Making up with Kayla

*Chapter 71: Making up with Kayla*

*Niall's POV*

"Kayla wait!" I yelled as soon as I was off the bus.

She was already half way into the taxi by the time I was off the bus.

"Niall it's fine. You made it clear that you don't want me here." She replied.

She was already fully in the car as she replied to me. She was about to close the door, when, luckily, I grabbed the door before she could fully close it. And when she spoke to me, I could tell she's been crying. I could hear it in her voice.

"What do you want Niall?" She asked, clearly annoyed at the fact that I prevented the door from shutting.

"We need to talk." Was all I said.

"Oh, now you want to talk?" She said in a mocking tone, clearly still annoyed with me.

"Come on Kayla. Can we please talk?" I begged.

"Why? So you can yell at me some more? So you can blame me for you being an idiot?" She replied.

"Yeah, I'm an idiot. That's why wee need to talk. So can you please get out of the car so we can actually talk things out." I said, still begging.

She looked at me, searching for an answer. Probably to figure out if I was lying or not. I promise, I'm not.

"Fine." She mumbled before getting out of the taxi.

I quickly grabbed her bags from the back of the taxi before heading back on the bus.

"Listen, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. And I'm sorry for not defending you from the parents. And I'm sorry for just leaving you on the bus to get insulted by them. That was not my intention." I said.

We were finally on the bus, sitting on the couch. She still looks upset with me, but I'm hoping that'll change by the time I'm done apologizing.

"Then why did you? Why did you leave the bus that night? And what gives you the right to stand here and accuse me and get angry with me when you were the one who caused all of this?" She replied with a trace of anger in her voice.

"I left the bus because I was stupid. I didn't like being put on the spot, so I just left to get some air. You're the first relationship I've been in since Amanda's mother. I know that's no excuse, but I needed to clear my head. But when I came back to the bus that night I had every intention of talking to you. Apologizing for how rude our parents were being. But by the time you got back, you were already gone. And to answer your last question, I do not have the right to stand here and get angry with you or accuse you of anything. I had a ton of emotions flowing through me at once and I just snapped." I explained.

Kayla just sat there with a blank expression on her face. I didn't know what she was feeling or if she was going to say anything, so I continued.

"Listen, I know I'm not your biggest fan right now and I know it may not have seemed like it, but I'm happy that Simon and Ariel brought you here. And I know this is a long shot, but if you're willing, I want us to try and work things out. I want to be with you. Though you're the first girl I've been with in awhile and I know that we haven't known each other that long, but I do have feelings for you. I really do love you. And it's okay if you still want to leave. I'm not expecting you to stay, I just needed to get all of that off of my chest." I rambled before I was cut off by Kayla's lips meeting mine.

When she pulled away, I sat there shocked.

"That doesn't mean I forgive you or that we're getting back together just yet. That just means I'll stick around just a little while longer." She stated,

"That's fine with me." I said before giving her a peck on the lips.

"YES!" I heard multiple people scream from the back, causing the both of us.

"Were you guys listening the entire time?" I asked.

"Just a little." Louis said, sticking his head out from behind the curtain, which made the both of us laugh again.

Yeah, I was a little taken back at the fact that Simon and Ariel surprised me with Kayla, but everything worked out in the end. For the first time in my life, I feel like everything is going to be okay.