Chapter 4

CARL'S POV.

We've been running for the past half hour and its getting harder to get where we need to go because the person stoped screaming, so we don't have the advantage of knowing how close we're getting to the sound of the screams.

We stopped for a few minutes for people to get their breath back and to take a drink, but mostly so my dad can try and talk me out of it again.

"Carl come on, we don't even know these people. Plus the person stopped screaming ages ago...they're probably dead." my dad says between breaths.
It was harder for him to run, he had to be more careful because he was carrying Judith.
"Not all people are bad" I state and it's true we're not bad people. I mean we've done bad things, everyone has it's how you survive now, but that doesn't mean we're bad people, and I believe that there are still good people somewhere.
"Well then, we better keep going if we want to get there before it's dark" Glenn says.

I'm greatful for his words because it changes my dad's mind and we start to run again, but just as I begin a light jog I see Glenn smile at me to show that he wants to get to this person to. I like Glenn, he doesn't treat me like a child.

Other than Judith I'm the youngest here, i'm only 15, i'll be turning sixteen in a few months though, not that there is a lot to celebrate on your birthday when the world goes to shit.

After about another 10 minutes of flat out running, we come to a break in the forest, only it's not a natural break off. The tree's have all been cut down to small stumps in the ground to clear a massive circle that fits two buildings. one is big and the other is small with blocked off windows, so that nobody can see in or out. There are also a lot of ... traincarts. Traincarts?
Why is there traincarts?
"Not more traincarts." Maggie moans
We all know what she's talking about, we just eacaped from the traincarts in terminus.
I look over at her and see Glenn rubbing her shoulder with his hand, trying to calm her.
"Whoever's in there, they were just like us, so we need to help them." Glenn says to her.

We all see a movement. It's a man carrying something, no wait maybe it's a someone. Another man comes out from the bigger building and walks over to the traincart, he slids over the door, while the first man throws whatever it was into the traincart.
The man who opened the door, then quickly closes the door and swiftly locks it as if he's done it a million times, and both of the men walk back into the bigger building laughing. I feel my blood boil, what if the thing he had been carrying had been the person who screamed ?

"Alright everyone! There are people here, if you still want to go along with this plan to get whatever is in the traincarts out, are all of you ready to fight?" My dad whispers, so the men won't hear us.
Daryl nods at my dad and says
"Just tell us when, Rick."
My dad nods at him.
"Okay so the plan, Daryl and myself will go from here luring the men out, Glenn, Maggie and Carol you go behind the building so if they attack you catch them off guard.
Abraham you look after Eugine make sure he's not killed by the living or the dead.
Tara, Bob, Sasha and Tyreese you look after the perimeter and kill off any walkers than are coming our way. Michonne and Rosita you look after Carl and Judith and take care of any walkers that come your way too. If anything goes wrong we meet back up here. Everyone got it ?"

Everyone nods their heads. I want to complain and tell my dad that I don't need anyone to look after me but I know by now he will just ignore me for the sake of my safety. I know he worries about me.
"Alright you ready Daryl ?" My dad asks
"Lets do this!" He replys
Dad gives me Judith and everyone takes their position.
I prop Judith up against the bottom of a tree trunk and Rosita and Michonne stand either side of her with their backs facing the buildings, looking into the forest, they're looking for any walkers. Judith is safe for the time being. I face my back to them and look towards the two buildings where Daryl and my dad are.

I take out my handgun and point it towards the door where the men are staying. I'm covering for my dad and daryl. My dad has his gun ready to fire and Daryl has his cross bow. Dad lifts his gun and fires at the bigger building. The bullet smashes the upstairs window and the glass falls to the ground. This catches the mens attention and they pile out of the building carrying heavy machinery.

One by one dad, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn and Carol pick them off. I help them to. Three men run towards my dads back and my heart races. I shoot the first man in the stomach and he drops to the ground instantly. I shoot the second man in the shoulder, I missed his head, he staggers for a moment and while he is distracted I shoot him in the head. Maggie stabs the third man in the back with her machete when she sees how close he is to my dad.

When I look back Michonne and Rosita are killing off stray walkers and Judith is screaming her head off, crying. Michonne uses her katana and takes a walkers head clean off its shoulders.
After a while all the men are dead and we all meet up outside the two buildings.

Glenn, Abraham and Tara were about to go into the building but Glenn stops them.
"Hold up, there could be anything in there. Walkers, traps, more people."
"He's right, we'll go find out what's in the traincarts and then we can go in. I'm sure it will be packed with more machine guns and ammo, did you see the kind of wepons they had? That's heavy stuff !" My dad adds
"Alright then, let's go" I say walking forward to the traincarts as Judith who is in Rosita's arms, finally stops crying.

We're gonna have to be quick, that noise surely attracted more walkers. They're probably on their way right now.