The Unexpected Surprise and the Interrogation

*Chapter 44: The Unexpected Surprise and the Interrogation*

*Niall's POV*

"Boys, it's nice to see you again." Mom said with a giant smile on her face.

"No way." We all mumbled in unison.

"Are you boys going to just stand there? Or are you going to come say hello?" Mrs. Styles said, smiling from ear to ear.

Handing Amanda off to Ariel, who had appeared behind me only a few short seconds before, and ran to give my parents a hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" Louis asked with surprise clear in his voice.

"Well Simon and Paul originally wanted you boys to surprise us tomorrow night. That was the original plan. But, when we called Simon and told him that we couldn't wait to see him. That we wanted to have dinner with him tonight instead, but he insisted that we have dinner tomorrow just like we planned. We obviously didn't take no for an answer, so Simon just had to tell us. So instead of Simon keeping the plan you you boys surprising us, him and Paul decided to reverse the plan. They let you boys keep thinking that you were going to surprise us tomorrow night. But in reality, we planned to surprise you on the bus the entire time." Mrs. Payne explained.

"So when you woke us up this morning, you knew that they were going to surprise us?" Zayn asked Simon.

"Actually no. They called around noon." Simon replied.

"Did you know about this?" Louis asked Ariel.

"Only for a couple of hours." Ariel replied.

"Who's this?" Mrs. Malik asked.

"Oh, right. Mom, this is Ariel and her best friend and my girlfriend Aubrey." Zayn replied, with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Girlfriend?" Mrs. Malik questioned, giving his son an approving look.

"And who might this little munchkin be?" Mrs. Styles asked as Amanda hid behind my leg.

I didn't even realize that Ariel had put her down.

I immediately bent down and picked my daughter up.

"Daddy, who are they?" My daughter asked as soon as she was in my arms.

"Daddy?" All of the families said, except for mine.

"Everyone, this is my daughter, Amanda. Amanda these are daddies friends mommies and daddies." I explained.

I didn't get a response, I just got blank looks staring back at me.

"Um, guys, are you okay?" Harry asked with concern.

No response.

"Okay, Niall having a daughter is not that big of a deal. Sure it's a shock, but no need to stare at him with those blank looks." Simon said, speaking up for the first time in awhile.

"Is she the mother?" Mrs. Payne asked, breaking her trance, as she pointed to Kayla.

Wow, I forgot she was even here. Oops.

"Um, no." I mumbled.

"Hey, let's change the subject?" I said in a blunt, but cheerful tone, hoping someone would listen to me.

"But aren't you guys together?" Mrs. Styles asked with confusion.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Hey, Ariel's right. Let's change the subject." Aubrey said, speaking up for the first time tonight.

"Do you guys want to hear about how the tour has been going?" Zayn added, in hopes they would listen to him.

Unfortunately, the questions kept coming

"I don't get it. If you two aren't together, then how is she not the mother?" Mrs. Payne asked.

"OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH!" Paul yelled, finally getting the attention of the room.

"What did you just say?" Mrs. Styles questioned.

"I said that's enough. Can't you see you're making the boy uncomfortable?" Paul told them.

"We just want to know who the girls mother is." Mrs. Malik replied.

"Well maybe he doesn't want to share that information. Maybe it's private." Paul shot back.

As Paul and the boys mothers fought, I whispered to Ariel to keep an eye on Amanda for awhile and I snuck off the bus. I know the boys mothers mean well, but I didn't appreciate being put on the spot.