The Phone Call

---Recap---

Angry, I exited the restaurant. At first I was just going to stand outside to get some fresh air. But I decided that I needed to clear my head and went for a walk. I don't know how long I was walking for or where I even was. But I know that as soon as I crossed the street to head back to the restaurant, I saw bright lights and then darkness.

---End of Recap---

*Chapter 62: The Phone Call*

*Simon's POV*

*Back at the Restaurant*

After Ariel stormed off, I was very angry at both the boys and Ariel for causing a scene and fighting over something very silly. I told the boys that I would have a talk with the five of them, as well as Ariel once we get back to the bus. They all knew that they messed up. They can always tell when they've messed up because they can always see the disappointment in my face. Anyway, I was going to pay the bill, when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took out my phone  and looked at the caller ID. It was Ariel.

"Ariel, I hope you're out front because we're just paying the bill." I stated as I gave the waiter the check.

"Is this Mr. Simon Cowell." Someone, who was not Ariel, answered, ignoring my last comment.

"Yes it is. May I ask who's calling?" I asked in confusion.

I think the boys and Aubrey heard my confusion as well because they looked up from whatever they were doing and looked straight at me.

"This is Officer Rodriguez. I am calling on the behalf of Ariel. You were the last person she called." Officer Rodriguez stated.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, trying not to ask if everything was okay with Ariel, because I knew that would worry the boys and Aubrey, especially Liam.

"I'm afraid not. Ariel was hit by a car while crossing the street. She's is being rushed to the local hospital." Officer Rodriguez explained.

"And what is the condition?" Again, being careful with my words. 

"She's was in critical condition on scene. Unfortunately I do not any more information. The doctors will have more information once you get to the hospital." Officer Rodriguez replied.

"And where will you be bringing her things?" I asked.

"I will be driving her cell phone along with her purse to the hospital once we hang up." Officer Rodriguez replied.

"Okay, thank you." I said before hanging up the phone. That's when I went pale.

"Simon, is everything okay?" Zayn asked with concern.

"Um, I don't know." I said as I stood up.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Harry asked nervously.

"Listen, I don't really have time for questions. I'm going to have the limo driver leave you off at the bus. I have to go meet up with someone." I told them.

"Well, what about Ariel?" Aubrey asked.

"Don't worry about her. Just get to the limo, please. I'll explain everything later." I begged.

Sensing that my tone was probably a mixture of urgency and panic, everyone immediately got up and left the table and made their way to the limo.

Within minutes we were at the bus. As soon as the door closed, the limo was off again this time it was on its way to the hospital.

*At the Hospital*

"Hi, I'm here to see Ariel." I said as soon as I got to the nurses station, not even giving the nurse a chance to look up.

"Hold on." She said as she typed away on her computer. A moment later she replied. "She's in surgery right now, but the doctor will be out as soon as he's done to update you."

Again, I felt myself go pale.

"Did the officer bring her belongings?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll have a nurse bring it out to you." I nodded and headed to the waiting. A few moments later Ariel's belongings were handed to me.

I really hope she's going to make it.

*3 Hours Later*

It has been three hours since I arrived at the hospital and no one has told me anything about Ariel's condition. Everyone back at the bus is probably wondering where Ariel and I are. (In case you were wondering, I haven't told them anything about Ariel yet. I was waiting to get an update on her condition.)

"Excuse me, are you with Ariel?" A doctor said to me, shaking me from my thoughts.

"Yes. How is she doing?" I said with concern, as I stood up from my seat.

"Well, she was in very critical condition when she came in. She had to be rushed into surgery. She did have some complications during surgery. She's stable now, but she's in a coma. Right now we don't know when she'll wake up. But it looks like she'll do just fine." The doctor explained.

It took me a moment to process the doctors words. And after a moment I thanked the doctor. I think I need to call the boys, Aubrey, and Paul.