Chapter 68

CARL'S POV.
Half an hour had come and gone and I couldn't bring myself to even glance away from Madison for even a point of a second. I stand at the window and watch as the doctors continue with the operation. David has been in and out updating us on what is happening. Everyone is sitting down in the chairs or lying on the ground trying to get the slightest bit of sleep. Only Abbie, Maggie, Dad and myself have stood and watched the whole thing.
The door opens and both David and Dawn walk in.
"We have another update." David begins. "We have just finished extracting the blood from the stomach. Her pancreas is fine now and the doctors are finishing the operation. Madison had been losing a huge amount of blood through out the weeks. When she got sick it looked like she threw up more than she actually did. That being said, she will still need a blood transfusion and another IV to rehydrate her body as she has lost too much fluids. Her heart rate is low. Doctors will be on standby at every second of everyday until she is back on her feet again. It will take a while and she will need to be on strict medication. We would ask her parents to encourage her to take them" David explains
"Where are her parents?" Dawn asks.
Silence fills the room.
"They're dead." Abbie tells them.
"Her guardians?"
Everybody turn around not knowing what to say or do.
Maggie takes a step forward.
"I am her guardian." She announces.
My dad also joins Maggie. "Me too."
"Well then, I would assume you will greatly encourage her to do what she is told?" David asks.
I hear Daryl snicker and we all think the same thing.
Madison doesn't listen because she the most stuborn person in the world.
"We can try." Admits Maggie and dad chuckles.
"Try?" Dawn asks.
"She has selective hearing. Only hears what she wants. Doesn't listen much." Dad explains.
"Well, things here are different. She would want to change." Dawn remarks.
"Anyways I have found you all rooms. If you are to live here you need somewhere to sleep and keep your belongings. Do we have any couples here that would like one room?" Dawn asks.
Maggie and Glenn raise their hands as do Abraham and Rosita's.
"Can I share a room with my sister.... If she wakes up." Abbie asks.
"When your sister wakes up you can share a room with her. So thats three coupled rooms." Dawn notes.
"I should warn you. Its nothing amazing. We all sleep in hospital beds and we use small cabnets as drawer and closets. We use only what we have. But it's home so, take it or leave it." Dawn says."We'll take it." Gabriel says.
"Follow me and I will take you all to your rooms." Dawn explains. Dawn opens the door and waits for everyone to leave but I can't find myself able to move from watching Madison.
"She's not going anywhere, you know. She'll still be there when you get back. There's no point in standing here doing nothing." Dawn explains. I know she's right so I leave the room and Dawn follows behind me.
Dawn has nice moments but she's a bitch.
We are brought through hallways and doors and even up a few staircases until we are on the third flood. On the first corridor on the third floor Dawn stops us and tells us to pick our rooms and they would be ours. She leaded the couples to the rooms with the double beds. Judith was brought a baby crib from the child caring section. Judith stays in my dads room. Abbie chooses the room opposite to mine. She has two single beds and a closet.
I walk into my own. I have a single bed, a bedside locker and a closet. Pretty much every room was identical. We all gather into Glenn and Maggie's because its the biggest.
"Why don't you get some sleep. Madison will be under the doctors care and will not be allowed to be disturbed for the next twenty-four hours." David explains.
"Excuse me?" Michonne demands.
"Is that nessasary?" Dad asks.
"Yes. The only people who could visit is her relitives through blood." David explains.
"I'm blood! Im her blood! I'm her sister!" Abbie shouts.
"Then you are the only person permitted to seeing Madison for now." Dawn explains. Abbie walks towards Dawn but Daryl stops her.
"We don't know you. How do we know that your not just gonna take the girl alone and hurt her." He accuses.
"As I said before dumbass. You have things we need and you have things we need. What would I be acheive by hurting a child?" Dawn spits acidly.
God I hate this woman already.
Abbie follows David out of the room and we all stay behind.
"Sleep." Dawn orders and turns to leave the toom before saying
"Breakfast is at nine- thirty. Don't miss it or you will strave until lunch. You will get to see our people. There are many of us. There are also many sick people here. Dying people. So we will expect you all to keep your mouths shut and have some respect." Dawn exits the room without a reply.
"Respect." Daryl scoffs at her rudeness.
"We should get as much sleep ad possible. We havn't slept in a day some of us two days." He says looking to Daryl.
We nod in agreement. Except I know that I will never be able to get to sleep.

An hour has passed and Abbie has arrived back and shes in bed now. I keep twisting and turning in bed. I can't sleep. I get out of bed and open the door to the hallway. It's silent, dark and cold. I rush back inside to grab my tourch and return to the hall. I walk down it turning on my flashlight when I passed everyones doors. I come to a staircase and I go downstair. I follow the path that Dawn had brought us up here on. It brings me to the reception.
I have to see her.
I tiptoe passed the swinging doors and down the hallway until I come to the door with the other hallway full of coats and mask. I ignore them and walk straight down to Madisons window room. But instead of going into that door I move to the next. I open the door and enter a large and silent room. Madison lies like a stick on the bed, covered in the previous blood. A small, dim light shines on her. I start to move towards her until i'm grabbed by the face and dragged from the room.
I'm pushed against a wall outside.
"What part of relitives only don't you understand boy!" Dawn whispers threatening me.
"The relitives only part." I spit.
"Not even a few hour here and you've already broken a rule." He spits discusted.
"Are you tryin' to get somebody killed?" She sneers.
"I wanted to see my girlfriend." I answer.
"Awww, isn't that cute. Guess what sunshine? I couldn't give a shit what you want to see. I have cameras crawling this place. Try it again and you will be punished severly." She whispers into my ear.
I shove her off me and she stumbles back but regains her balence quickly shoving a gun in my face.
"Thats no way to treat a lady." She spits.
"No, it's not. So tell me if you see one, okay?" I smirk.
Her face turns a shade of red and her hands shake with rage. She shoves the barrel of the gun into my forehead.
I laugh "Do it! Go on, do it. I dare ya." I laugh. She says nothing but she lowers her gun and puts it in her holster.
I don't know she slaps me across the face until I feel the slight sting.
"You can't. You can't shoot me, Can you? Because you know that my family would kill you and everyone here. Also you should know that the leader Rick. I'm his son. Which would mean if anything happened to me you would be held responsible and he would kill you in the most brutal way you could ever dream of. Same goes for my sister Judith. Madison and her sister Abbie also included. I can tell you before my dad does that your rules are gonna change around here. Our people are more experianced and more powerful than all of your people put together. You intimidate people by the amount of people you have here and you use the best machinery you got. But the truth is  your people don't know shit." I say through my teeth. Each second she cowards away slightly. Then she straightens up.
"My people may not know anything but I do. Who's to say you couldn't 'accidentaly' die right now. I do have you alone." She smirks.
"You just told me that this place is crawling with cameras. It wouldn't be that hard for my dad to find out what happened." I tell her.
I turn on my heel and walk down the hall, returning to my room.
"You better watch your back, boy." She yells. I laugh because she has no idea what we are capable of.
"Back at ya Dawn."