Investigations and More Surprises

*Chapter 10: Investigations and More Surprises*

*Aubrey's POV*

*The next day*

*In LA*

"I can't believe we are doing this." I say with a worried tone as I walked off the plane.

"Hey, you're the one who wanted to know more information about what's really going on with Simon and Ariel." Emma replied as she walked up from behind me.

"I know, but this seems a little extreme." I told her.

Emma and I may have gone to an extreme. Talking about the whole situation yesterday with Emma, got me a little more worried. So Emma went online and booked us an early flight to LA, so we can go check out the situation. Yay. (Note my sarcasm) Just so we know, it was all Emma's idea. I had nothing to do with this plan.

"Oh, come on. You need experience a little adventure." Emma said as she pat me on the back as she made her way over to baggage claim.

"This is going to be one long  trip." I mumbled to myself and followed Emma.

*At the hotel*

"Okay, you ready?" Emma said as soon as we walked through the door of our hotel room.

"We literally just step foot in the room. Where could we possibly be going that's so important?" I replied in a whiney tone.

"Oh stop your complaining. We're going to the studio." Emma said.

"Why? Can't we just take a nap first." I whined.

"Okay, first, stop whining. It's annoying. And second there's no time for sleeping. We need to know if Simon and Ariel are actually here." Emma explained.

"Aren't you jet legged? At all?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"Nope." She said, popping the 'p', before walking out of the hotel room.

As much as I wanted to stay back and sleep until tomorrow morning, I followed Emma anyway. I'm the one who got us into this mess. Better stick around to get us out of it.

*Niall's POV*

*At his parents house*

"Amanda, are you ready?" I asked my daughter, who was patiently waiting by the door with her bags.

"Yes daddy." She replied in her childish voice.

"Okay, go say goodbye to grandma and grandpa." I told her before she ran off into the kitchen, with me following close behind.

After my parents gave my daughter a big hug I told her to go wait by the front door with Simon, Ariel, and Louis.

"Are you sure about this?" My mom asked me in a worried tone.

You see, my mom knows how bad it was when he band broke up the first time. So she's trying to protect me from any pain that I might feel again, but I need to do this. I need to do this tour to not only give me closure, but to give the fans some closure too.

"Yes mom, I'm sure." I told her.

"Are you 100% sure? We all know how much pain you felt when the band broke up the first time." She said, trying to convince me to change my mind.

"Mom, my mind is made up. I'm doing this." I told her, looking straight into her eyes.

"Fine. But if you get hurt, your father and I are not going to clean up your mess that you made the last time." She told me before giving me a big hug.

"I love you." I told my mom.

"I love you too." She replied.

After saying goodbye to my mom, I quickly said goodbye to my dad before joining Simon, Ariel, Louis, and Amanda in the front.

"So, I realized that we aren't all going to fit in the rental car that I had when I got here yesterday. So I traded it in for something else." Simon told me.

"Okay. What kind of car did you get?" I asked thinking it was going to be a van of some sort.

"I would rethink that car statement." Louis said nonchalantly.

"Why?" I asked as I gave them a questioning look.

"Just go outside." Ariel told me.

And so, I did as I was told and there, parked right in front of my house, was the old One Direction tour bus.

"Well, that's definitely not a car." I said in surprise.

"That's what I said." Louis said as he came up from behind me.

"Well, let's get on the bus we don't have all day." Simon said as he walked around us and walked towards the bus.

"You ready sweetie?" I asked as I looked down at my daughter.

"Yes daddy." She replied.

I picked up my daughter as Louis grabbed our luggage and headed towards the bus. But as Louis and I were about to step foot on the bus, Simon appeared out of nowhere and blocked our path.

"There's one little thing I forgot to mention." He told us.

"And what would that be?" Louis asked.

"You know, you can't be the biggest band in the world and go on tour without a body guard." Simon said slowly with a slight smile.

Wait a second, is he trying to tell us what I think he's trying to tell us?

"Simon, what are you talking a about?" I asked in a cautious tone.

Simon opened his mouth to speak, but Ariel's voice came out instead.

"Simon, would you let them on the bus already. We don't have all day." Ariel said in an impatient tone.

"Fine." Simon mumbled as he walked back onto the bus.

"Any idea what he's talking about?" Louis asked me.

"I have one." I replied as I walked onto the bus leaving Louis completely confused.

As soon as I climbed the stairs of the bus, I immediately saw someone sitting on the couch that I haven't seen in a very long time. Someone who'd I'd never expect to see.

"Louis," I said to Louis, considering he's not on the bus yet.

"Ye-" He said as he entered the bus, but stopped midway through, obviously spotting the person too.

"Are you seeing what I am seeing?" I whispered to him as he slowly nodded his head.

I slowly set down my daughter who immediately went to go play with Ariel.

"Paul?" Louis and I both questioned in unison.