiful familar girl I grew up with. The girl that would call me over the phone and hug me when I came home from collage. The girl who sang for my dad, and when she did it made him smile, which made me smile.
"Beth?"
"Maggie!"
She's in my arms in seconds and I can't stop the flow of tears that flood my face. I didn't know if she was dead or not. I always believed she was alive i'd just never see her again. But now she's in my arms and she is alive and shes here. My knees give out and I fall to the floor with her still embarcing me. We don't let go of each other. I pulled back slightly to look at her. She had the same blue eyes and golden blond hair. She has a stitch on her forehead and a cast on her hand.
"What happened to you? Are you ok?" I ask.
"I couldn't be any better. It's a long story." She says glancing to Madison.
Madison smiles. Thats when I remember that Beth is here because Madison was brave enough to risk her life for someone she didn't even know.
I lunch myself at Madison.
"Thank you! Thank you! You beautiful, smart, brave, woman!" I say between kissing her forehead. I couldn't get my breath to talk properly.
"Daryl?" Beth announces and Daryl spins her in a 360 spinning turn. She laughs and hugs him back all the while the tears falling from her eyes as she smiles. Glenn hugs me from behind.
"I can't believe this is happening." I whisper to him.
"It is. She's here. Beth is safe. Beth is home." He whispers in my ear.

MADISON'S POV.
Everyone hugged Beth one at a time but Maggie never let go of her hand. I was happy but I wasn't satisfied. This place would never be safe for us anymore. Not when we have enemies inside the same building. Waiting to kill us awake or in our sleep.
"Guys? I don't mean to ruin the moment, but I have to. I need to say something." I say, earning everyones attention.
"I'm sorry that I lied and went behind your backs on this but now you know why. I hope you understand because I'd do it again." I say earning a warm smile from Beth. I smile back and continue.
"This place isn't safe anymore. I'm sorry that its my fault but it had to be done. Dawn wants me dead, but she wants all of you. She's gonna want to control you all, you will have no say in anything. But we're better than that. We're stronger than that. This has to be a place we can live in safety and happiness, possibly have kids and grow old if this works. Dawns men work for her because they're scared and Dawn has something to offer them. But what if we had something better." I propose.
Everyone is listening carefully liking the sound of what i'm saying.
"These guards, workers, children, elderly. They won't trust us until we give them a reason to. Dawns dangerous, she's lethal. She won't stop until i'm dead, and i'm afraid she'll kill anyone in the way of that. We need to give these people something better than just a roof and some food. If we were in contol people could have the liberty if doing what ever they want. They would feel safe. We could make walls so tall no dead or living could come inside uninvited. There would be no dead knocking on our front door, scaring people and scarring the children. We can give them food, water, clothes of their own choice. We could give them freedom. The experianced people could go on runs and save the lives of the people who are forced out but don't know what they're doing. This is our dream world, and my dad always told me if you put your mind to something you can get whatever you want. Well I want this. So i'm fighting for it. To go through with this, we need to take this place. Remove Dawn and take everything that makes her top dog." I say. Rick walks up to me and places his hand on my shoulder.
"I'm with Mads." He speaks.
"So am I." Carl says grabbing my hand.
"Count me in." Abbie confirms.
"Me too. I'll have your back." Beth tells me and I remember her telling me last night she would have my back and she did. I know I like Beth already. We will be friends.
Everyone agrees to take over this place.
Rick speaks up. "We're stronger and smarter than all these people here. We will have this place. But first we have to kill Dawn." He bellows.
"Just one problem, we don't have any weapons to fight back with." Daryl points out. Everyone goes quite and I think of all the rooms on the bottom floor full of weapons.
"What if I told you that I could get you all as many weapons as you like." I smile micheviously.