Surprising the Group

--Recap--

Suddenly I heard a groan that brought me back from my thoughts. At first I though it was one of the others groaning in their sleep. But then it happened again and I found the source.

"Ariel." I said in disbelief, feeling myself go pale white, as if I saw a ghost.

"Simon, where am I?" I heard her say, which made me grin from ear to ear.

--End of Recap--

*Chapter 67: Surprising the Group*

*Ariel's POV*

"Ariel." I heard someone say in disbelief, suddenly realizing who it was.

"Simon, where am I?" I asked.

"Shhh, you're in the hospital. You were in an accident." Simon whispered, being sure not to wake anyone up.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Keep you're voice down. They're in the room sleeping." Simon whispered.

"Liam?" I said suddenly sitting up, which caused me pain.

"Hey, hey. Relax. I sent him back at the bus with Amanda." Simon whispered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he sat here beside you, holding your hand, for two days straight. He didn't eat, he didn't sleep. I was worried about him." Simon explained.

"So you sent him back to the bus to look after a three year old?" I questioned with a grin across my face.

"Yeah, now that I think about it, it was probably not my best decision. But at least you get to surprise him in the morning." Simon said cheerfully.

This made me smile even wider.

"Can I surprise everyone?" I asked in a hopeful tone.

"Yeah, sure why not."

Simon and I talked a little bit longer on how I was going to surprise everyone. I can't wait to see their faces.

*Simon's POV*

*The Next Morning*

After being up for an hour, excited to surprise these goofballs, everyone sort of woke up all at once. Perfect.

"Hey, morning sunshines." I said happily.

"Why are you so happy?" Zayn asked grumpily.

"No reason." I said quickly.

Zayn just gave me a weird look and continued on waking up fully.

"So did anything happen while we were sleeping?" Paul asked, still trying to wake up.

"Why would you assume that I would know the answer to that question?" I asked.

"Because you don't sleep when you're stressed." Paul replied.

"True." I mumbled before answering his question, but before I could, Ariel spoke up. I'm guessing she was too eager to wait at least 10 minutes after everyone was fully awake.

"But to answer your question Paul, nothing really happened last night. I woke up, but other than that, no big news." She said nonchalantly.

"Oh, good at least nothing big hap-" Paul started to reply without even realizing, but stopped mid-sentence. His eyes went wide, as did everyone else's in the room. Well, except for mine of course. I, myself, was grinning from ear to ear at their reactions.

They all turned slowly towards Ariel.

"So I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted the other night. I was wrong to have stormed out like that." Ariel started to ramble, but was interrupted by the group hug that just attacked.

"Ow ow ow. Guys, broken ribs. Squeezing too tight." Ariel said in pain as everyone quickly backed off.

"When did this happen?" Aubrey asked in disbelief with tears in her eyes.

"The middle of the night." Ariel replied.

"And you didn't wake us up?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Hey, I was too busy talking to Simon about how I was going to surprise you guys and Liam." She replied.

"Wait, you knew." Zayn asked slowly as he turned towards me.

"And you didn't call Liam." Louis stated also in disbelief.

"You he's going to be so upset right." Niall told me.

"Hey, he needed his rest. Plus he's looking after Amanda. So he had to stay at the bus anyway." I defended myself.

"Speaking of Liam, can we get me out of here so I can go surprise him?" Ariel asked eagerly.

I just laughed and nodded. I went to go discharge her while she explained the plan to the others. Liam is probably going to be so angry, but he'll get over it.

*30 minutes later*

30 minutes we were checked out and back at the bus. Me, the boys, and Aubrey entered the bus first. As we entered the bus, we found the sweetest scene ever. Liam was laying across the couch sleeping as Amanda slept on his chest, the TV still on, the blanket only half covering them. The bus was a mess. It was filled with Amanda's toys and drawings. To my understanding, Amanda made him play and draw before they fell asleep on the couch.

Suddenly I felt a slap on the arm, only to find the source to be Aubrey. She pointed at Liam aggressively, indicating she wanted me to wake him up. I gave her a look before walking over.

Niall also came over quietly and lifted up Amanda before I gently shaking Liam.

"Liam." I said gently shaking him. He didn't wake up.

"Liam." I said again. Still nothing.

When I went to go wake him up the next time, I shouted, instead of whispering or talking normally.

"LIAM!" I yelled as he quickly shot up, looking around for Amanda.

"Relax, relax, she's right here." Niall said in a calming voice, also trying to keep Amanda calm, who woke up from my shout.

He looked at all of us in the room in confusion. Then it turned to straight up fear. I suddenly remembered that he doesn't know that Ariel is awake and right outside.

"Listen, we have something to tell you." I said, in a tone, that made it sound like something happened.

The look of panic suddenly took over. We have to get this over with. This is killing me.

"It's about Ariel." Harry said gently.

Suddenly tears started to roll slowly down his face. He was just sitting there staring at us with tears rolling down his face, looking like a sad little kid. Okay, we need to make this quicker.

Suddenly all seven of us smiled from ear to ear, earning a confused look from Liam. That's when Liam helped Ariel on to the bus. All of us, who were blocking the entrance on purpose, moved out of the way, and Ariel was standing there in plain view.

"Hey." Ariel said simply with a small smile.

Liam just started sobbing right then and there.

"Well are you just going to sit there or are you going to get up and hug the girl?" Paul said excitedly, also grinning from ear to ear.

Liam quickly shot up and quickly made his way over to Ariel, gently wrapping his arms around her. Liam and Ariel stood there for what seemed like forever hugging each other. Liam gently kissed Ariel's forehead and lips. Eventually Liam helped Ariel back to the bunks. They climbed into Liam's bunk, where he wrapped a protective arm around her waist as they napped and watched movies for the rest of the day.