Finding Liam

*Chapter 13: Finding Liam*

*Simon's POV*

*10 minutes later*

"You ready?" Ariel asked as she walked into the living area.

"Yes, for 20 minutes actually." I say as I put down my newspaper.

"Oh shush." She said as we walked off the bus.

"We'll be back later." I told Paul, Louis, and Niall.

"Okay. Do you have any idea of when you are going to be back?" Paul asked.

"No, I do not. It all depends on how well Liam reacts." I replied as Paul just nodded.

I walked off the bus to find a confused look on Ariel's face.

"Uh, Simon, we're in the middle of nowhere. Where exactly are we looking for him?" Ariel asked with a confused tone.

"Just a couple of blocks this way." I said as I started to walk towards the back of the bus.

"Blocks?" Ariel asked in total confusion.

"Just follow." I replied.

*15 minutes later*

"We're here." I told Ariel.

"Finally." She said in relief, while breathing heavily.

"That was not a far walk at all. Why are breathing heavily?" I asked in confusion.

"Listen, this is the most exercise I have done in three years. Cut me some slack." Ariel replied.

I just shook my head as I followed Simon up to the front door.

"Okay, I'm nervous again." I whispered as Ariel just chuckled.

I finally rung the doorbell after waiting a few seconds.

"To be honest, I'm kind of nervous too." Ariel confessed, making me laugh lightly.

We waited about five minutes, until the one and only Liam James Payne opened the door and too be honest, this is not the way I expected him to look. It looks like he hasn't changed in days, he smells like he hasn't showered in 3 years, and he hasn't shaven. To be honest, he looks a total wreck.

"Liam?" Ariel asks in confusion. Obviously it took her a second to realize that this was Liam Payne.

"Do I know you?" Liam said rudely.

"Hey, watch it." I snapped.

He looked at me with this look in his eye that I couldn't make out, but it definitely not joy. To be honest, I think it was the complete opposite.

"What are you doing here?" Liam asked, again with the attitude.

"I'm here to take you with us." I told him. Then I quickly added, "And you better watch your attitude with me."

"Well, isn't that just too bad. I'm not coming with you." Liam said with slight attitude, before he shut the door.

"Well, now what?" Ariel said, sounding defeated.

"Now we call Paul to drag his butt out of that house." I said as I walked down to the sidewalk, pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"That's one way of getting him to come." Ariel said as she followed me.

I quickly dialed Paul's number, hoping he would answer.

"Hello." Paul said from the other side of the line.

"Hey Paul, it's Simon. I need your help down here." I told him.

"What's the matter?" Paul asked in concern.