The Group Visit

*Chapter 66: The Group Visit*

*Simon's POV*

*Two Days Later*

So it has been two days and Ariel has not yet woken. Doctor Smith has determined that she is in a coma. Though in a coma, he says that Ariel should be fine. But I am having concerns. Not only for Ariel, but for Liam too. He has not left that chair in two days. I don't think he's even slept. Now that all of us are allowed in the room together, we've all been trying to get him to go back to the bus to shower and to get some sleep. Unfortunately, he hasn't budged. Every time we would put a hand on his shoulder or arm, he would shrug us away. Or if would try to remove his had from Ariel's he would tighten his grip. I think we all gave up.

"When is Auntie Ariel gonna wake up?" Amanda asked innocently, shaking me from my thoughts. All of us, except for Liam of course, are sitting on the bus silently. Unable to do anything but sit here and wait. Waiting for a call from the doctor to call. We all made the agreed that we would spend the night in Ariel's room. Though it's going to be a tight squeeze, we're going to make it work.

"I don't know sweetie." Niall replied.

Niall told that Ariel was not feeling well and had to sleep at the doctors in order to feel better. He doesn't want to upset Amanda.

"But daddy. I want to show Auntie Ariel my drawings." Amanda replied in a whine.

"Auntie Ariel will be able to see your drawings when she gets back from the doctors." Niall replied.

"But daddy." Amanda whined.

Seeing that Niall was getting annoyed by his daughter, Paul decided to speak up.

"Hey Amanda, why don't you show me your drawings?" Paul suggested.

"But it's not the same." Amanda whined.

"How about this? You show me your drawings and we can both show Auntie Ariel your drawings when she is feeling better." Paul suggested.

Amanda thought about it for a moment before agreeing. She ran over to Paul and showed him the many drawings she created.

If only she knew the extent of Ariel's injuries.

*Later that night*

So all of us are now squeezed into Ariel's room.

"Daddy, I don't want to sleep here." Amanda whined for the thousandth time.

"Well daddy is staying here so you have to stay here." Niall said in annoyance.

"But daddy, I don't like this place." Amanda whined.

"Well there is no one to watch you on the bus, so you will be staying here with me." Niall snapped, causing Amanda to cry.

Niall snapping at Amanda is not something that is a common event. He is normally sweet and gentle with his daughter. But I'm guessing with everything that is happening, Niall is stressed out, just like the rest of us. So before Niall could say anything to his crying daughter, Paul spoke up.

"I'll take her back to the bus." Paul offered, but I wouldn't have it. Paul always sacrifices his time for everyone else, especially for Amanda. He is always the one to offer to babysit Amanda when Ariel or Aubrey can't. I think he needs to spend time with Ariel.

"Fine." Niall said in relief.

"Actually Paul, why doesn't Liam take Amanda back to the bus for you?" I suggested.

All of them went silent, even Amanda. Everyone gave me a concerned look, not wanting to say a word, considering that he was sitting right there.

"It will be fine. He needs to go back to the bus and freshen up anyway." I told them.