Chapter 5

CARL's POV.

The others are walking behind me as we get closer to the carts. I notice that there are actually 5 carts in an even line that are lined up behind each other in a verical line.

We stop as we get to the first of the five carts, they are hidden in the trees but they're not completely unnoticeable.
"You guys ready?" Dad asks
Evryone nods.
"Okay then, we'll start from the back and make our way to the top." he adds

We walk slowly with our weapons ready incase someone comes out of the forest/woods and attacks us. I have my handgun and I also have two knifes, one under my shirt,in my waistband of my jeans and the other is strapped to my leg. We reach the bottom cart and thyrese busts the lock off with his axe. Dad slids the door open with his right hand but quickly puts both hands back on his gun so he has a better grip incase anyone attacks him from inside. Abraham and Tyrese enter slowly with my dad and Glenn following after them.
"There's nothin' in here..... well, theres loads of dead bodys but they havn't turned. Someone must have killed them before they knew what was coming..... while they were living." Glenn explains

The same is in the other three carts, except some bodys did turn and they killed them after. Just as we are going to open the last one Eugine speaks up
"Why don't we just leave, we all know that whats in there is the same as the rest of them..... whatevers in there is dead, so theres no point in ev..."
I cut him off
"We're opening it." I say slowly and stiffly through my teeth.
We didn't run all the way here and kill all those men for nothing.
But thats just the thing, there has to be something or someone here, we all know it otherwise we wouldn't have killed all of the men. They deserved to die anyways, they killed people in vicious ways, I could tell because of the knife wounds in their legs or stomachs. I instantly feel guilty that we couldn't have saved them sooner, but there is nothing we can do now.

I almost think I hear a rustling movement from inside the traincart, but i'm distracted by the loud noise thyrese makes when he takes the lock clean off the door. Daryl steps forward, with his crossbow ready, and he slids the door open. Just as he steps into the doorway we hear a massive grunt and a knife comes whizzing past daryl's head just missing him as he stumbles to the ground.