Chapter 82

MADISONS POV.
I enter my room and Abbie flings herself at me and hugs me.
"Damn you Maddie, you scared the hell out of me." She whispers into my hair.
I sit on her bed and comb my fingers through her messy hair.
"Sorry." I kissed her forehead.
"Is your head ok?" She asks.
"I'm fine don't worry about me. You can start worrying when Rick and Maggie find me, I bet they'll be the ones to kill me now." I laugh and Abbie giggles too.
The door busts open and everyone runs in with Rick and Maggie in front.
"Speak of the devil." I whisper to Abbie.
"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT MADS?" Rick shouts.
"Jesus Rick! Quit shoutin' you'll get your panties in a twist." I complain.
"Do you wanna tell us where you went?" Maggie spits.
"I went to the city with two of Dawns guys. You heard the summary of what happened when we were in Dawns office." I tell them.
"Why did you leave?" Glenn says.
"Look, i'm just... Not myself right now. I've been goin through some things and I needed space. I needed to get out. I'm inside all the time and I havn't seen the sun in weeks." I explain.
"So why were you let out and not us." Sasha asks.
"Me and Dawn, we're... Allies, I guess. We don't get along like best buds but we understand each other. I needed to get out and she allowed me." I say. "I'd do it again, only not to the city. Dawn doesn't let us leave. These walls manipulate us. They make us think that we're being locked out, but really we're being locked in. We can't leave. They've men everywhere at the doors that could take us down in seconds." I explain. They nod their heads. Rick sighs.
"Are you ok?" He puts his hand on my shoulder.
"I always am." I say.
"Yeah. Keep it that way." He orders.
They leave and Maggie ruffles my hair before leaving, leaving Abbie in the room now.
"I gotta take care of something. You go to bed. Its late. I'll be back." I say.
"Good night Maddie."
"Night Abbie." I whisper and close the door, walking directly over to Carls room. I knocked and entered. At first he's nowhere to be seen and then next thing I know i'm shoved against the wall and his lips are on mine. He kisses me passionately. His hands move down my body and cups the back of my thighs. He hoists me up so i'm on his hips and my back pressed to the door.
"How. Could. You. Have. Been. So. Stupid." He says between kisses on my neck.
"I needed to be outside." I tell him.
"Look i'm sorry i just-" i'm cut off by him kissing my mouth again.
"I could have lost you." He whispers in my ear and it sends a shiver down my spine.
"You couldn't get rid of me if you tried." I whispered back and he smiles into the next kiss.
"Good because I'm planning on keeping you around for a really long time." He tells me.
He carries me over to the bed and he helps me take my jacket off. Then he takes off my shoes and kisses up my leg to my knee. He stands up taking off his belt and his top. Throwing them on the ground. Next thing I know my own top is off and he's on top of me kissing down my neck. I suddenly feel self-conscious of my body being covered in scars. Carl knows exactly whats going on in my mind. He kisses every scar and looks up to me.
"Your beautiful, you know that right?
Don't be ashamed of your scars. It means you are stronger than whoever tried to hurt you." He whispers to me and I feel tears prickle at my eyes but I don't allow them to flow. I won't allow them ruin tonight.
"I love you." I whisper
"I love you too." He whispers back.
******************************
I wake up when I hear my watch beep.
It reads 6:45am my new shift starts in fifteen minutes. I woke in Carls arm's, our bare limbs entwined. I lie still for a few minutes gazing at the rise and fall of his naked chest. I smile when I remember the events of last night. It was an amazing night and I just pray that Abbie won't ask why I never returned back to the room like I said I would.
I sit up slowly trying not to wake Carl. I bend down and get my clothes off the floor. I get dressed and when I'm fully clothed I leave a small note for Carl on the bedside table.
Last night was amazing. I have a new shift so I won't be there when you wake up. Ask Dawn about new shift if you like. Love you. -M.
I close the door behind me and tip toe over to my room. I walk in to see Abbie asleep. I ruffle my bed sheets to make it look like I slept in my own bed last night. Then I left a similar message for Abbie explaining my absence. I walk to the bottom floor and meet Dawn.
"Your just in time. Lets get you started shall we?" She asks.