The Secret Location and the Phone Call of Forgiveness

*Chapter 22: The Secret Location and the Phone Call of Forgiveness*

*Aubrey's POV*

*At work*

"Have you heard from her?" Emma asked.

"No." I replied.

"Don't worry. You'll hear from her soon. I know it." Emma told me before she went back to work.

I kind of half expected Ariel to call or text me after I told her to tell me where she is or she could move out when she gets back to England. I am kind of regretting getting mad at her. I miss talking to her and I miss hanging out with her. At this point I just wish she would call me to tell me how she is doing.

*Ariel's POV*

*Three Hours Later*

"Alright everyone, we're just pulling up a location where we will be hiding until we have everything set for the tour." Simon announced to us.

Paul finally told Liam about the tour, which is good because we need to start getting started.

Once the bus was parked, we all exited the bus. We are currently in the middle of the woods looking at a giant house in front of us.

"Are you guys going to come in or are you going to stand there catching flies in your mouth?" Simon asked.

We all quickly entered the house and immediately chose rooms.

*Four hours later*

*After planning the tour*

"That went faster than I had expected." Simon said in disbelief.

"How long did you think it was going to take?" I asked.

"I thought it was going to at least take us a few weeks, maybe a month." Simon replied.

"Well, considering everyone was excited about One Direction having a reunion tour, I am not surprised." Paul said.

"True." Niall, Louis, Harry, and Zayn said in unison.

"Hey, where's Liam?" I asked curiously. I just noticed that haven't seen him since we got here.

"He's in his room. Where else?" Niall said.

"Why do you ask?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. I just haven't seen him since we got here." I replied.

"Well, you guys should get some rest. You start rehearsal tomorrow." Simon said.

The four of them nodded and made their way upstairs to their rooms.

"I think I am going to go upstairs too. I'm pretty tired." I said.

Simon and Paul nodded before I made my way upstairs. When I got upstairs, I started making my way to Liam's room, to see if he needed anything, but I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I pulled it out and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said, answering my phone, now walking into my room and closing the door, to have a little more privacy.

"Ariel, it's me." The voice replied on the other side of the line.

"Aubrey?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I know. Surprising since the last time we talked I was angry at you." Aubrey said.

"What's going on are you okay?" I asked with concern.

Like she said, we haven't talked since the fight. So it's kind of weird that she's calling me now.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied.

"Then what's going on?" I asked.

"II just wanted to apologize for the way I acted. I should have trusted you." Aubrey told me, leaving me confused for her sudden apology.

"Um, okay." I said in a confused tone.

"I know you must be confused with my apology, so let me explain." She said.

"Okay." I replied.

"I was just mad that you lied to me. I thought we shared everything. I have been worrying about you for the last three years, so I was a little worried when you weren't in LA.  But then I had time to think and you are doing something that's getting you out of the house. You are probably doing something that is making you happy." Aubrey explained.

When I didn't answer she continued.

"I'm so sorry for getting mad at you and telling you that you needed to find another home when you get back to England. You don't have to if you don't want to. Do you forgive me?" Aubrey added.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied after taking a moment to think about it.

I can tell that  Aubrey is so happy that I forgave her because I could hear her smiling from her side of the line.

"So how have you been?" She asked me.

"I've been doing well, and yourself?" I replied.

"What have you been up to?" She asked.

"You know I can't tell you, so just change the subject." I told her.

"Right, sorry." She replied.

"What have you been up to?" I said, stealing her question, causing Aubrey to laugh.

"Nothing really. I have been working and going home. I have been hanging out with Emma a lot too." She replied.

"Really? I thought you didn't like her?" I asked.

"Yeah, well, I don't have anyone to hang out with since you're away." Aubrey told me.

"Well, I'll be home soon. Don't worry."  I said to her.

"Are you serious?" She said with a hint of excitement.

"Yeah." I replied with a slight smile.

"When?" She asked with more excitement.

"I don't know, but I'll let you know." I replied.

Aubrey started rambling on about the plans already had in mind and how she can't wait for me to come back home. Honestly, she is going to be surprised at the reason why I am actually coming home.

"Hey, Ariel-" Louis started as he came into my room, but I held up my hand to stop him. He immediately stopped talking once he saw that I was on the phone.

"Ariel, is that a guy?" Aubrey questioned with excitement, immediately stopping her rambling.

"Listen, Aubrey, I have to get back to work. I'll call you as soon as I know when I'm coming home." I said before quickly hanging up before she asked me any further questions.

"I thought you weren't talking to her?" Louis asked in confusion.

"Long story. What's up?" I asked, quickly changing the subject.

"Well, I couldn't sleep and was wondering if I could sleep here tonight?" He asked me in a hopeful tone.

"Get  in." I said with a slight smile.