The News

*Chapter 43: The News*

*Harry's POV*

*The Next Day*

"Everyone wake up and get to the living area now!" Simon yelled at us.

"You too Liam!" Paul yelled a moment later.

All of us groaned and got out of bed.

"It's 5:00 in the morning. What could he possibly want from us at 5:00 in the morning." Zayn complained as he got out of his bunk.

"Good, you're all up." Simon said cheerfully.

"Yeah, after someone decided to wake us up at 5:00 in the morning." Zayn complained.

"Why? Why must you wake us up this early in the morning?" Louis asked.

"Because tonight's show night." Simon said happily.

"Yeah, but you never woke us up this early before when we have a 7:00 pm show." I said very unhappily.

"Well, there's another reason why Simon woke you up this early." Paul told us.

"For the millionth time, why did you wake us up this early and when can we go back to bed?" Aubrey said grumpily.

"I am answering that question now. As for the second question, I don't think you're going to want to sleep after I tell you this." Simon explained.

"Simon, for the love of Pete, just tell us why we are up at this hour of the morning." Ariel asked in annoyance.

"Okay, okay, I'm answering it now. Pipe down." Simon said before continuing on. "As you know, we've been telling the fans to keep this tour a secret."

"Yeah, we know." Louis said.

"And as you know, only Niall's parents know about this tour and have gladly kept it a secret." Simon continued.

"Yeah," Niall said in a tone that sounded like a mix of confusion and like he was telling him to go on.

"Well, tomorrow night, you lot are going to have dinner with your parents all together to surprise them. And then you all are going to have an interview on a late night television show." Simon announced happily.

"WHAT?!" Me, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and even Liam screamed immediately, fully waking up instantly.

"I thought we were keeping this a secret."

"I thought weren't telling anyone until after the tour was over."

"What the heck Simon? Way to blow our cover."

"What were you thinking? What happened to surprising the fans? What happened to the reunion tour?"

"Okay, you guys need to stop talking and talk a breath. I didn't tell your parents, with exception of Niall's, what was going on. I just told them that I was flying them out here because I felt like we needed to catch up. So they have no idea what's going on. As for the late night, they think I'm coming as the special guest. Little do they know you will be getting an interview and performing." Simon explained.

We all stayed quiet for a moment before Ariel spoke up.

"Question." Ariel said.

"Shoot." Simon replied.

"If this was a meeting for the boys, then why did Aubrey and I have to join?" Ariel asked.

"Just wanted to give you the heads up." Simon replied.

"Great. Now that we have the heads up, can we go to bed now?" Ariel asked.

"Yeah." Simon replied.

Ariel and Aubrey were up and out of here as soon as Simon spoke. I have never seen someone so happy to go to bed in my life.

"So, our parents are coming tomorrow night?" Zayn asked, breaking another moment of silence.

"Yup. They're plane gets in at around the time the concert starts tonight." Paul replied.

"Wanted them to have a full nights rest. Didn't want to rush them off to a dinner as soon as they got off the plane." Simon added.

"So we're going to be reuniting with our families and telling what we have been doing for these past few months?" I asked.

"And then we're going to a late night show, where we're going to get interviewed and perform?" Louis added.

"Pretty much." Paul replied.

All of us sat there for a moment, processing the news. Then, out of nowhere, all of us looked at each other and grinned.

"I'm taking that as a good sign." Simon said to Paul.

"Me too. I thought it was going to go a lot worse." Paul told him.

"So did I." Simon replied.

"On that note, I'm going back to bed. See you lot later." Paul said before getting up and going to the back of the bus, all of us following slowly behind.

As I lay in my bed, all I can think about is my family and how much I can't wait to see them. I haven't seen them in ages.