An Unexpected Surprise and a Surprise for Niall

*Chapter 9: An Unexpected Surprise and a Surprise for Niall*

*Ariel's POV*

"So what'd you guys need to talk about?" Niall asked us, as if everything was normal.

"I think I need to sit down." Simon said as he made his way over to the couch.

"Me too." I said in disbelief as I followed Simon.

"Everything okay?" Niall asked as he handed us our glasses of water.

Simon took a big gulp of his water before replying.

"Um, " Simon started, but he couldn't find the right words.

Just as Niall was about to speak, a little voice interrupted.

"Daddy, who are they?" The little girl asked, hugging her fathers leg.

Simon and I immediately spit out his water that we were currently drinking, not expecting the statement.

"Oh," Niall said in sudden realization. "That's why you're acting funny."

Simon and I nodded slowly as Niall pick up his daughter.

"Simon and person who's name I still don't know, this is my daughter, Amanda. Amanda this daddy's friend Simon." Niall introduced.

"Hi," She waved happily as we mumbled a hello.

"Amanda, honey, why don't you go look for grandma in the kitchen." Niall said as he put down his daughter.

"Okay daddy." She replied as she ran out of the room, looking for Mrs. Horan.

Niall opened his mouth to speak, but Simon hushed him by holding up his hand.

"You have a daughter?" Simon asked in disbelief.

"Yes," Niall replied with a big sigh.

"Since when?" I asked in disbelief.

"Who are you?" Niall asked me in confusion.

"Just answer the question. She'll answer yours in a minute." Simon said firmly.

"Two years ago." Niall said.

"Well, that definitely hit me like a brick wall. How about you?" Simon asked.

"Yup. Definitely like a brick wall." I answered.

"Are you going to answer my question. I just answered yours." Niall complained.

"My name is Ariel Jones. One Direction fan." I replied shaking his hand.

Niall's eyes suddenly went wide, but then went back to normal after a second.

"Nice to meet you." Niall said with a slight smile.

"You too." I replied also with a slight smile.

"So you guys never really told me you guys were here in the first place." Niall said.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot about that." Simon said before he continued to explain, "So I had an idea of getting the band together for one last reunion tour."

"What?" Niall said in confusion.

"I know for a fact that you heard me." Simon told him.

"Are you serious?" Niall asked in disbelief.

"Yup." Simon replied, popping the 'p'.

Niall's face showed some excitement, but then suddenly dropped.

"I don't think I can go." Niall said sadly.

"Why not?" Simon asked.

"I'm a single father." Niall replied.