Chapter 8

MADISON'S POV.

"Okay Rick, so you're telling me that the whole world has turned into one of these.... walker things?" I ask.
"Yeah" he simply replys with a shrug.
Looking down at the bloodied corpse on the ground I find it hard not to believe him anymore.

Before I've registered my own reaction, I'm squatting down and putting my face in my hands. There is nothing left.
What are we meant to do?
I thought tears might come, but they don't and I'm glad because I can't be seen crying in front of these people. I can't be weak.

I sigh and quickly stand back up.
"So what now?" I ask, feeling suddenly exhausted.
"We survive. Nothing else matters except to survive, but this man here" he points to a short man with a mullet. "He knows a cure for this, he can fix this and it will all go away, he's a scientist." He continues.
I look at the man he was referring to and a stange expresion crosses his face. Guilt? I don't know. Maybe he's just shy.
"Eugene." He barely waves, his eyes don't touch mine. He keeps them focused on the ground.

"Do you have a home, a place to stay?" I ask them

"We used to. We had a prison, but people came and tried to take it. We're all who survived it...... I'm Maggie by the way." The brown haired woman smiles.
"If we're throwing out names here, then this here is Glenn, standing beside Maggie" he points to the asain. "These people here are Sasha, Bob, Tyreese and Tara" he says pointing to each person.

"You already know Carl and Judith, this is Michonne and Abraham" he says pointing to a woman with dark skin and a katana and a tall man with unusual ginger hair that has a mustache to match it. He skips over Eugene and points to a short, toned woman. Her expression is fierce and unwavering. The kinda look I wanted to have while facing these people but I probably just look as clueless as I feel right now. "This is Rosita and this woman here is Carol and beside her is Daryl." he says pointing to the man with the crossbow

"I'm sorry about your ummm..." I say pointing to his eyebrow that has finally stopped bleeding.

"Are you a fast runner?" He asks
I'm thrown off by his sudden question.
"I dunno, I guess" I reply, unsure.
"Good, cause if you do that again you'd wanna be runnin' " He says with a playful smirk.
I smile at his joke, but I see the seriousness of what he's saying too.

Rick speaks up. "So, what's in those small buildings?"
I wince. I want to get away from here. Not stay longer!

"The bigger house is where the men stayed. You'll most likely find food in there. The smaller building is...." I think I'm about to get sick just thinking of it.
"The smaller building is what?" Rick presses.

"..... Thats where they liked to..." my voice trails off but Rick doesn't make me finish. I guess he already knows.
"You'll find weapons in there, maybe some more ammo." Nick finally speaks up.

Rick seems pleased knowing they were going to get more guns.
"Okay guys, we're gonna go in, but keep your eyes peeled incase any other guys decided not to come out and fight, they'll be hiding if they're still in there" Rick tells his group.

They walk towards the buildings.
I turn to my family. There are tears steaming down my mothers face but my brother and sister are now quiet, shocked.

"Are you coming?" A voice asks from behind me.
The voice shocks me and I turn quickly towards it. It's Carl. He's still carrying Judith.
"Umm.... yeah, we're coming." I reluctantly follow them.

We all walk towards the group that is standing outside the building. I don't talk to Carl on the way over but I do glance at him a few times. As we are walking over I look at my arm, there is blood on it, but it's not the walkers blood, it's mine. It's coming from the cut on my arm from earlier. I must have reopened the scab when I was trying to kill the walker.