Chapter 72.

MADISON'S POV.

Nothing makes sense at first, and I can't concentrate past the irritating ringing in my ears. I struggle to open my eyes to. I desperately want to know where I am, who's with me, what that fucking ringing is !

But I feel paralysed. I try to move my fingers but nothing happens. Fear quickly sets in.
Why can't I move ?!.
What's happened to me?

I can't move or open my eyes or even open my mouth to call for help so instead I focus on my breathing and the sound of my own pulse in my ears. I'm not sure how long I wait here for until the ringing finally, gradually fades to a stop. I feel a tingling in my fingers and now I find that I can move them slightly.

A quickly become aware of a new sound, a beeping sound that matches the pulse in my ears. The sound struggles to keep its rhythm even. I scrunch my eyes and open them slowly, wincing at the bright, blinding light above me. When my eyes adjust to the light I tilt my head to look around.

I reach up instinctively shove the light away from my face I jump when I hear it crash to the ground. I glance at the machine next to my head and groan in annoyance. The beeping still hasn't stopped. My eyes follow the tubes connecting the machine to me and without a second thought I rip them from my arms. The machine wails an annoying flatlining beep. I know better than to knock this one over, that would be a waste. Instead I click every button on it until switches off.

Finally it does and I allow myself to enjoy the silence. I ignore the pain that rips through me as I try to sit up. I pant loudly and look around for help but I'm alone. I feel something on my face. Another tube, under my nose, helping me to breathe. I pull it out and throw it on the ground, frustrated.

I put together that I'm in a hospital bed and when I throw the sheets off me i find myself covered by a blue hospital gown I lift my head to see i'm lying on a bed in a blue hospital gown. I know I should be more concerned about not remembering putting it on or who must have changed my clothes but all I can think about is the pain that aches from every part of my body. Enough pain to make tears spring to my eyes.

Don't cry Madison! Don't cry! You've got this.
Find the others. Find Abbie. Find Carl. Find Maggie. Find Rick. Find them all.
I clutch my abdomen as I swing my legs off the bed and allow them to land me safely on the ground, but the sound that escapes my lips sounds unnatural, something between a cry and a wail of pain, it didn't sound like me.

I try to walk but I'm tangled in more tubes.
"UGH !" I cry, frustrated. I can't take much more of this shit. I look to where i'm hooked up to now. I find two IV's, attached to a pole. Right next to it is a portable table, which holds a little dish with a large syringe, a small knife and other instruments sitting inside it.

I grit my teeth and finally allow myself to cry as I pull both IVs out.
"Abbie!" I try to call but my voice is hoarse and it comes out as a croak.
My legs give out and I thud to the floor and weakly scramble to my hands and knees.
"Help!" I try to shout but it comes out as barely a whisper.

I lift myself to my feet and use the IV pole to help me cross the room.
"Abbie?" I croak.
"Carl?"

Nothing.
Where is everyone? Why am I here alone? Are they even here?

"ABBIE!" I shout a little louder.
"CARL!"
I look to the corner of the room and I see a small camera pointing at me.
"Hey!" I scream at it furiously.
Suddenly the door is busted open. A woman comes in breathless.
I instinctively reach behind me for my bow and arrow but my hands grasp nothing but the air.

"I came as soon as I heard you were awake." The woman pants.
I take a moment to assess if this woman is a treat or not but she isn't holding a weapon. A million questions fling around my head and I struggle what to ask first. Will she even answer my questions?