Chapter 88

MADISONS POV.
If I wasn't already sitting on the ground I think I would have fallen over with shock. My jaw is practically on the floor. I gather myself together and reach through the bars grabbing her shirt and pulling her against the bars.
Its only then that the light bounces off her head showing that her hair is blonde not brown. Her blue eyes nearly pop out of her head with shock.
"What are you doing?" She squirms.
"You better not be kidding, you'll regret it if you are." I say.
"What are you even talking about?" She   croaks. I shove her back, finally letting go of her shirt.
"Your name?" I ask again.
"Beth Greene." She repeats.

Everything just clicked together. Her thick southern accent is familar.
"Now I get it." I whisper and she gives me a confused look.
"You get what?" She asks.
"I know who you reminded me of."
"Who?" She asks.
"You remind me of Maggie." Once the name leaves my mouth she slams her hands against the bars and pushes her face between them looking me straight in the eyes.
"How do you know Maggie? Where is she? Is she alive." She blurts all too loudly.
"Shut up, dammit! Do you want to get us caught?" I ask.
"Just tell me if she's alive? Is she dead?" She asks.
"She's here. Asleep three stories above us with Glenn." I say.
"Glenn's here?" She whispers urgently.
"Everyones here. Rick, Carl, Judith, Maggie, Glenn, Carol, Daryl-"
"Daryl..." She cuts me off and I nod.
She shakes the bars and looks around for an escape root.
"Cut it out. Your gonna get us caught and then both killed. Maggies my family that means your my family. But if you try to kill me i'll break your other arm. Got it?" I say and she nods vigerously. I sigh and try to think of a plan.

"I'm gonna get you out of here. Okay? You have to trust me, but can I trust you?" I ask her. She grabs my wrist and looks at me.
"I trust you to get me out of here alive. You can trust me to have your back. You already done things for me that you didn't have to." She tells me. I nod. I start to think of any way that I could get her out of here with out anybody knowing. This place is crawling with cameras and security guards.

"I have an idea but i'm not sure if your gonna like it." I say.
"Couldn't be worse than this."
"Okay so I think we can pretend your a walker thats gonna be thrown down the elevator. I'll pretend you died, came back as a walker. I'll make it look convincing. I can leave with you in a bodybag during Laurens shift swap. Then the tricky part is in the main floor. Its crawling with cameras. I need to get you out. Hide you. Distract Dawn. Disconnect the cameras in her office and get you to somewhere nobody will look. It's just the figuring out the whole thing thats kinda concerning me right now." She listens to every word I say and we whisper so low that only we can hear, even though everyones asleep. We can't take any chances.

"How are you gonna distract Dawn? I'm not saying that I have no faith in you but we don't know if i'm getting out of this alive, so you can't tell anyone that i'm here." She warns. I nod my head understanding.
"Im not telling anyone"
If Maggie knew what was happening right now.....

"My shift is over in fifteen minutes. We take this time to plan and tomorrow evening around 1pm is when i'm meant to start my shift. I miss lunch but at 4pm I get off and everyone is having dinner thats when we make a move." I say and she agrees. I sigh and put my hands in my hair.
"How the hell am I meant to distract Dawn. Shes a smart, annoying and evil son of a bitch." I complain.
"Sleep on it. But you better figure something out soon." She warns.
On cue Dawns voice breaks through the walkie talkie.
"Your shift is up. Go to bed." She orders. I reply with an "ok"
"I have to go now, but just tell me that you won't go crazy and get yourself killed." I say getting up onto my feet.
"No promises." She laughs.
I hand her another apple before leaving
"Hey.... I, I never got your name?" She asks.
"Madison smith." I shake her hand.
"We're gonna get along just fine." She says shaking my hand.

I smile knowing I've made a new partner in crime.