The Walk and the Fight

*Chapter 45: The Walk and the Fight*

*Niall's POV*

As Paul and the boys mothers fought, I whispered to Ariel to keep an eye on Amanda for awhile and I snuck off the bus. I know the boys mothers mean well, but I didn't appreciate being put on the spot.

As I'm walking away from the bus, an unexpected individual appeared next to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

No response.

"Of course, you don't talk." I said.

"One more comment, I'm dragging you right back on that bus." Liam threatened.

I just stopped for a second in shock. Since we've been on tour, Liam hasn't really spoken to any of the boys.

"Yes, I speak. Now are going to get out of sight of the bus, or are you going to let them find us standing out here?" Liam said firmly.

I didn't speak. I just started walking as I stared at with a look that was a mixture of shocked and confused.

"So," I said awkwardly after about five minutes of walking.

"So," Liam repeated.

"How have you been?" I asked, trying to break the silence/

"The better question is, how are you doing?" Liam answered with a question.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"You were just getting grilled in there by the boys moms, including mine. How are you doing?" Liam asked.

"I don't know." I replied.

"What do you mean you don't know? You looked like you were about to cry back there." Liam stated.

"Okay, fine. Maybe I was a little upset about the whole situation." I said.

"A little?" Liam asked.

"Okay, maybe a lot." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell them the truth right then and there?" Liam asked.

"You were there, I was getting questions at a thousand miles an hour." I replied.

"So you let them question you and Kayla's relationship?" Liam asked.

"No." I mumbled.

"Well it kind of looked like it to me. And it kind of looks like you just left your girlfriend in there to get roasted even more by our families." Liam explained.

"She'll understand." I said.

"Will she?" Liam asked.

"Was the purpose of you coming on this walk with me to question my every move?" I asked him.

"No." Liam replied simply.

"Then what was the purpose?" I asked.

"Because, I'm you're friend and I wanted to make sure that you were okay." Liam responded.

The two of us didn't say anything for a minute. We were just letting the words sink in.

"Plus I haven't really spent much time with you lately and thought it'd be nice to hang out." Liam added.

Liam and I walked for about another ten minutes without saying anything. To be completely honest, I didn't know what to say. We haven't seen each other for so long that it feels like we don't really know each other anymore.

"So, how do you feel about this whole reunion tour?" Liam asks, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"I think it's a good way for our fans to get closure. For us to get closure. How do you feel about it?" I asked.