Chapter 32.

CARL'S POV.

I understand that everybody has their own way of grieving, but I've never seen it quite like this before. Madison is chaotic and it's hard to keep up with her bundle of sudden emotions. Im sure she has trouble keeping up with them too. Maybe that's why she lashes out like that.

After completely destroying the room, Abbie appeared in the doorway. She's so small and looks equally as fragile. So when she began to cry almost everyone looked away, some people even left the room. I could tell Daryl was itching to get as far away from the room as possible. Maggie on the other hand had a tear fall down her face and I know it was because she, Madison and Abbie get on really well together.

All of a sudden Madison had got up off her feet and pretended the last few minutes never happened.
"Let's go upstairs Abbie. I need to tell you something." She sighs emotionlessly. She looks drained. She looks so exhausted that I wonder how she's still moving around.

Everyone sat down in the vandalised sitting room in awkward silence.
"What did you do to the body?" Tyreese  asks.
Nick looks up now, waiting for the answer.
"We out her in the garage out back. I guess you can do what you want with her tomorrow." Rick says to Nick.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, if you want a funeral then-"
He's cut off by a loud cry from upstairs.

A young, innocent cry, its almost like a scream really, and they don't stop. They come in loud sobs. The pain is clear in the mourning cry. It makes the hair on the back of my neck rise. It was the kind of cry that makes a shiver go down your spine. We all know straight away what has happened.

I feel horrible for Abbie, I was around her age when I lost my mom too. I feel a strong ache in my chest for her. Eventually, everyone decides to try and get as much sleep as they can. There's only a few hours left until day break. But it was especially hard to sleep with the wailing coming from upstairs.

It takes a long time before the cries finally die down. I peak from the corner of my eye and watch as Nick squirms uncomfortably. He never slept, he didn't even try. So it's no shock when he stands to his feet and begins to walk from the room.
He catches my eyes as he walks away but instead of calling me out for staring at him he jus shrugs and offers me an explanation.

"I better go up and check on her." And with that he saunters out of the room and up the stairs. I'm not sure which sister he's talking about. Probably both.
We all glance around at each other now that we are free to talk because Nick had gone.

"It wasn't Madisons fault. Not really. Her mother left by herself. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time." Maggie speaks first
"Why would she keep shouting for Madison? We told her what happens when you make noise." Michonne chimes in.

It was reckless of her to go out alone. What was she thinking? But yes, her mother could've dealt with this better." Dad adds.
"Madison won't let this go. She thinks it's her fault." Rosita murmurs.

The rooms falls silent for the hundredth time tonight so I'm glad when Daryl finally speaks up.
"Did you see those walkers though. She took all of them out by herself. She could come in handy with those bow n' arrows."

"She's quick, smart, accurate. She's could be amazing but if she doesn't learn to control that temper then she'll be brutal. She'll get us all in trouble." Carol notes.
"I don't know how else to say this but, her family won't last. I don't think they will anyways. They need to learn how to kill. Not so much Madison. I'd shit myself if she came near me with that bow but her brother and sister..." Tara points out harshly and shrugs when she gets some disapproving looks.

"We need to show them that we're family too. As long as they're open to that." I say.
"Are they?" Abraham asks.
Dad nods to agree with him.
"They're not dangerous." Sasha argues. It's the first time I've heard her speak up about these new comers.
"It's late.... Or early. Lets just go to sleep and figure things out in the morning." Glenn suggests.

"Yeah, we have to leave tomorrow, we can't stay here. Not after all the noise today." Dad finishes and with that everyone goes to bed again.
Except me.

I couldn't get to sleep without thinking about poor Madison, Nick and Abbie. I know Madison thinks this was her fault, but it's not really. It might seem that way but its not. Her mother didn't go out there to get bit, it just happened. It was bad luck.

I've learned a few things about Madison tonight.
She has been strong for so long but there's cracks starting to show.
She has a wild temper than can flare out of thin air.
That combination isn't exactly comforting.
She can stand up for herself.
She's brutal, she knows how to take care of herself. I seen that when I saw all the walkers she killed in the field.
She's not good with grief, she may have been familar with it but shes not good at it, then again nobody is.

When she's upset she turns her sorrow into rage and destroys anything in her way. Unfortunately, her sitting room got the receiving end of her outburst today.
Most of all I noticed that she discovered that not even she understands her feelings, so how could any of us guess.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I can already feel the tensions rising. As much as I like Madison, I secretly wonder if it's a good idea to go with them. She's unpredictable. Maybe it's best if we just went our separate ways.