Forty-Seven

Nialls is more than nervous

Niall actually doesn't know what the word is for being more than nervous so he's just really nervous

He has counted and he has checked wth a doctor himself that he is now currently 6 weeks along and he has yet to tell the fathers of the baby, or babies he isn't so that sure. He just knows that there is a human life form growing in his stomach and he's in charge of its protection. It's not like Niall is irresponsible, okay sometimes he can't look after himself and has to rely on Liam and Harry to cater after his every needs but he knows he can look after and protect this baby from harm as long as they are in his tummy.

He just needs to make it past the first trimester

Niall paces the floors, biting onto the side of his index finger as he does so. His mind is working over time, it's unhealthy really but he's trying to find a way to tell them. He can't really go 'Oh hey! I'm pregnant with one of your children but y'know I or the child could die but it's nothing to worry about!'. He knows that they both want to be fathers, they told him that they were going to try for a child and here they were, or here Niall was, 6 weeks pregnant and still hasn't told the fathers.

Liam was going to freak out and go into daddy mode, and Harry was going to freak out and possibly squeal and faint

Niall can hear them both talking from where the pair is in the kitchen. He can hear every word and sound through the walls and ceilings of where he is up in their bedroom. It's mindless things that they are chatting about, Harry catching up on social networks as Liam cooks and chats like the good multasker that he is. He can here the faint sound of Liam asking about Niall and that speeds his heart up a little.

It's not as if it's unusual for the pair to talk about Niall, they were all in a relationship so of course they talk about one another but it was just the way that Liam said it. It was alerting, and Niall was finding himself creeping into the hallway to hear better.

"Why? What's wrong with Niall?"Harrys voice asks and Niall can see those threaded eyebrows and that pouted lip in confusion, looking up from his phone to look at Liam in confusion. Harry was such a sweetheart, He was so innocent sometimes and had a large heart. It was what made Niall fall in love with him.

"I never said that there was anything wrong with him, it's just-"Niall can hear Liam sigh, Setting down the knife (or what Niall thinks is a knife) back onto the counter."He's acting weird, haven't ya' noticed? It feels like he's avoiding us. What if we aren't catering after his needs and being bad boyfriends?"Liam fusses and Niall frowns as he lowers himself onto the floor, his back up against a wall.

He hasn't been avoiding them that much, has he? He gets pretty occupied when it comes the triplets coming over because he loves babies. He wants to look after the triplets twenty-Four Seven so that Louis can relax for a short period of time. He's trying to be a good friend for Louis, the poor kitten hybrid is shattered from feeding three babies by himself when Zayn is working in the studio. And when they are home Niall is tired sometimes so he stays in bed and sleeps.

Okay maybe he's trying to avoid them by using his Best friends children as a distraction and an excuse

"This is hard for him Li,"Harry sighs, setting his phone onto the table. Niall sniffles a little and continues to listen."His body is changing, fighting for the chance to be a mother. With all of this baby stuff going on it's making Niall want a baby even more so, so yeah he might be distant but that's the reason probably."

"What if we can't give him that Harry? What if he can't have a child and this is a sign from God to tell us to stop? Just stop all of this and wipe the bullshit from our eyes."Liam groans and Nialls breath catches in his throat, a hand self-consciously going to rest on his flat stomach.