Chapter 100

I can't believe we're at chapter 100 already, its crazy 😂 I just want to thank everyone who has been a dedicated reader, voter and commenter. 💕I'm still not near done this book and I still have so many ideas to get into the book. Anyways here we go.
Madisons pov.
"Abbie?"
The terrified girl whirls around with a knife pointing at me. It looks so unnatural in her hand as it shakes. My heart feels like it breaks into a million pieces when I realise it's not the girl I was looking for, although she looked like her, she could be her double. She looks at me with wide brown eyes, mirror imaged to Abbies scared ones. The only difference between this kid and Abbie is that the girl in front of me is slightly younger. Possibly seven or eight years old. I hear Judith crying and suddenly I feel a cold round barrel of a gun shoved to the back of my head. A deep voice says
"Stay away from her." I lift my hands in surrender and slowly step back from the girl and wait for the deep voice to show his face. Judith doesn't stop crying and I fear he is hurting her. She's on my back and I can't turn my head to see her.
"Please, just don't hurt the baby." I beg.
"Please, I refuse to be one of them, like the dead. I refuse to be a monster. I couldn't just kill a baby." He admits and I relax only the slightest bit.
The girl turns around to the woman infront of her being mauled by the walker. The gun leaves my head for a second as a bullet puts down the savage creature tearing into the dead womans flesh. The little girl runs up to her body and shoves the walker off it.
She shakes the womans body.
"Mamaaa! Mamaaa! Please mama, wake up! Mommy!!!" She cries.
She keeps shaking the body.
"Look, i'm not gonna hurt the girl. I heard her scream and I came to help. I only had good intentions." I promise.
The gun leaves my head again and the man slowly walks around to face me with the gun still pointed to my head.
"Good to hear that. Give us what you got." He demands.
"I lost everything to a herd of the dead. Trust me I have nothing that would benifit you unless your old enough for diapers." I tease rudely.
He snorts. "How 'bout that fine looking thing." He points to my bow.
"Your not getting it. You'd have to kill me before you got it. Besides it looks like you've got bigger problems right now" I say referring to the girl screaming at her mothers dead body.
"Killing you isn't a problem." He says.
"Thought you said you weren't a monster." I challenge.
"I'm not a monster. I'm a surviver. Theres a difference." He spits.
"How?" I say.
"If I killed that innocent child i'd be a monster. But you, you've done things before, I can see it in your eyes. You've killed, which means your a threat to my family. If I put you down because you were a threat then I'm a surviver, thats how you survive." He explains.
"Your right you are a surviver, but I am too. I'm surviving for the baby. We're the same, and if you let me I can help you. I can help the girl. I've been in her exact position with my mom. We can help each other, all you gotta do is put down the gun." I plead. He slowly puts down the gun and Judith's finally quiet.
"The name is Will." He tells me.
"Madison." I nod.
I look at the girl and he nods his head in permission to help her. I want to help her, I want to make her feel better. I feel like I have to, for Abbie.
I kneel beside the girl and she points the knife at me.
"Shhh, it's ok. I'm here to help you. I'm going to take the knife now, okay?" I warn her and she nods her head. I take the knife. The mother will wake soon.
"Whats your name?" I ask her.
"Corey." She whispers.
"Well Corey, i'm Madison. I need you to do  I something. I need you to do it for you." I explain and hand her back the knife. I tilt the mothers head and Corey starts to cry again. She knows what to do next. She shakes her head.
"Please, you do it. I can't" she says.
"Yes you can and you will. Because your mother would want you to do it. And when your older you'll be glad you did it. It will change you, make you into a stronger person." I say. After sometime Corey gently slides the knife into the skull. I take the knife back.
***************************
We've been walking for sometime now and Corey still sobs but we let her. we walk onwards.
"Have you been alone since the beginning?" Will asks.
"No. Just for the past few months."
"Is she your baby?"
"No, she's my friend...... Shes my boyfriends sister." I say clutching the area above my heart as it breaks.
"How are-"
"Can you quit the game of 20 questions? I'm done!" I snap.
"Jeez, fine." He mutters and walks forward with Corey. I trail behind them. As we walk further I hold Judith in my arms and give her a bottle.
"Can I hold her?" Will asks.
"No!" I say and theres a silence.
"I don't trust you yet." I admit.
Suddenly a huge herd emerges from the trees and I turn to Will and Corey who have already abandoned me as they sprint into the trees. I follow after them but I can't find them. I awkwardly try to run and put Judith back in her pouch at the same time. When I do I put her on my back and I take out my bow. I run and run and I know I have lost the others that went the other way. Not that I wanted them back, they left me for dead. I sprint pushing branches out of my face and I push through bushes and spot a high tree thats easy to climb. I run to it and climb until i'm high enough in the air that nothing can see me but I can see them.

Carls pov.
We walk further and further until we finally find a sign that leads to a village called tanner village. We walk along the road until we get close enough to the village. When we get there we realise there is a herd of walkers but thats never stopped us before. We easily put down multiple walkers to clear the small road to our satisfaction. We stroll through quietly looking for any place for food. Our stomachs have been growling all day. Luke spots a small shop with the door busted open. We all walk inside and find different cans and packets of food. I find some beef jerky and stuff it in my bag. Dad and Daryl find a staircase which leads to a small house above us. We all arm ourselves and go upstairs. When we get to tje top of tje stairs we have to hop an armchair. Room by room we clear the small house. There was a few stray walkers in the house and it seems like it was attacked by a herd. Whoever was here last either died or fled. We leave the biggest room for last. We open the door and pour inside with our guns out. The room is empty but the window is wide open. We decide to camp here for the night as we close the door and I close the window. I sit down on the large couch as does many others. I feel something hard and uncomfortable sticking into my back. When I turn to see it I find a bag. But it wasn't just any bag. It catches everyones eye as soon as I take it out from behind me.
"Madisons bag." I announce.
She's alone and out there somewhere, possibly injured, but she's still alive.