Chapter 6

MADISON'S POV.

When the door slids open a tall figure walks in with a funny looking weapon in its hand, it looks a little like a crossbow. I don't hesitate to save my family as my hand with the knife draws back behind my head and with a massive grunt I force the knife to soar through the air towards the figures head.

The person must have heard my grunting as a warning and he stumbled backwards to the ground, while my knife misses his head. I curse myself out of it, I have nothing to save my family with now. Maybe I can discract the person and while they kill me, my family can run away to safety. I'm interupted by my brother shoving something into my hand. I look at my brother in the eyes and then quickly down to the object in my hand, wasting no time. It's a rock, its small but its big enough to fit in my hand and do a bit of damage, I look a little closer to see the rock has been played with and the top of the rock has been sharpened into a deadly weapon

What the hell? My brother making sharp weapons. He has been thinking of escaping here, just like I have. He's braver than I thought.

Two other men run into our cart and point guns at us. One man is tall and he looks asain. The other man has a bushy beard covering his mouth and he must be the leader of his group because he's shouting orders at whoever is out there, telling them to stay back and have their weapons ready.

"Get outside .... NOW! " The leader shouts at us.

My family are starting to walk out and I'm close behind them incase the men decide to shoot them in their backs. I start walking towards the exit of the traincart, like I have dreamed of so many times but not like this. As i'm walking I glare at the leader as he point his gun at me. I'm not backing down, I have to be brave for my family, I don't dare dim my glare at the man.

When I step outside of the cart I'm blinded by the sun as if I havn't seen the sun in years. I almost laugh at myself for realising that it's kinda true.

"What's your name?" The leader asks directly to me because I'm the most noticable person here, as I still glare at him not answering his question and I stand infront of my family protecting them. I don't understand. These people saved us, yet they're all pointing guns at us, at me mostly. That's when I noticed how big their group is. There's a woman that looks around my mothers age, with short hair and she's standing next to man with a crossbow, he has a cut beside his eyebrow that is bleeding. I wonder where he got that fro.... uh oh! I see my knife a few feet away laying on the ground.

"HELLOOO.... did you hear me I asked you what your name is." he bellows.

"Yeah, I heard you." I snap, finally answering him. He sighs. I can tell he doesn't want to be arguing with a 15 year old girl.

The asain guy, who is standing beside a woman with brown hair that falls naturally to her shoulders asks
"Why were you in there?"
"It's pretty obvious, don't you think..... we were taken, held hostage." I say.
"Why?" The leader asks. His simple word annoys me.
"I DON'T KNOW, HOW SHOULD I FUCKING KNOW?" I scream.
"Shhhhhh!" Everyone whispers, there eyes suddenly alarmed.
What the hell? These guys are strange we need to get away from them.
I tighten my fist around the rock thats still in my hand.
" I don't know what the hell is wrong with you guys, but we're going home" I say pointing to myself and my family.

"Home?" Says the woman next to the crossbow guy, in confusion.

"How long have you been in that traincart" the leader demands.

I hesitate. Should I tell them ? I don't see how it could hurt, but I still have a weird feeling about telling them. I don't know why.

"...... eight years." I say giving into the question
I hear someone gasp.

"I'm sorry ..... wait, whats your name?"

Why the hell is he sorry? These people are creeping me out.

"Madison......Madison Smith." I sigh in defeat.

"Well Madison, I'm sorry to say this, but..... there is no more home."