The Date

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile.

Hope you guys are liking the book so far.

Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Hope you like it.

________________________________________________________________________________

*Chapter 41: The Date*

*Nialls POV*

I quickly pulled off my blindfold quickly and was surprised by the sight in front of me. In front of me was a gazebo that was that was well lit with candles surrounding it. And inside was Kayla, the girl I saw after the concert.

"What's going?" I asked in confusion.

"Well, we know that you haven't dated anyone since Amanda died, so we thought you could use a date." Ariel explained nervously.

"Who's we?" I asked.

"Us." I heard Louis say as he walked out from behind the gazebo with Liam, Harry, and Zayn.

I quickly hugged everyone before joining Kayla in the gazebo.

"You look so beautiful." I told her looking down at my feet as I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." She replied with a smile.

For the next couple of hours, Kayla and I talked and laughed. It was probably the best night I could ever ask for. But unfortunately every good thing has to come to an end.

"It's getting late, we should probably be getting back." I told her.

"It's only 9:30. Couldn't we stay a little bit longer?" Kayla asked, practically begging me.

"I haven't been away from Amanda this long." I said, lying through my teeth.

To be honest, I haven't been on a date since I dated Amanda's mother and I was completely nervous. Sure I was fine for the past couple of hours, but I wasn't thinking about it as much as I was right now.

"Niall, don't worry about her. There are plenty of people watching her right now. She'll live." Kayla said, reassuring me.

I hesitated for a moment before responding.

"Fine, but not too much longer." I said, giving in.

"That's fine." Kayla replied.

For the rest of the night we sat there in silence, looking up at the stars. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was very much comfortable.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile!

Hope you liked the chapter!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Thanks!