Late Night Talks and Amanda's First Time Out

*Chapter 32: Late Night Talks and Amanda's First Time Out*

*Ariel's POV*

*Later that night*

By the time the concert was finished and we got back on the bus it was around 2:30 in the morning, so everyone went straight to bed. Well, everyone except me. I couldn't seem to fall asleep, considering I was still thinking about the events from the night before. Since I wasn't able to fall asleep, I made myself comfortable in the TV area of the bus and started watching some TV and awhile later, Liam joined me.

"Well, look who decided to get out of bed other than for a show." I say, trying to stay quiet so I didn't was the others.

"I usually come out her at night when everyone else asleep." Liam replied.

"Oh." Was all that came out of my mouth.

We both fell into an awkward silence before I finally spoke up.

"Do you want to watch some TV?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Um, sure." He replied as he sat down next to me.

"So what's going on with you and Aubrey?" I asked after a few minutes of watching TV, not taking my eyes off of the TV.

"What do you mean?" He asked me, glancing at me quickly before turning his attention back to the TV.

"Well, you obviously like her and it's obvious that Aubrey likes you." I told him.

"No I don't." Liam says, looking down at his feet, while blushing.

"Okay, you obviously like her because you're blushing." I said to him.

"Is it really that obvious?" Liam says, giving in.

"Yeah." I replied.

We stayed quiet for a moment before I spoke up again.

"Why don't you ask her out?" I asked randomly.

"Are you joking?" Liam questioned.

"Absolutely not. Why do you ask such a question?" I said.

"I barley talk to any one. Heck I barely come out of my bunk. The only time I really come out of my bunk is to go to a rehearsal or a concert." Liam explained.

"Well, you've changed since Simon and I first picked you up. Why not change a little more?" I replied.

Liam stayed silent for a few minutes before speaking up.

"I think I'm going to go to bed now." Liam said before getting up and going to the bunk area.

Well that conversation didn't go the way I planned it.

*The next morning*

*At breakfast*

"Daddy, I hungry." Amanda told her father.

"I know sweetheart. I'm making you cereal now." Niall said as he poured the cereal into the bowl along with the milk.

"I don't want cereal. I want pancakes." Amanda whined.

"Daddy doesn't have pancakes. Daddy only has cereal." Niall said in a sweet tone, but I can tell he's annoyed.

You see, Amanda has been acting differently since we first started this tour. Niall does anything and everything for Amanda and I think she's starting to realize that even though she's only three, so I think she is starting to take advantage of Niall.

"I want pancakes now." Amanda demanded.

"Amanda, daddy already told you that he doesn't have pancakes." Simon told her, trying to help Niall out.

"I WANT PANCAKES NOW!" Amanda screamed.

"Amanda lower your voice." Niall warned his daughter.

"NO!" She screamed back.

Wow, I've never seen her disobey her father. I could see the hurt in Niall's eyes for a second before I heard him say something that I never heard him say before, yet I have only known him for a short period of time.

"Amanda Horan, time out." Niall said sternly.

"No." Amanda said daringly.

"Now." Niall said sternly, once again.

"No." Amanda said once again. I think she's testing him.

I can see that Niall was getting angry, but before he could explode on his three year old daughter, Paul picked up Amanda and brought her to her bunk, kicking and screaming. As soon as they were out of the room, Niall immediately bursted out into tears. All of us stared at each other wide eyed, not expecting the sudden outburst.

"You good?" Zayn asked him cautiously, which caused him to cry harder. "I'm going to take that as a no."

"Niall, what's wrong?" Louis asked, his voice full of concern.

After a moment, Niall composed himself and finally responded.

"I've never punished before." Niall said as he wiped his tears away.

"It's alright Niall. It's better that she learns now than later." Simon assured him.

Niall just stayed silent. After a few moments a question popped in my head that I have been meaning to ask Niall, but I decided against it. At least for now anyway. I don't feel comfortable asking him in front of everyone.

"Niall, can I ask you something?" Harry asked suddenly.

"Sure." Niall replied.

"Now, you don't have to reply if you don't want to." Harry said. I have a feeling I know what he's about to ask.

"Harry, what is it?" Niall asked in all seriousness. By this time, Paul was back in the room and Niall had fully recovered from his little outburst.

"What happened to Amanda's mom?" Harry asked that same exact question that I was going to ask in private.