Chapter 60

Madisons pov.
We've been searching for Daryl for ages and we can't find him anywhere. We've moved deeper into the city and i've been noticing some little trails but they don't bring us anywhere good. It could have been anybodys trail. Even a walker. Speaking of walkers. They're everywhere. We're not surrounded but i've seen groups and Rick told me thats not even the worst of it. Its almost time to go back to the others. Maybe the others have found him. In the meantime Rick, Carl, Sasha, gabriel and Thyrese are walking ahead and myself, Abbie and Michonne are pulling small pranks on each other by unexpectantly tripping each other up.
I'm not gonna lie, i've fallen over a few times.
Michonne laughs at me while I pick myself back up and brush the dirt of my knees while laughing.
"Your one to talk, you basically fell flat on your face." I laugh and Abbie joins in. Michonne smiles an evil smile.
"Oh yeah?" She smiles while tripping me up. I land on my stomach. I fall again and use my hand to pull Michonne down and she lands ontop of me. Abbie soon jumps ontop to create the 'pile-on' effect.
Rick slowly turns around. "What the hell is all the noise abou-" she is caught off guard at our pile on and he nearly bursts into laughter as we look up at him.
"Okay seriously guys. We have to get back to the others on time. So come on." He says while helping us up. I'm the last he helps seen as I was on the bottom of the pile and so when I reach for his hand I try to pull him down but he's stonger and he pull me up and puts his arm around my shoulder, guiding me in the direction we are going in.
"Nice try bud." He laughs.
"Your no fun." I joke.
"Sure I am. Don't you just love playing 'kill that walker.'" He smiles.
"Ha ha, good one" I say sarcastically.
"The only game you can play is eye- spy." Carl teases.
"That was the only game I played because that one was the only game you could actually play." He teases back and I cant help myself laughing and giving Rick a high-five. "Ouch" Sasha teases. And thyrese laughs.
A few moments pass and then finally Michonne says.
"Eye spy with my little eye..... Something beginning with.....J"
"Are you serious?" Carl laughs.
"Hey its a good game." Abbie defends.
"Judith." I guess pointing to the quiet Baby tucked into the baby-back, holder thingy that is hanging on Carls back.
"Yeah. How'd you guess." She says.
"I'm a genius! I spy with my little eye, something beginning with T." I say.
"Me?" Thyrese guesses and I shake my head no.
"The tank." Abbie points across the road to a tank. Rick looks at it and he looks thoughtful.
We round another corner.
Abbies turn. "Eye spy with my little eye...... WALKERS!" Abbie shouts. There is a huge herd of walkers right up our ass and we run. Carl turns Judiths 'carrier' to his front so he can secure her when running. We don't stop running and I grab Abbie's hand to keep her up to speed. We keep running and we round another corner which is full with more walkers just not as many, but it's our only chance we got. Rick wasn't kidding when he said "more walkers than you can imagine"
Holy cow there's loads!
They come our way and everyone uses they're knives to kill off walkers. Michonne uses her katana. I use my mothers knife and I run with Abbie beside me. I put down a few walkers but they've noticed the noise and movement so they are ganging up. My heart pounds and my breaths are heavy when i'm running. This virus that I have isn't helping in anyway.
We run, passing loads of walkers until one grabs my bag and pulls me back, onto the ground. I fight it off but its teeth is snapping dangerously close to my face . I look up to see that the herd of walkers is way too close and I shove a knife into the walkers head and stand up, findng that i've been cut off from the rest of our small group. I hear them shouting for me but I have no time to answer. I have to get out of here before I become dinner. I run through an ally-way connected to another block which is less crowded. I'm running further away from my group but it's the only thing I can do, the walkers are on my tail. I look left and right looking for a building to go into. I get a little further ahead of the walkers but I don't stop running because I think that i'll get sick. I run and after every 4th or 5th building there is an ally-way that has entrances to a hotel or casino etc. I just pass them, needing to get far ahead. But my feet are tired and i'm about to get sick so I start looking closer until I nearly run past an ally-way that has dead walkers outside. I choose that one. I run over to the metal door and slam it behind me. I quickly turn around to check if there are any walkers while i'm inside. There are except they're dead. Which means either someone was here or that person is still here. I take out an arrow and I load my bow. I walk through the hotel lobby passing dozens on dead walkers. I quietly scan the rooms and find nobody.
I guess whoever was here last was here a while ago.
Thats when I hear the noise from upstairs. I raise my bow and climb the stairs slowly moving through each room until I see an actual moving walker. It's the first one actually alive-ish in this hotel. I nearly let my arrow fly to its head until Another replaces mine. A familiar arrow. I turn.
"Daryl." I breath