The Argument

*Chapter 11: The Argument*

*Niall's POV*

"Paul?" Louis and I both question in unison.

Paul just laughed at us as he got up off the couch and walked over to give us a hug.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned after we pulled away.

"I thought Simon already told you that before you got on the bus?" Paul asked.

"Oh yeah." I replied in sudden realization.

"So are you going to be with us the entire tour?" Louis asked.

"Obviously." Paul replied as he chuckled lightly.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but Paul, did you meet Ariel Jones?" Simon asked pointing over to Ariel who was now walking over to the group with my daughter in her hands.

"No I have not." Paul replied.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." Ariel said, shaking Paul's hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Paul replied.

"Ariel here is a very big fan of One Direction. She's the only one besides the rest of us who know about the reunion tour." Simon explained as Paul just nodded his head.

It was completely silent for a minute before someone's phone started ringing. We all searched our pockets until Ariel spoke up.

"It's mine. Niall, should I just set her down on the couch? She's asleep." Ariel asked.

"Yeah, that's fine." I replied.

She set my daughter on the couch and her face went completely pale when she looked at the caller ID.

"Simon, it's Aubrey." She said in a scared tone.

"Well, answer it." Simon said quickly and she immediately answered the phone as she walked to the back of the bus.

"So, who's that?" Paul asked as he was taking a sip of the water he had in his hand.

"That's Amanda." I replied, then continued slowly. "My daughter."

Paul spit out his water all over me, then whisper-yelled, "Daughter!"

*Aubrey's POV*

*At the studio*

"Are you sure about this?" I asked once again, just to make sure.

"Yes I'm sure. Now come on." Emma replied as she dragged me into the lobby of the studio.

"Excuse me ma'am," Emma said to the receptionist as we approached her desk.

"How may I help you?" The receptionist asked, directing her attention towards us.

"We were wondering if an Ariel Jones is working today?" Emma asked.

"One second." The receptionist told us before she typed away on her computer. After a minute she continued, "Sorry, there's no record of an Ariel Jones working here."

"Are you sure?" I asked in a confused tone.

"Yes ma'am. Sorry." She replied.

"It's okay." I told her.

"One more question. Was Simon Cowell here recently?" Emma asked.

"Yes he was. He was here with some girl a couple of days ago." The receptionist replied.

"Do you mind telling me why they were here?" Emma asked.

"Sorry, Simon told me to keep the reason for his visit confidential." The receptionist replied before going back to work.

Emma and I slowly walked out of the studio after that. Once outside, I immediately took out my phone and dialed Ariel's number.

"What are you doing?" Emma asked.

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm calling Ariel." I replied and suddenly a worried expression came across her face.

It took forever for Ariel to answer, but she eventually did.

"Hey Aubrey. What's up?" She asked all innocently.

"Oh, don't hey Aubrey me." I said angrily.

"Woah, why so angry?" Ariel said.

"Where are you?" I questioned.

"I'm in LA. Remember, Simon got me that job in the LA studio." She said.

I honestly can't believe she lied to me.

"I honestly can't believe you just lied to me right now." I said, speaking what I was thinking.

"What are you talking about?" Ariel asked in confusion.

"You're not in LA." I told her.

"What do you mean? Yes I am." Ariel said, lying to me again.

"No you're not Ariel. I'm in LA right now. I'm outside the studio. They told me that they have no record of an Ariel Jones working there." I explained to her with slight anger in my tone.

"Have you spying on me?" Ariel questioned.

"I have not been spying on you. I just have this weird feeling that you and Simon are keeping something from me." I explained.

"So you went all the way to California to give you some answers?" Ariel questioned in disbelief.

"I had to get answers some how. You and Simon haven't been picking up your phones and even if you did pick up your phones you wouldn't give me any answers anyway." I replied.

"Aubrey, what Simon has me doing is none of your business." I told her.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Listen, I have to get back to wor-" Ariel started, but I immediately cut her off.

"The only reason why you have that job is because I kept asking Simon if I could bring you to work, so you could stop moping around the house." I told angrily.

"Trust me, Simon hired me for a totally different reason than the fact that you kept asking him to bring me to work." Ariel replied before hanging up.

"She just hung up on me." I said in disbelief.

"Well, you were kind of rude to her." Emma said.

I forgot she was standing there.

"Oh, shut up." I replied before walking away.

*Louis' POV*

"I'm guessing you told Paul." Ariel said, walking into the room and spotting his pale face.

"Yeah." Niall replied.

"What's wrong?" I asked with concern.

"It's nothing." She replied.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Ariel replied.

Simon started talking about where we were headed to next, but I wasn't paying attention. All I'm thinking about is Ariel. Ever since she hung up with her friend, she looks so stressed out. I'm concerned for her.

"LOUIS!" Niall yelled, causing his daughter to wake up for a second, then going right back to sleep.

"What?" I whined.

"You were zoning." He replied.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"So exactly are we surprising next? I wasn't paying attention." I asked.

"Liam," Niall said, smiling from ear to ear.