After the Concert

*Chapter 82: After the Concert*

*Ariel's POV*

*After the concert*

"So what did you think of the concert?" I asked the families and Kayla as we waited for the boys to come off stage.

"It was amazing." Mrs. Horan said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Do you think he made the right decision in coming?" I asked Mrs. Horan, remembering how worried she was when we picked him up.

"Definitely." She replied.

"What did the rest of you guys think?" I asked them.

"Honestly, it was truly amazing." Mr. Styles states.

"They all finally looked happy, especially Liam." Mrs. Malik said.

"They all were beaming. I haven't seen Liam smile and laugh like that in a very long time. It was very touching." Mrs. Payne said with a smile.

I smiled and opened my mouth to speak, but before I could get a word in the door shot open and five boys came tumbling in, looking around the room in amazement and shock.

"Told you." Liam said with a smile.

Liam immediately ran to his mother and gave her the biggest hug imaginable. Watching that was truly heartwarming.

*Liam's POV*

"Our families are here." I said as soon as we got off stage.

"What?" All of them said in disbelief.

"It's true." I said.

"Why would they be here? The last time we saw them, there was a huge fight and Paul threw them out." Zayn said.

"It's true. Kayla's here too." I said and before Niall could deny anything I continued to speak. "And don't even tell me you didn't see here because I saw you singing to her during one of our songs."

All of this sunk into their minds before they started making a break for it to the dressing room. Once we reached the dressing room, we flung open door and tumbled into the room.

"Told you." I said with a smile. And not too long after that I waked over to my mom and gave her the biggest hug imaginable.

"I'm so proud of you." She whispered into my ear and I can tell she was crying.

"I am too." Was all I said before we let go of our embrace. And by that time the boys were saying hello to their families.

"Good, you're all together." Simon said as he Paul and Aubrey came into the room.

"Wait, the boys families are here?" Paul and Aubrey said in unison in a very confused tone.

"Yeah, me and Ariel have known for months. Get with the program." Simon said as if they were supposed to know that, but we all knew he was joking, which caused us to laugh.

"So, boys, Niall and Kayla already worked things out months ago, but now it's time to clear the air with your families." Simon said.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"You know exactly what I mean." Simon replied and a sudden realization came upon his face.

"Listen, boys we just wanted to apologize for the way we acted the last time we visited. It was totally uncalled for. We should have never assumed anything or pointed fingers at anyone. It was wrong of us and we are truly sorry." Mrs. Horan told us boys.

"I think I can speak for the rest of the boys when I say it's alright. I made some mistakes that night too, so it's nothing to worry about." Niall said after a moment of silence and all of the families smiled in response.

"Great, now that that's taken care of, can we go get something to eat. I'm starving." Niall said, which caused us all to laugh.

"You boys go have fun with your families, the rest of us will be back on the bus." Simon told us.

"What do you mean you guys are going back to the bus? Aren't you guys coming with us?" Louis asked in confusion.

"We figured we give you some time to spend with your families." Paul said.

"But we want you to come." Harry said in a slightly sad tone.

Looking around, the rest of the boys and I know for a fact that we want them to come, but the parents look like they're unsure. I know they want to spend time with us alone, but they need to get over it. For the past several months they were our family.

"Really? Because your families faces say otherwise." Ariel said.

"Sorry guys, we just want to spend some quality time with you guys." Mr. Horan said.

"Well if they're not going then we're not going." Niall said and we all nodded in response.

"What do you mean you guys aren't going. You have too. It was your last concert ever. We need to celebrate." Mom said.

"Exactly. It is our was our last concert and we need to celebrate with everyone. So you guys need to get over it. There will be plenty of times when we get to spend quality time with each other. But for the last several months, they were our family and they still are. So either they come with us or none of us go at all." I told the group.

I looked around and there were not only tears in my parents eyes but Simons, Pauls, Ariels, and Aubreys.

"Fine. They get to come." Mr. Styles said, finally giving in and we all cheered.

That night was one of he best nights of my life. We all sat around at some restaurant for hours on end, sharing memories or funny stories. Some from the tour, some from back then. We sat around laughing and talking and have a wonderful time. If you told me several months ago that I would be reunited with my four best friends traveling around the world on a reunion tour, then I'd probably think you were nuts. Heck if Ariel and Liam never came to the door all those months ago, then I would still be locked up in my house. I am so grateful that they showed up at my door. Without them, I wouldn't have gotten the support I needed to become my old self again. It is because of them, I finally got the closure I needed.