Prologue

*Prologue*

It was just a normal concert. The crowd was screaming as loud as the could, as our idols were being their crazy selves on stage. But towards the end of the concert, they went from making all kinds of joke to all seriousness within seconds. The crowd slowly went silent as Harry started speaking. I don't know how, but we all knew something was off about them throughout the night, but we all didn't want to believe it. I guess we had to believe it now.

"Wow, we didn't have to beg you to be quiet." Harry said, trying to make a joke. None of us were laughing.

"No one's laughing." Liam told him in all seriousness.

"Sorry, someone else take over." Harry said quickly.

I think Harry was just trying to break the tension, but was failing epically.

"Okay, since we have your undivided attention, we have something serious to tell you guys." Liam told us.

"So if you can all stay quiet, that would be great." Niall added.

"We can't tell you guys enough how much we love you. Your support has been amazing." Louis said.

I think I knew where this was going, but I didn't want to believe it.

"You were there through everything, especially when Zayn left." Harry added.

Now it's Liam's turn to speak again, and as soon as Liam put the microphone to his mouth, the Louis, Niall, and Harry's eyes started watering.

"But unfortunately tonight is the last One Direction concert we are giving as a band." Liam said through the tears he was trying to hold back.

The stadium went from the occasional whisper to dead silent very fast. I think we were all expecting this, but none of us wanted to believe it.

"This was the hardest decision we have ever had to make. So, please respect our decision." Niall explained shakily.

"We have one more song to sing for you tonight." Louis said through his tears that were streaming down his face.

"This is the last song we will ever sing as One Direction, so please sit back and enjoy it." Harry told everyone with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"We love you." All four of them said in unison.

As soon as the music started playing, we all started crying. And once Niall sang the first lyric, we all started crying harder.

"[Niall]

Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight?

Who's gonna be the first one to fall asleep at night?

[Louis]

Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?

Who's gonna be the last one to forget this place?"

As Louis sang those to lyrics, he was struggling to hold back his tears, while Niall, Liam, and Harry weren't afraid to let them fall.

Liam was going to take the next part, but as soon as he opened his mouth, a very familiar, unexpected voice took over as the owner came forward.

"[Zayn]

We keep taking turns

Will we ever learn"

The boys looked surprised for a second, but continued with the song. But the crowd went wild through our tears. We were happy that for the last song the boys would ever sing, would be with one of their best friends.

"[All]

Ooh the spaces between us keep getting deeper

It's harder to reach ya even though I try

Spaces between us hold all our secrets

Leaving us speechless and I don't know why

[Niall]

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye

[Liam]

Who's gonna be the first to compromise?

Who's gonna be the first one to set it all on fire?

[Louis]

Who's gonna be the last one to drive away?

Forgetting every single promise we ever made

[All]

Ooh the spaces between us keep getting deeper

It's harder to reach ya even though I've tried

Spaces between us, hold our secrets

Leaving us speechless an I don't know why

[Liam]

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

[Zayn]

We keep taking turns

Will we ever learn

When will we learn"

Every time Zayn sings his part, we all sob a little harder and cheer a little louder.

"[All]

Ooh the spaces between us keep getting deeper

It's harder to reach ya even though I've tried

Spaces between us, hold our secrets

Leaving us speechless and I don't know why

[Harry]

Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye?

(The spaces between us

The spaces between us

The spaces between us)"

As soon as the song ended, we cheered as loud as could for as long as we could for about fifteen minutes. Soon we were all silent again and they started speaking.

"I'm Liam Payne,"

"I'm Louis Tomlinson,"

"I'm Harry Styles,"

"I'm Niall Horan,"

"I'm Zayn Malik."

"And we're One Direction." They all said in unison, even Zayn, before the lights went out, leaving the stadium pitch black.

When the lights went on a couple of minutes later, all five of them were gone, leaving us in the stadium. We all stayed in the stadium for about two hours after the show, sobbing and comforting each other. Unfortunately after the two hours were up, security told us that we had to go. It took us all a few minutes, but we all eventually filed out of the stadium and back to our homes, where we would mourn the ending of our favorite band and our idols.

That was the last day I was ever happy.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys like the prologue!

Please comment and tell me how it is.

I will not be posting chapter 1 until I get at least 5 comments.