Preparing for the Date

*Chapter 40: Preparing for the Date*

*Ariel's POV*

*A few hours later*

"Can we go back to the bus yet?" Niall whined.

"No." Aubrey and I both said in unison.

"Why? We've been shopping all day." Niall whined once again.

"We have one more store to go in." Ariel replied.

*Louis' POV*

"Hurry up! They're going to be back soon." I said in a panic.

"Louis, calm down. We're going to finish up and be back on the bus before they get back." Zayn assured me.

"I know, but I want everything to be perfect." I replied.

"Why? It's not like you're going on the date." Harry said.

"I know, but Niall hasn't been on one in a few years. He needs this to be perfect." I explained.

Zayn, Harry, and Liam all smiled to themselves leaving me very confused.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing." Zayn replied as I just gave them a confused look again.

"Just finish up. We need to get back." Harry told me.

*Ariel's POV*

*One Hour Later*

"Are we going back to the bus now?" Niall whined as we walked out of the last store.

"Yes." Aubrey replied.

"Finally!" Niall yelled in excitement as he ran off towards the bus.

Aubrey and I just laughed as we followed Niall. After walking for a good 25 minutes, we finally arrived at the bus.

"I'm so tired, I just want to lay down on the couch and watch some TV and spend time with Amanda." Niall said as we entered the bus.

Aubrey and I both gave each other a panicked look, but luckily Harry was there to save the day.

"Actually, you have somewhere to be tonight." Harry said.

"What?" Niall asked in confusion.

"You have somewhere to be tonight." Harry repeated.

"What do you mean I have somewhere to be tonight?" Niall asked in confusion.

"Sorry, can't give you the full details. But wear some of the new clothes you bought today." I told him.

"I can't go out tonight." Niall said in a panic.

"Why?" We all said in unison.

"First of all, I haven't seen my daughter all day. I can't just have Simon and Paul watch them for another few hours." Niall started.

"She's fine with Simon and Paul. They're actually going to get something to eat right now." Zayn replied.

"Okay. Well, I can't just go out and not know where I'm going. I need to know where I'm going first." Niall said, making another excuse.

"Niall, stop worrying. Where you're going is a surprise. You need to stop making excuses and just trust us for once." Louis snapped.

"To be honest you have been very on edge today." Harry added.

But he wasn't wrong. Niall has been very on edge today and it's getting me worried that he might know something.

"Well who am I going out with exactly?" Niall asked.

"Liam, Zayn, Louis, and I are actually going out, sorry." Harry replied.

"And I have to go meet up with a friend." Aubrey replied.

"So I will be taking you." I said.

"Oh, okay." Niall said in a very glum tone.

"Well, I think we should all get ready for our night out." Louis said as we all ran to the back of the bus.

I am really hoping that this plan goes over well. If it doesn't, we're all in trouble.

*A half an hour later*

"Niall lets go! What the heck is taking you so long!" I yelled to Niall, who was still in the back of the bus.

"I changed my mind. I'm not going." Niall called back.

Niall has been refusing to leave the back of the bus for the last ten minutes. I have no idea why he suddenly started refusing, but we're going to be late for his date if he doesn't come out now..

"Niall. Lets Go." I said, starting to get angrily

"No." He said quickly.

"Niall, if you don't come out of that room right now, I'm going to come in there and pull you out myself." I said in a firm tone.

Niall didn't respond. He simply walked out into the TV area in a new outfit we bought today.

"Thank you." I smiled and walked off the bus.

"Did everyone leave already?" Niall asked in confusion

"Yeah, they left fifteen minutes ago." I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh." Niall replied as I climbed into the driver seat of a car that the others had rented.

"Where did this come from?" Niall asked in confusion.

"Just get in. We're already running late." I told him.

It was a twenty minute ride to the park. Luckily Niall didn't ask too many questions. After I parked the car, I handed Niall a pair of blindfolds.

"Here, put these on." I said, handing him to the blindfold.

"Why?" Niall questioned in confusion.

"Just do it." I said.

*Niall's POV*

"Just do it." Ariel told me.

I looked at her with a questionable look, before cautiously taking the blindfold. Everyone has been very sneaky lately and I am not liking it.

"Okay, get out of the car slowly." Ariel said to me when she opened my door. I didn't even hear her get out of the car.

"Okay." I said before slowly getting out of the car.

*10 minutes later*

"My gosh Niall, can you walk without falling." Ariel said in annoyance.

"I'm sorry. I can't really see." I replied.

"I'm leading you. I don't understand how you're falling."  Ariel said with more annoyance.

For the next few minutes we kept bickering, until we finally reached the spot.

"Okay, we're here." Ariel said before slowly stopping me.

"Can I take off my blindfold now?" I whined.

It was silent for a second before Ariel responded.

"Sure, why not." She replied.

I quickly pulled off the blindfold and was caught off guard by what was in front of me.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Hope you guys are liking the story so far.

Tell me how you liked this chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Thanks!