Checking In on Liam

*Chapter 72: Checking In on Liam*

*Ariel's POV*

*The Next Day*

"So are you mad at me and Simon for surprising you?" I asked.

The boys, with the exception of Liam, Aubrey, Paul, Simon, Amanda, Kayla, and I were all out in the front of the bus relaxing. Apparently it was a longer ride to the next venue than we'd expected, so the bus driver stopped in the middle of the night and rested before we continued on our journey.

"I was at first. But now I'm okay with it." Niall said as he put his arm around Kayla. That quickly earned him a look before he removed his arm. Guess they're still working things out.

"Good, because Simon didn't tell me until she was already on her way here." I stated.

Everyone just looked at Simon.

"Hey, I was feeling excited and scared all at the same time. I needed to tell someone before I exploded." Simon explained. But I knew that was partially true. He was planning on surprising Niall all along. He just moved up the surprise.

"Well, I think I'm going to see what Liam's up to." I said before getting up and walked towards the bunks.

Once I reached Liam's bunk, I found him playing on his phone with his head phones in. So I climbed in and snuggled right up next to him, causing him to jump.

"Oh my gosh Ariel! You scared me!' He said, pulling out his head phones.

"Sorry." I said while chuckling.

"Hey, it's not funny." He said as he playfully pouted.

"I know it's not." I said jokingly as I gave him a small kiss on the lips.

"So what's up?" He asked.

"Nothing. Can I come hang out with my boyfriend?" I said.

"Oh, so I'm your boyfriend now?" He said. wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh shut it. I know we're not official or anything. It just slipped." I said, embarrassed at what I had just said.

"Then why don't we make it official?" Liam asked.

"What?" I said in confusion.

"Ariel Jones, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me, which made me smile from ear to ear.

"Yes." I said before giving him a long kiss on the lips.

After about 5 minutes of just laying there, I finally decided to speak up.

"Liam, can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yeah, anything." He replied.

"Why don't you come out with the rest of the group?" I asked.

"I feel like someone already asked me this question, but you already know the answer the question." Liam replied.

"Then why don't you start hanging out with the rest of the group? I think everyone will enjoy it. Plus I think it will help." I told him.

"I don't know." He said warily.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I asked.

"I know you said that everyone will enjoy it, but I don't know. If they really want me to come hang out with them they would come back here and tell me." Liam told me.

"You know, almost every night since the interview, the boys and I would stay up after Paul and Simon go to bed. Niall would put Amanda to bed and we stay up for hours just talking. And you know what they ask me every night?" I tell him.

"What?" He asks.

"They ask me why you never want to hang out with them. They understand that you're not yourself, but they want to help. They always ask me when you're going to come off your bunk and come hang out. They told me they want to help you, but they don't know how they can help you if you don't let them. Liam, I know it's difficult for you, but you have to let them in at some point. And I think sitting out in the living room will be a start." I explained.

Liam didn't say anything for a little bit, but when he did, I was slightly hurt.

"Can I be alone for awhile?" He asked gloomily.

I don't know if I made him worse or not, but I'm really worried about him.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

I kissed him on the cheek before I left the bunk and went back to join the others. I really, really hope he's okay.