Sixty-One

The middle of June (The Triplets are 9 and a half months old)

Niall is at Full Term

Whose been here since the prologue?

Thank you for 12K votes (;

"C'mon baby, come to Daddy."Zayn has Preston standing not even 2 feet in front of him, crouched down and arms open for an invitation hug as he waits for his eldest to take those first baby steps towards him. The perfect mixture of both of his Mummy and Daddy, Preston holds that same look of concentration that Louis holds whenever he's trying to achieve something, but at the same time his lips are pursed like Zayns.

The ten month old is looking down at his feet as if he's surprised that they are there, little kitten ears twitching at the nose coming from his surroundings before he's looking back at his Daddy who is waiting patiently. Cautiously, Preston is taking a step forward, foot and leg shaky before the hybrid is tumbling down the floor like a ton of bricks; right on his poor little face.

Preston is letting out a strangled cry for help and not moments later Zayn is scooping the baby hybrid up into his arms quickly, pressed to his chest and lips pressed to sweet smelling dark hair."Oh poor Tony, it's okay. Shh."Zayn is walking around the living room with the bundle in his arms, whispering sweet nothings into little kitten ears as the eldest Malik child continues to cry heartbreakingly.

Zayn had been trying to get all three babies to take their first steps for weeks now, desperate to witness them taking those shakes first steps and for them to fall into his arms cutely with fits of giggles. So far, it had resorted to Preston falling onto his face numerous times, Payton being a clever kit and just crawling into her Daddies arms and Jensen not even attempting to do anything but smile at his daddy as he tries to encourage movement.

"You are all so stubborn, I have no idea where any of you get it from."Zayn is grumbling, pressing another kiss to the fluffy hazel hair that smelt like baby shampoo. Preston had stopped his crying, blotchy aftermath crying face looking up at his Daddy, his blue and brown eyes wide with pouted out lips.

"Uh-oh,"Zayn can hear Payton speak, the more intelligent of the three. She was a wee smartie pants, knowing a few words and knowing when was the appropriate times to say it."Uh-Oh,"She's repeating, standing beside the sofa with her hands gripping the material.

"What are you 'Uh-Oh'ing about?"Zayn is chuckling, continuing to hold Preston close to his chest as he walks over to where Payton is. She's looking up at him through thick eyelashes, her Raven black tail swaying behind her and dressed in a baby pink dungaree set with little white trainers and ankle socks. Louis had clipped in a pink bow in her Raven black hair that morning which now lay stranded on the Carpet.

"Ohhh, okay yes, I can smell that 'Uh-Oh' now."Zayn is grimacing, his nose scrunching up at the vile smell."Wow. How on earth can you make pancakes into that?"Zayn is setting Preston down onto the carpet, watching the eldest Malik crawl over to his little brother who was mindlessly playing with a few blocks. Preston is grabbing a block out of Jensens hands, the younger whimpering and pouting.

Zayn is managing to change Payton's nappy in no time, blowing a raspberry on her stomach before he's slipping the baby pink dungarees on and clipping them. She giggles at her Daddy's antics, little Raven black kitten ears twitching at the sound and image of her Daddy making funny sounds above her.

"Hey, hey, hey."Louis is scowling, spotting Preston snatching the block from Jensens hands. The younger is confused as he looks at his big brother with watery blue eyes and a pout on his lips. Louis is kneeling in front of the pair, taking the block that Preston snatched out of his hands."No. You do not take things off your little brother. He's fragile."