The Interview Part 1

*Chapter 48: The Interview Part 1*

*Simon's POV*

"Everyone please help me welcome to the stage our special guest today, Mr. Simon Cowell." I heard the interviewer say as the crew member shoved a mic towards me and pushed me out on stage.

Well, here goes nothing.

I walked out stage and waved to the crowd, who was cheering very loudly. As soon as the crowd calmed down, the interviewer and I took our seats.

"So, Simon, I heard that you have been taking some time off these past few months is that true?" She asked.

"Actually no, it's not. Although I was laying low, I have been working with this new band for these past few months." I replied, careful not to spoil the surprise.

The crowd cheered as soon as I was done replying. Once the crowd died down, the interviewer continued.

"Really? A new band. Is it the same band that's going to be performing in a few moments?" She asked.

"Yes, it is." I replied.

"So what's the name of this new top secret band?" The interviewer asked.

"Actually, that's a surprise." I told her.

"What? You can't spare the name of the band?" She asked, trying to pull the name out of me.

"No, I promised the band that I wouldn't spoil their surprise. I promise you they'll share the band name once they're out here." Simon replied.

"Are you sure you can't give us a hint?" The interviewer asked.

"Their song choice is as close to a hint as you're going to get?" I told her.

"Oh, they're doing a cover?" She asked.

Wow, she's really pressing for answers.

"Sort of." I replied.

"Is it a popular song?" She asked.

"I don't know. You're going to have to wait and see." I replied with smile.

She thought she was going to break me.

"So one more question for you before we get to the special guest performance." She said.

"Okay." I replied.

"We know that the anniversary of the formation of the band One Direction is today. The fans wanted to know if you have been in any contact with the boys since they broke up?" She asked.

Oh. My. God. I forgot that was today. Well, everything happens for a reason, right? You form a band one day. Then a few years later you bringing them back together for their first time on TV in years to announce the rest of their reunion tour on the same exact day. What are the chances of that?

"Simon, are you okay?" The interviewer asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"Because you went pale." She replied.

"Oh," Was all that came out of my mouth.

"So, have you had contact with the boys?" She asked again.

"In the beginning I had contact with each of the boys, but eventually they fell off the face of the planet." I replied.

"So you haven't heard from them since?" She asked.

"Nope." I lied.

"Wow, I can't believe it. You have a relationship with someone. Then once they're done with you, you cut all ties with them. Crazy." She stated, leaving the awkward right out in the open.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly.

Feeling the awkward, the interviewer continued.

"So how about we bring out this band of yours?" She stated in a form of a question.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea." I replied.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Simon's new band, making their debut for the first time on television." The interviewer said before everyone was focused on the stage next to us.

As I waited for the music to start, I sat anxiously in my seat, watching the curtain, knowing that the boys were standing behind it at this very moment.

The music started playing a moment later and the soft whispers that once filled the room immediately stopped. The room was dead silent. Not a person spoke a word as the curtains opened to reveal the four people I was waiting for. I looked out into the audience, everyone was dead silent, but tears were welling up in their eyes. They have no idea what's coming for them. in just a few moments, when Zayn makes his big entrance.

"[Niall]

I figured it out
I figured it out from black and white
Seconds and hours
Maybe they had to take some time

[Liam]

I know how it goes
I know how it goes for wrong and right
Silence and sound
Did they ever hold each other
Tight like us?
Did they ever fight like us?"

At this point in the performance, the audience was in full on sobs as they sang along with the boys. They all are smiling wide as the tears run down their cheeks.

"[Harry]

You & I
We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You & I
Oh, you & I"

The boys look at each other for a quick moment, knowing that it's Zayn's part. But Liam nodded, knowing that Zayn can't come out yet.

"[Liam]

I figured it out
Saw the mistakes of up and down
Meet in the middle
There's always room for common ground"

I looked to the audience. They looked hurt that Zayn wasn't out on stage. But they seemed to be enjoying the other four. Soon. Soon they will be satisfied.

"[Louis]

I see what it's like
I see what it's like for day and night
Never together
'Cause they see things in a different light
Like us
They never tried like us

[Harry]

You & I
We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between
You & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us"

And here it comes the moment we've all been waiting for.

"[Zayn]

'Cause you & I

[All]

We don't want to be like them
We can make it 'til the end
Nothing can come between you & I
Not even the gods above
Could separate the two of us
No, nothing can come between
You & I"

As soon as Zayn hit his high note, the whole audience went silent. They all paled as the tears flowed even harder. Even the interviewer was crying.

"[Zayn]

You & I

[Harry]

Oh, you & I [x2]

[Zayn]

We can make it if we try
You & I

[Harry]

Oh, you & I
You & I"

As soon as the boys finished their song, the room was dead silent for only a moment before the crowd erupted into loud screams. They were cheering through their tears, causing the boys to smile from ear to ear. Even Liam was genuinely smiling. I knew from that moment on that the boys would be having an even better time on this tour now that the world knows that they are alive and well.